• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I am lousy at sorting first time coaches. I thought Siriani would be a joke. Campbell, too.

Those guys and maybe DeMarco Ryan show you how quickly you can turn a team around with right (inexperienced) head coach
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I am lousy at sorting first time coaches. I thought Siriani would be a joke. Campbell, too.

Those guys and maybe DeMarco Ryan show you how quickly you can turn a team around with right (inexperienced) head coach
      Different organizations. Eagles are for sure a level above historically than the Lions and Texans. Those two teams are closer to the Chargers. And for sure, Campbell and Ryans are excelling

I just don't trust, based on history, that a 4th first time HC in a row would be the best business move. Granted, you also never know what could happen. That said, still prefer somebody who has done the job.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
        Take a look at the pictures under Bolts Final Prep. Does that look like a team that is practicing to win? Looks like a fuking picnic on the beach out there. I know when I was a SD fan we bitched about this very thing in the SDUT forum.

https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...t-lamar-staley
        Probably a lot of wasted time the way Staley organizes practices.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I have zero faith even if everybody is available. They will screw it up.

They arent hiring BB and frankly i dont want him. He is 71. It would be nice to have a HC here for some years and that isnt BB. He is chasing Shula at this point in his career. Harbaugh is 59 and can be here 10 to 13 or so years if he wants.
          It would just be nice to have stabilty at HC. Steelers have had 3 in how many years?

Of course having Spanos as owners means bad decisions and likely to piss off even reputable HCs.
          No coach has lasted more than 6 years with the Chargers under the Spanos.
          Belichick, Harbaugh, Frank Smith, none will make it past year 6.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Wrbanwal View Post
            Take a look at the pictures under Bolts Final Prep. Does that look like a team that is practicing to win? Looks like a fuking picnic on the beach out there. I know when I was a SD fan we bitched about this very thing in the SDUT forum.

https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...t-lamar-staley
            New rules now. You can only have so many practices in full lads. Rules have limited them as the players wanted it that way in negotiations to limit the hitting. Not sure which contract it was but it's been that way for a some years anyways. Not sure exactly how many.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

No coach has lasted more than 6 years with the Chargers under the Spanos.
              Belichick, Harbaugh, Frank Smith, none will make it past year 6.

Year 6 would be improvement over year 4. Might as well get it done with someone who can at least give us that, which I don’t think BB can.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                Outback Goon
                • Sep 2018
                • Australia
                • Send PM

Does Staley get any credit for holding the #1 AFC team to under 21 points?

only 2 other teams have done it in 12 weeks.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Longtime Chargers fans know once the wheels come off it can take a long time to get things turned around. I just hope we get lucky and whoever it is knows what the hell they are doing. Fortunately we have Herbert as a attraction to more experienced coaching but again we’ll have to get lucky. What a mess.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                    Does Staley get any credit for holding the #1 AFC team to under 21 points?

only 2 other teams have done it in 12 weeks.
                    As a HC no cuz we lost.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Didn’t realize he was already 62!

I'm actually happy for Reich in a way. Irsay gave him an extension last season and he's still due the balance of that contract (probably 4 more years), and Tepper just hired him this year so he's also due the balance of THAT contract. So dude is gonna bank head coach pay from 2 different organizations (probably $10m+ per year combined) for the next 4-5 yrs for doing absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Screenshot_20231127-065014_Instagram.jpg

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

I'm actually happy for Reich in a way. Irsay gave him an extension last season and he's still due the balance of that contract (probably 4 more years), and Tepper just hired him this year so he's also due the balance of THAT contract. So dude is gonna bank head coach pay from 2 different organizations (probably $10m+ per year combined) for the next 4-5 yrs for doing absolutely nothing.
                          Id retire

Comment

Working...
                          X