Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
    Screenshot_20231204-140305_Firefox.jpg"My Daddy owns the team so there!"
    His beverages of choice in the background when he is "scouting".
    Jumbled down some drunken notes when he scouted Stick.
    Probably also scouted Sorenson.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

I really hope Spanos has taken note on what a difference and how fast a good HC coach can make. That doesn’t mean it needs to be an experienced HC, just a coach that has a lot of good experience and has been successful where he’s been.

The Jags come to mind. Pederson took over after an absolute train wreck and in his 2nd year, has the Jags competing for the #1 seed.

Steichen has the Colts 7-5 with their backup QB and Jonathan Taylor out. Pittman Jr. is good, but they don’t have a true #1 WR and who’s their TE Mo Ali Cox and Jelani Woods.

Ryans has the Texans 7-5 with a rookie QB and not a true #1 RB. With Ryans and Slowik, Nico Collins has all of a sudden become a #1 WR.

The last 3 HCs the Chargers have hired DID NOT have any consistent success prior to being hired.

McCoy- 1 year success with Manning as his QB.
      Lynn- Don’t get me started
      Staley- 1 year success with Ramsey and Donald and 4 years total in the NFL. The writing was on the wall and a lot of us were fooled because he’s a great salesman.

The Spanos family and Tolesco have no business being involved in football decisions. The proof is right there in front of us and Dean.

I was getting even more frustrated as I was typing this.😠😡😤🤬

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
        I really hope Spanos has taken note on what a difference and how fast a good HC coach can make. That doesn’t mean it needs to be an experienced HC, just a coach that has a lot of good experience and has been successful where he’s been.

The Jags come to mind. Pederson took over after an absolute train wreck and in his 2nd year, has the Jags competing for the #1 seed.

Steichen has the Colts 7-5 with their backup QB and Jonathan Taylor out. Pittman Jr. is good, but they don’t have a true #1 WR and who’s their TE Mo Ali Cox and Jelani Woods.

Ryans has the Texans 7-5 with a rookie QB and not a true #1 RB. With Ryans and Slowik, Nico Collins has all of a sudden become a #1 WR.

The last 3 HCs the Chargers have hired DID NOT have any consistent success prior to being hired.

Staley- 1 year success with Ramsey and Donald and 4 years total in the NFL. The writing was on the wall and a lot of us were fooled because he’s a great salesman.

The Spanos family and Tolesco have no business being involved in football decisions. The proof is right there in front of us and Dean.

To be fair, Minshew is probably better right now than Richardson. Richardson can really only run and why he is out for the year. He isn't much of a passer. Good defense and good young receivers. 2 good RBs. Better OL than us.

But i agree, we need a better GM and HC.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I've made it very clear that I want Jim Harbaugh as the next head coach. I cringe at the thought of hiring Ben Johnson when Harbaugh is available. Regarding Johnson, however, I will say he has done great work resurrecting Jared Goff's career. I thought Goff was completely broken. I think that, along with contributing to Dan Campbell's turnaround in Detroit, is more impressive than what Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn, and Brandon Staley did prior to becoming head coaches.

Let's also keep in mind that Lynn was the offensive coordinator during Dan Campbell's first season in Detroit, and Goff and the offense played like shit with Lynn calling the plays. It doesn't necessarily mean Johnson's going to be a successful head coach, but he has done an outstanding job as the Lions' offensive coordinator.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I don't understand why fans want their team to lose to improve their draft position. Do you really want a coach or players on your team who are comfortable with losing, who try to lose? I don't. I want my coach/players to never give up trying to win. Draft position is irrelevant.
            what did winning all those meaningless games do for Rivers career?

what is happening is the same shit that happen to Rivers.

the treadmill of mediocrity.

instead this team should tank and get a top 5 pick and trade it to accumulate more assets to build an actual team with an identity and that is worth a damn.

i already said they should of had a fire sale during the trade deadline.

knew this team wasn't shit before the season started.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I've made it very clear that I want Jim Harbaugh as the next head coach. I cringe at the thought of hiring Ben Johnson when Harbaugh is available. Regarding Johnson, however, I will say he has done great work resurrecting Jared Goff's career. I thought Goff was completely broken. I think that, along with contributing to Dan Campbell's turnaround in Detroit, is more impressive than what Mike McCoy, Anthony Lynn, and Brandon Staley did prior to becoming head coaches.

Let's also keep in mind that Lynn was the offensive coordinator during Dan Campbell's first season in Detroit, and Goff and the offense played like shit with Lynn calling the plays. It doesn't necessarily mean Johnson's going to be a successful head coach, but he has done an outstanding job as the Lions' offensive coordinator.
              But the thing about Ben Johnson is that Dan Campbell is the head coach. So is it Dan Campbell that had more impact or Goff. I understand Lynn was fired and Campbell had to call plays - and Johnson has done a good job as the OC but Mike McCoy was OC with Manning and Staley was DC with Donald - pass on Ben Johnson. Pass on Frank Smith. Pass on Bobby Slowik

The next hire for Head Coach should be Jim Harbaugh, followed by James Harbaugh followed by Jimbo Harbaugh of "Da Bears. If not, Quinn or another experienced coach.

But really, today, its a one person pool of candidates

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

I'm tired of coordinator experiments... I'd take a college coach over some rising "potential" coordinator.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

what did winning all those meaningless games do for Rivers career?

what is happening is the same shit that happen to Rivers.

the treadmill of mediocrity.

instead this team should tank and get a top 5 pick and trade it to accumulate more assets to build an actual team with an identity and that is worth a damn.

i already said they should of had a fire sale during the trade deadline.

knew this team wasn't shit before the season started.
                  Nobody wants the players to tank or the coaches to tank
                  That said -- being 6-11 does have advantages over 8-9 -- draft picks, not only the first round but every round
                  different schedule, last place schedule - granted in the NFL, teams can improve year to year

But yes, build a team that is good for 4-5 years - or the length of the Herbert contract
                  thats why Telesco needs to go - he sucks at his job

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Lol...the minute Staley loses a game, that isnt at least a divisional playoff, I would be wanting Harbaugh as much as anybody on here...

But wish in one hand, and shit in the other...you know the rest...

We hear this crap year in, and year out...and he always goes back to Michigan.

Also, Harbaugh is an abrasive ass...I wish he was our abrasive ass, but Im betting the Spanos dont want to let him in the door to bully them around...its what this team and its fans need, but no good for the Spanos...

I guess we can pray they find humility, and step away from football operations...but Im not holding my breath.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Duck of Death
                      Social Piranha
                      • May 2022
                      • Flyover, USA
                      • Send PM

I dunno, it just seems like a pipe dream. Lots of very widely placed dominos need to fall into place for Harbaugh to come to LA.

Domino #1 - Will Staley even be fired? Former NFL Exec Randy Mueller of the Athletic claims that there is much more support for Staley internally than externally. Truly amazing to read that, but BS is in the 3rd yr of a 4 yr contract. In 2015, McCoy finished 4-12, yet returned for a 4th season. In 2019, Lynn finished 5-11, yet returned for a 4th season. We shouldn’t fool ourselves into thinking this isn’t a huge factor being weighed by Spanos.

Domino #2 - Would Harbaugh even want to come to LA? If you were an intelligent, highly sought-after HC candidate, wouldn’t you be picky about who your next boss would be? I’ll go a step further - Is it possible that Staley, Lynn, & McCoy were simply the only guys they could get? I mean, we’re all painfully aware of the valid reason the Mannings smartly asked for that trade back in ‘04. There was a reason Anthony Lynn made his comment about the stark contrast in available resources (SF vs SD). There was also a reason why Matt Slauson made his comments about “someone” in upper management meddling with starting lineups. Surely a smart man like Harbaugh would be well aware of what he could potentially be getting himself into.

Domino #3 - Would Spanos be willing to pay what it would take? (I.e. upwards of $20 mil per yr). Moreover, how much would that leave in their budget for anything else, like quality staff, scouting, trainers etc? Would Harbaugh have to double as the team bus driver? Would players have to pay for their own gym memberships? I kid, of course. But we probably do have to acknowledge that a limited budget is a very real consideration.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Lol...the minute Staley loses a game, that isnt at least a divisional playoff, I would be wanting Harbaugh as much as anybody on here...

But wish in one hand, and shit in the other...you know the rest...

We hear this crap year in, and year out...and he always goes back to Michigan.

Also, Harbaugh is an abrasive ass...I wish he was our abrasive ass, but Im betting the Spanos dont want to let him in the door to bully them around...its what this team and its fans need, but no good for the Spanos...

I guess we can pray they find humility, and step away from football operations...but Im not holding my breath.
                        No, you are right,.

In all likelihood if Staley is replaced it will be somebody like Ben Johnson or Frank Smith. Why? Because they are getting the buzz but mostly, they are cheap. And of course on the offensive side of the ball because of Herbert and this theory that he needs an "offensive minded head coach" when in reality, Herbert just needs a better HEAD coach (and Front Office).

Comment

• Amped
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

I think that Collage head coaches are better equipped for the NFL with the transfer portal and NIL.

Since Spanos will balk at the 20+ mill a year price tag of BB or Harbaugh, I say we try out Kalen DeBoer. What he has done at Washington is nothing short of a miracle. From 4-8 before him to 11-2 to 13-0. they just find ways to win close games which is our problem, also he blows out inferior opponents.

Comment

Working...
                          X