• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I apologize for being the bearer of bad news.

With yesterday's "defeat" of the Patriots, the Chargers will win 4 of their final 6 games. That won't get them in the playoffs, but it will be enough for the Spanoses to decide Staley deserves one more season.
    No they won’t. Keep the faith.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

I don't understand why fans want their team to lose to improve their draft position. Do you really want a coach or players on your team who are comfortable with losing, who try to lose? I don't. I want my coach/players to never give up trying to win. Draft position is irrelevant.
      Thats the thing. I dont believe at all that Staley is trying to lose and not sure where you get that.

I always want us to win, just dont think we will do well in these remaining 5 games. Denver, LV and KC have good defenses and our OL is terrible. Thats 4 of our games right there.

I will say this. I 100% want to fire Telesco and if losing 4 of the next 5 gets it done, then great. We wont win anything with him at GM. He just isnt good enough.
      Spanos is a big enough obstacle, Telesco is another. I hate it that Herb has such a crap record being what he is and that is on Telesco as well so ill suffer some bad the rest of the way to get things good again. If we win 3 of the next 5 thats great too if it still means TT is fired. For the future of this team, i want to make sure he is. He needs to go.

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

IMHO, If the Chargers finish the season strong TT and Staley will be back. I suspect there will be a player cleaning. Staley has sat a lot of starters and if Staley is coaching next year, I don't think we will see a lot of these players back next year.
        1- #11 Bowers TE 7a- #225 Boyd DT
        2a- #35 Cooper LB 7b- #253 Vidal RB
        2b- #37 Jenkins DT
        3a- #66 Puni OT
        3b- #69 Sainristill CB
        4a- #105 Rice WR
        4b- #110 Lloyd RB
        5- #140 Green CB
        6- #181 Nourzad C/OG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Thats the thing. I dont believe at all that Staley is trying to lose and not sure where you get that.

I always want us to win, just dont think we will do well in these remaining 5 games. Denver, LV and KC have good defenses and our OL is terrible. Thats 4 of our games right there.

I will say this. I 100% want to fire Telesco and if losing 4 of the next 5 gets it done, then great. We wont win anything with him at GM. He just isnt good enough.
          Spanos is a big enough obstacle, Telesco is another. I hate it that Herb has such a crap record being what he is and that is on Telesco as well so ill suffer some bad the rest of the way to get things good again. If we win 3 of the next 5 thats great too if it still means TT is fired. For the future of this team, i want to make sure he is. He needs to go.
          What BoltJolt said

I think Telesco is actually worse at his job than Staley. But Herbert should have a better record based on the play of the offense with respect to the passing game and the team doesn't/ Thats on Telesco. And if you want to include JohnBOy thats fine. But since Telesco is in front of the microphones, he gets the blame.

I saw the PFF grades for the offense yesterday: Parham, Guyton and Clapp were 3 of top 5. Two of those positions, TE - specifically blocking and Center needed to be upgraded this past offseason. Yet, Telesco was just happy and content bringing back Clapp and not upgrading the TE room - blocking wise. Just a lazy lazy offseason

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

I don't understand why fans want their team to lose to improve their draft position. Do you really want a coach or players on your team who are comfortable with losing, who try to lose? I don't. I want my coach/players to never give up trying to win. Draft position is irrelevant.
            I want Staley to try his hardest to win so that we’ll lose.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Tolesco is lazy and boring at his job. Sign, cut, restructure and draft. Very little trading players or picks, picks for players or picks for picks. Get creative and try to out smart your counterparts. Everybody in the league knows he’s soft as a GM and won’t get after it. Roseman gets after it year in and year out and so do the 9ers. Look at what they have done. Built Juggernauts!!!

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

I don't understand why fans want their team to lose to improve their draft position.
                Because TT has not shown he cannot draft consistent talent beyond the top 10.

Do you really want a coach or players on your team who are comfortable with losing, who try to lose?
                Nope... I want "them" to play their asses off and always try to win. BUT, at this point "I" want them to lose out which gives us a better chance of Staley AND TT getting fired. I've seen enough, this team needs to get off the Hamster Wheel of Mediocrity.

Draft position is irrelevant.
                Oh no no no no it is most def not... Especially with our GM.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

If they fire TT and Staley and bring in an offensive minded coach(god I hope so). Do you give a guy like Jay Rodgers a shot at DC and bring in a guy like either Mike Zimmer or Rex Ryan as a senior defensive assistant? I think Jay Rodgers has been around good DCs and been a good coach long enough to get a shot. I like the fact he is an interior defensive coach, which to me has its advantages.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Did you read the post I was responding to? I'm 100 percent with you.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Because TT has not shown he cannot draft consistent talent beyond the top 10.

Nope... I want "them" to play their asses off and always try to win. BUT, at this point "I" want them to lose out which gives us a better chance of Staley AND TT getting fired. I've seen enough, this team needs to get off the Hamster Wheel of Mediocrity.

Oh no no no no it is most def not... Especially with our GM.
                      Neither Staley or TT will be here next year.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
                        IMHO, If the Chargers finish the season strong TT and Staley will be back. I suspect there will be a player cleaning. Staley has sat a lot of starters and if Staley is coaching next year, I don't think we will see a lot of these players back next year.
                        First it was the type of players we needed, then it was the coordinators, now it's the players we have! There has been one constant through all this with little improvement and that is Staley! Either make the playoffs this season and win or get fired along with TT! There will be no amount of used car salesman talk that will justify him staying if the results are not good and so far they have been dreadful!

Comment

• Wrbanwal
                          FUdean
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

I’m not sure what team you guys are following if you think for a minute that the FUdeans will fire Telescope or Staley. They dumped all their chips on Herbert Mack and Bozo (who I loathe almost as much as FUdean)

Comment

Working...
                          X