• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Ian doesn't watch. He gathers info and reveals it.

That statement is directly from the Span, which is OBVIOUS. Staley will not be fired.
    He said the "defense is fine"

Its not fine. Its near the bottom of the league as it has been for much of the Staley tenure

So yes, I think you are correct. The Spanii or Telesco talked to Ian to get the word out that the problem is not the DC, ergo HC. In this case, it was the offense. Throwing them under the bus..

And sure the offense probably left at least 12 and up to 20 points on the field - but give me a break, the defense was not good either.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

I guess, the big question is: is the season salvable? Assuming they lose to the Ravens next and drop to 4-7. Maybe, it's just as well saying the season is done and keep Staley to improve draft position, and spending the time sorting out a new HC for next season? Or is it better to fire Staley and promote Moore on a interim basis?

Comment

• Wrbanwal
        FUdean
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Come on Rex, your wife? Seriously?

Rex Ryan has some harsh words for Chargers coach Brandon Staley after a loss to the Packers.

Comment

• BigBad
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
          Or is it better to fire Staley and promote Moore on an interim basis?
          I'd personally go this route. And evaluate Moore as a head coach. If he isn't getting guys to buy in he is gone too. Clean house including Telesco at end of the year.

Comment

• Wrbanwal
            FUdean
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its not fine. Its near the bottom of the league as it has been for much of the Staley tenure

So yes, I think you are correct. The Spanii or Telesco talked to Ian to get the word out that the problem is not the DC, ergo HC. In this case, it was the offense. Throwing them under the bus..

And sure the offense probably left at least 12 and up to 20 points on the field - but give me a break, the defense was not good either.

I get it teams make mistakes that leave points off the board but looking at the body of work tells me there is always something missing with them. Every week so it seems. Staley can spin it any way he wants but they don't look close to being a playoff team to me.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

He needs to stick to breaking news and not analysis as the defense is part of the problem.

And yes, the Spanii have spoken --nothing to see here, everything is fine

Seriously WTF is that guy watching - just look at the stats - the defense is garbage. He is not one of the better DCs in the league
              The offense gave you a 4 point lead with a couple of minutes left against an offense that has struggled all year. You had them at 3 and 20...you cant get off the field, and then in 3 plays they score the winning TD

The defense sucked again and gave up back breaking explosive plays as always

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

What is with the finger pointing about offense or defense?? Last I checked Brandon Staley is the HC responsible for all aspects of this team and has a losing 4-6 record

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The offense gave you a 4 point lead with a couple of minutes left against an offense that has struggled all year. You had them at 3 and 20...you cant get off the field, and then in 3 plays they score the winning TD

The defense sucked again and gave up back breaking explosive plays as always
                  At least rapoport didn't try to spin it that somehow Herbert failed again- having the ball twice and not getting into FG range. Granted, the one drive I think QJ dropped a pass and Ekeler slipped; the other drive QJ dropped the would be touchdown

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That guy is delusional. An even cursory waltz through GB game stats this year and comparison to what they did to Staley's defense yields the defense was the problem. And too many analysts (including Jeremiah and Money on the Chargers own radio broadcast) continually point out how wide open receivers are, how they can tell from the alignment the coverage is too soft, etc.

Staley has to go.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

At least rapoport didn't try to spin it that somehow Herbert failed again- having the ball twice and not getting into FG range. Granted, the one drive I think QJ dropped a pass and Ekeler slipped; the other drive QJ dropped the would be touchdown
                      Yes but is Staley being judged as a DC, or as a Head Coach with a losing record with an elite QB? Who cares if it offense or defense? The results are the same. This Brandon Staley coached team cannot beat the good teams, now they are losing to bad ones.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post
                        [/B][/U]

This

When the Staley defenders start talking about how his record isn't that bad (over .500), they forget to mention that he's been give a team with talent, with a top 5 QB, and has managed to drag it all down into mediocrity . . . . . . . .

He's done less with more than any other Charger coach . . . . . . . ever
                        A mediocre one these past 4-5 years. The team 2 years prior to the Staley hiring went 5-11.

When I see guys like Bosa and James get slammed while people turn around and boast about the talent on the roster, I see how fickle people are.

The defense needs better CBs. The CBs we have are just not that good. Defense also needs a better NT. The last good NT the team had was Antonio Garay. And that isn't to disregard Jamal Williams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Yes but is Staley being judged as a DC, or as a Head Coach with a losing record with an elite QB? Who cares if it offense or defense? The results are the same. This Brandon Staley coached team cannot beat the good teams, now they are losing to bad ones.
                          Another thing about that Rapoport clip - its almost like the "geniuses" in the Chargers Front Office think they can get one over on the fans by having the 'respected Ian Rapoport' give a vote of confidence to Staley and basically the defense and only talking about the points the offense left on the field (which they did)

Do they really think the fans are that stupid and do not pay attention?

This ownership group is literally the dumbest in the NFL. I think Mark Davis with the Raiders has more football/business acumen than Deano Spanii.

Comment

Working...
                          X