• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No Staley would not survive a 6-11 record with this roster, I'm pretty sure he would fire himself based on how he carries himself!
    Maybe. Depends on why the team ended up 6-11. If he bumbles and stumbles through the rest of the year than I could see it happening, especially if they knew Sean Payton was interested. If the team is wiped out by injuries, it's awful hard to judge the performance of a coach.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      Coach Staley said just watch when Mack is playing you'll see! So what's the deal in these last 2 games? I've been watching and I'll be watching this week? Do you have an explanation? Too bad we don't play the Raiders every week.
      It's still early and I think Mack will end up having a good year overall, but if you look at his production the last couple of years, it has slowed somewhat. He's not the absolute gamewrecker he was with the Raiders, but he is still a lot better than most. Also going to be extra difficult now with Bosa out so teams can just gameplan around him entirely.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Staley needs to focus on coaching the fundamentals, such as proper tackling, and being more aggressive on personnel decisions that is predicated more on merit rather than seniority or veteran leadership. We run heavy DB personnel schemes, so it should be incumbent on him to focus practice on proper tackling, and do some punch and strip drills to get more turnovers, particularly for the DB group. Some pass catching drills for the DBs would be well-suited, with maybe rotating some DBs to be in the WR room to look at and recognize different routes, and in the LB room to recognize run gaps. We need our DBs to have more of a linebacker mentality, and have our linebackers improve their coverage skills. It'd be nice to have a bunch of Dru Tranquills, or Adrian Phillips' on the field. The tackling has been atrocious, and that has been the case for many years.

In terms of personnel decisions, we need Fehoko out there over Tillery. While that may be at the expense of the pass rush, I haven't seen Tillery really rack up many pressures in his role. Fehoko is better suited at stopping the run and that should be the priority. I wish we had 3 Aubrayo Franklins or Jamal Williams' out there who can take on doubles and still bull rush for pressure and disrupt running lanes, but we don't at this point.

We need more Joshua Kelly, and to give Spiller a chance.

I think Salyer will be a nice surprise at LT, so I would give him a chance for a few drives to see how he handles it. I'd almost guarantee he'd be much better than Norton, who doesn't belong on an NFL team, in my opinion. I'd be shocked if we had much drop-off with Salyer from Slater, to be honest. I think that highly of him. We also need to try by fire Jaimes at guard. If he can be as competent at RG as Jeromy Clary was, maybe we can try Zion out at RT or LG with Pipkins at RT. It appears Feiler is battling some nagging injuries, so his play may continue to wane.

In terms of offensive scheming and game-planning, I think they need to consider flipping the script, and passing more for intermediate and longs to set up the run for either Spiller or Kelly. We need Tyrone Johnson back, and if possible, signing Will Fuller. We can utilize De'Andre Carter or Keenan Allen similarly, I believe. We would need to elevate Shane Day to OC, most likely, for these changes to happen.

I don't know, just my scattered-brain thoughts.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Look , if the coaches think Salyer can handle LT, who would be there.

To say "I think he can handle it" based on nothing you saw and a whim,. ... that's just blind wishing.

I'll trust the coaches on this.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Yeah, it's blind wishing and gut-feeling based what I've seen of Salyer on tape from college.

But in terms of trusting the coaching staff on personnel decisions up to this point, not sure how I feel about that considering they trotted out Storm Norton at LT during the Jags game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
              Yeah, it's blind wishing and gut-feeling based what I've seen of Salyer on tape from college.

But in terms of trusting the coaching staff on personnel decisions up to this point, not sure how I feel about that considering they trotted out Storm Norton at LT during the Jags game.
              I get it, but that was college. College isnt the NFL. I like his prospects too but it may not be at OT. ill let the coaches decide. He may need time to play OT here or they like him at OG.

Comment

• DennisR91
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

y’a that would be nice a pleasant surprise if Norton somehow became all pro left tackle overnight and that would be very convenient and easy !!!

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Look , if the coaches think Salyer can handle LT, who would be there.

To say "I think he can handle it" based on nothing you saw and a whim,. ... that's just blind wishing.

I'll trust the coaches on this.
                  Staley just announced that Salyer will play LT against the Texans.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley just announced that Salyer will play LT against the Texans.
                    Cool, look forward to seeing how he does. Can't be worse than Storm has been.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get it, but that was college. College isnt the NFL. I like his prospects too but it may not be at OT. ill let the coaches decide. He may need time to play OT here or they like him at OG.
                      Kid looks like he's tough as nails. Sometimes Grey matter matters!
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Kid looks like he's tough as nails. Sometimes Grey matter matters!
                        I like the move letting Slayer play LT. Tough task for him going to LT as a rookie but hopefully he shines and is durable. It would be awesome having two rookies playing well on our OL going forward along with a young Slator going into next season.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Is he better on the left ?
                          My first idea was to put Pipskin at LT and Salyer at RT.

Comment

Working...
                          X