First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFboltfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm saying what Kyle Shanahan said about his team when asked by media what the biggest difference was from last year to the next losing record and then playoffs. And Kyle said having Nick Bosa back. No magic recipe why 49ers are good. John Lynch. Kyle is a great play caller. But he ain't the reason they are this good. That roster is way better up front in the trenches. It's not even close. JH10 does not get the protection or playmakers that Brock has. It's so obvious.

I'm saying you can fire Staley and blame him for all of it. But if you keep building rosters that are avg to weak up front at line of scrimmage and suck at drafts like Telesco. The next HC, his 4th will get scapegoat too.

If you want to build a superbowl winner, then build a better roster. If they hire Harbaugh, then should give him GM title too and tell Johnny he has no say in personnel decisions.

It's also why I would just make Staley GM/HC if you can't get Harbaugh. The best two LOS players of the entire Telesco era arrived with Staley.
    You had me up until this point... What makes you think Staley can be a GM? It takes a little more than choosing draft picks. Its honestly a ridiculous notion... But you are right Staley AND Telesco need to go. Fire them all!

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The only way to get off the carousel is hire the right guy. They haven’t done that. Other teams spend cycles trying to find a franchise qb. We get lucky in that regard but unlucky with coaches
    We do get lucky with franchise QB. But can't seem to build a OL and running attack so he can do the most damage. Rivers and Herbert have to play with opponents in their lap too often.

And then build a D. To win championships.

The only thing Chargers have been known for ........over decades. Passing Yards!!!. Light up the League!!!

Not OLine.Not Defense.Not physical football.Not specialTeam.

Just passing Yards!!!! And falling to win close games.
    Well duh. Incomplete team going frustrate fans.

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

So you're basically saying Staley is not a good enough coach and needs the best OL and DL in the NFL... But you want to advocate in keeping him anyway just because you don't want to see a change? That's like saying you're going to walk around with shit in your pants and not change because you don't want another pair of dirty underwear... WTF MAN?
    I'm saying what Kyle Shanahan said about his team when asked by media what the biggest difference was from last year to the next losing record and then playoffs. And Kyle said having Nick Bosa back. No magic recipe why 49ers are good. John Lynch. Kyle is a great play caller. But he ain't the reason they are this good. That roster is way better up front in the trenches. It's not even close. JH10 does not get the protection or playmakers that Brock has. It's so obvious.

I'm saying you can fire Staley and blame him for all of it. But if you keep building rosters that are avg to weak up front at line of scrimmage and suck at drafts like Telesco. The next HC, his 4th will get scapegoat too.

If you want to build a superbowl winner, then build a better roster. If they hire Harbaugh, then should give him GM title too and tell Johnny he has no say in personnel decisions.

It's also why I would just make Staley GM/HC if you can't get Harbaugh. The best two LOS players of the entire Telesco era arrived with Staley.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of Harbaugh chatter on these forums again and I think you guys are just setting yourself up for heartache.

It's fun to dream but IMO there's still a decent chance THAT STALEY RETURNS for year 4 a la McCoy and Lynn.

It would be a totally Chargers thing to do, too.

Best case/realistic for us would be Dan Quinn. It will likely though come down to a coordinator we've barely heard of.
    Been a chargers fan truly since around 1978
    I mean I watched them before that but didn't really start to pay attention until Coryell came to town with Jefferson
    So heartache and Chargers fan go hand in hand
    Just have to hope one day Deano has an epiphany and figures out that what they have been doing, isn't working - so have to hope for the best

And when Bobby Slowik or Ben Johnson or Mike McDonald or maybe Frank Smith are hired along with a GM who is not on anybody's radar nobody has heard it - we can all say "same old sorry ass spanii"

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    I'm seeing a lot of Harbaugh chatter on these forums again and I think you guys are just setting yourself up for heartache.

It's fun to dream but IMO there's still a decent chance THAT STALEY RETURNS for year 4 a la McCoy and Lynn.

It would be a totally Chargers thing to do, too.

Best case/realistic for us would be Dan Quinn. It will likely though come down to a coordinator we've barely heard of.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I just dont want McDaniels on this team even w/ Hoodie. McDaniels is not a very well liked person. The week before he gt fired in Vegas, they held a team meeting to air things out and one player told him, ....he couldnt stand to see his face lol. Dont know who that player was.
    when I mentioned staff earlier -- it was as much guys like Bill OBrien, Josh and Joe Judge as it was his two sons

Josh is a very good OC but like you said - he comes across as a jerk

I do think that if Hoodie came west - he might be reinvigorated - willing to have a GM and just coach football - well my hope would be that
    as if he was just the coach with some personnel involvement, the team would be better

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good point - Harbaugh or Hoodie would be good
    and lets face it - Hoodie would be a positive for Herbert. He would coach him up.... I think a different offense than Brady but he would maximize his skillset
    I just dont want McDaniels on this team even w/ Hoodie. McDaniels is not a very well liked person. The week before he gt fired in Vegas, they held a team meeting to air things out and one player told him, ....he couldnt stand to see his face lol. Dont know who that player was.
    Players went to Mark Davis to express their frustrations with McDoodie.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

5 games within a 3pt sneeze, he would win 4 of them and we're 9-4 instead of 5-8.
    good point -the fundamentals of the team would improve. maybe not the talent but the talent would be maximized... so often the talent underperforms
    Harbaugh or Hoodie would be good
    and lets face it - Hoodie would be a positive for Herbert. He would coach him up.... I think a different offense than Brady but he would maximize his skillset

Leave a comment:

• dmac_bolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My concern with Hoodie is the GM aspect I get his record without Brady is not good - either in Cleveland or NE. But I think Herbert is a pretty good option to build around.

The thing that is concerning for Hoodie though is that GM aspect. He has been terrible. Now, if he brought in a Pioli or Dmitroff - a true GM that might push back on him - that would be solid

Harbaugh, Hoodie, and a guy like Vrabel all would be about toughness, physicality and improving players. They may not scheme you do death but just more fundamentally sound football.

Not saying the Chargers can flip from 5-12 to 12-5. But many of the games are close - better coaching might win two or three of those games.
    5 games within a 3pt sneeze, he would win 4 of them and we're 9-4 instead of 5-8.

Leave a comment:

• Duck of Death
    replied
    Has everyone forgotten how he earned the nickname “Belicheat”? Think about all those close games the Chargers have lost over the years. Heck, I think they might even lead the league in “almost wins”. Now imagine a little edge given here & there, a few (or lots) tuck rule like ref favors, a few stolen radio signals & playbooks, maybe some secret videos, etc & voila, you turn those “almost wins” into a legendary dynasty. Ok, I’m on board. It’s all just entertainment anyways, right?

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    No Chance imo that we hire BB.

However, yes his teams havent been that good since Tommy left but his QBs have been shit. His defenses are good which is something we havent had in a while now ......and we have a good QB so....

That said, i dont see him coming here. But i wouldnt be against it. Still rather have JH.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't know about this...the only thing we have going for us right now is a QB...our oline outright stinks and we need at least three new and better oline players with depth. I do think we have more pieces than New england at the moment but belicheck over saw most of that fiasco for the last 3 years.
    My concern with Hoodie is the GM aspect I get his record without Brady is not good - either in Cleveland or NE. But I think Herbert is a pretty good option to build around.

The thing that is concerning for Hoodie though is that GM aspect. He has been terrible. Now, if he brought in a Pioli or Dmitroff - a true GM that might push back on him - that would be solid

Harbaugh, Hoodie, and a guy like Vrabel all would be about toughness, physicality and improving players. They may not scheme you do death but just more fundamentally sound football.

Not saying the Chargers can flip from 5-12 to 12-5. But many of the games are close - better coaching might win two or three of those games.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X