• Boltgang74
    replied
    Great video with solid insight.

https://youtu.be/YExpuH38lgA?si=ezpoatIqZpDEJ5v0

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    My guy feeling is that Staley returns for year 4.

Basically imagine the worst possible decision that could be made...and that's what this team will do. For everything.
    This is your negative side making this statement lol.
    Even I don't think Staley will be here. I don't think Telesco should be either but we'll see if team Spanos is listening to pretty much EVERYBODY talking bout their team and the bad coach they hired and front office problems.

If they keep Telesco it shows they don't want to win.

Leave a comment:

• NOrvMeNow
    replied

Don't worry I think you will get your wish.

I'm 90% sure Staley returns.
    Critty will be lonely here next year.

I'll drop by late next season with an irritating told you so attitude.

Leave a comment:

• jamrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Critty View Post

I don't view it that way.
    They have been inconsistent. I don't like that.
    But they have had games and stretches where they have played very well. Staley didn't accidentally coach the #1D with Rams. Staley didn't accidentally have some game plans slow down some very good offense. I watch it happen last year and this year. So I'm not as down as many fans are.
    I feel like this year, all but 1 of the close games was the offense that didn't close games when they had the chance.
    The defense is still not champion level.....and needs to be both with personnel and performance, but my overall assessment is if the offense performance was better then they would have beat Cowboys, Packers, Ravens, Broncos, Dolphins.
    And would be 10-3 and #1 in AFC. But the offense failed to close vs Dolphins. In my view. I know defense didn't have the best day. But JH10 and offense had the ball down 2pts with the opportunity to walk it off. And isn't that what ballers say. Just want the opportunity. They didn't get it done. And then vs Packers, Cowboys, Ravens, Broncos. The defense did enough those days to give the offense plenty of chances to win the game. Offense struggled to score. Injury has slowed them down some. But it's no excuses and Staley is clearly on the hot seat with most fans and media.

I'm.just more patient. Feels like throwing out Baby Staley with the bathwater. There's been a lot of good accomplished in a short time. And I'd like to see them build on it. I don't take the low penalties and special teams for granted. I'm giving him credit for that. And I will give him a bounce back year and 4th year before I hit reset button. I'm on that limb all alone. I can handle the smoke. ​
    I have no doubt you can handle the smoke. In fact, I am questioning your intake of the smoke.

yes the offense failed at the end v Miami but the defense didn’t stop Miami when we took back the lead either. In fact, they didn’t stop them all day. Same with the Packers. Gave up that TD right after we scored. Same with Denver when the offense did finally show up the defense gave up an 8 minute TD drive to put it away. Same with Ravens when they needed a 3rd down stop Derwin let Flowers run right by him for a game sealing TD. We are a low ranking defense that looked good against putrid offenses like the Jets, Chicago and NE

Leave a comment:

• NOrvMeNow
    replied

But that goes against good HCs can win more games with same roster. If your roster is so horrible your back up QB cant win a single game just doing the good old game manager thing even with JC as HC then it's not a well constructed team.

I guess will never know what a good head coach would do with this roster, without Herbert.

We already know what a bad head coach can do with it, plus Herbert

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post

But he’s getting better every week!
    Not only that but every year Points Against Staley team have gone down. It's a nice cherry to pick.
    Year 1
    29th points against

Year 2
    21st points against

Year 3
    17th points against

They are slowly learning the Staley way.
    Year 4 ...???? Top 15 points against.

If Staley returns.
    This post is a bet to all fans who what it.
    I bet all y'all Chargers finish top 15 points against next year.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

Who's Notre Dame's right tackle?
    Actually Joe Alt, I think the LT for Notre Dame - just declared - a top 10 pick by many projections

His dad played in teh NFL - I think for the Chiefs

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Every fan that wants Staley fired wanted Lynn fired

And I asked this last time, are you sure firing the HC will fix things? Fans were sure....but only if it was the right HC. Then of course Spanos hire unproven guy again and fans can say I hope they got it right this time. But that kind of makes you always right. Until the HC wins you can default to the it wasn't a good enough HC, get a better one. Should have got the one I wanted. The veteran HC who did that.

Well come on down Belicheck or Harbaugh..
    Making the playoffs ain't going impressive me. Staley did that.
    Winning a game won't impress me. Lynn did that.
    I'm going need at least 2 playoff wins. And I'm going need them right way because the roster from what fans say is plenty good enough to win now.. so I want 2 playoffs wins in year 1 or your fired!!!!!
    Don't worry I think you will get your wish.

I'm 90% sure Staley returns.

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Every fan that wants Staley fired wanted Lynn fired

And I asked this last time, are you sure firing the HC will fix things? Fans were sure....but only if it was the right HC. Then of course Spanos hire unproven guy again and fans can say I hope they got it right this time. But that kind of makes you always right. Until the HC wins you can default to the it wasn't a good enough HC, get a better one. Should have got the one I wanted. The veteran HC who did that.

Well come on down Belicheck or Harbaugh..
    Making the playoffs ain't going impressive me. Staley did that.
    Winning a game won't impress me. Lynn did that.
    I'm going need at least 2 playoff wins. And I'm going need them right way because the roster from what fans say is plenty good enough to win now.. so I want 2 playoffs wins in year 1 or your fired!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

We could have Jesus himself as our HC and we still won't win another game this year - not without JH. . . . . . . . .
    But that goes against good HCs can win more games with same roster. If your roster is so horrible your back up QB cant win a single game just doing the good old game manager thing even with JC as HC then it's not a well constructed team.

Leave a comment:

• Boltinloudguy
    replied
    I’ve stated the 2 coaches that I would like to see as the next HC, either Jim Harbaugh or Frank Smith. Another coach that I would put in the hat is Eric Bieniemy. You can tell KC is a weaker offense now he is in DC. You can see the improvements he’s made in DC. Their record may not say so because their defense is terrible and their Oline is pretty weak. Sam Howell has played well under his first season as a starter.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And than in the draft -- Telesco will pick the worst possible player with the top 10 pick
    Who's Notre Dame's right tackle?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X