First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm willing to put money down that he will.
    I don't gamble, but if I did I'd put money down he won't. We'll find out in a month.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No he won't.
    I'm willing to put money down that he will.

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Which is why Staley will be back for year 4, the last year of his contract.
    No he won't.

Leave a comment:

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by jubei View Post

ouch what he said at the end there regarding maybe all they wanna do is count money and not care about winning...something along that line. but this ownership is dumber than a box of rocks and wont realize that a winning team brings in more money with ticket sales, merch, prime-time games, etc. they'll be happy just living on interest basically.
    Which is why Staley will be back for year 4, the last year of his contract.

Leave a comment:

• jubei
    replied
    Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post
    https://youtu.be/d9RqjVqCyt0?si=bLaWxStIhAYGf0hQ

4:05

Mike Florio is right and why we are screwed with Spanos...

"All 32 teams win the Superbowl every year".​
    ouch what he said at the end there regarding maybe all they wanna do is count money and not care about winning...something along that line. but this ownership is dumber than a box of rocks and wont realize that a winning team brings in more money with ticket sales, merch, prime-time games, etc. they'll be happy just living on interest basically.

Leave a comment:

• jubei
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I have no doubt you can handle the smoke. In fact, I am questioning your intake of the smoke.

yes the offense failed at the end v Miami but the defense didn’t stop Miami when we took back the lead either. In fact, they didn’t stop them all day. Same with the Packers. Gave up that TD right after we scored. Same with Denver when the offense did finally show up the defense gave up an 8 minute TD drive to put it away. Same with Ravens when they needed a 3rd down stop Derwin let Flowers run right by him for a game sealing TD. We are a low ranking defense that looked good against putrid offenses like the Jets, Chicago and NE
    right...one of the big reasons the D has lower points against is because of those putrid offenses they played against. not that big a deal. but when they go up against legit offenses they give up 32.

Leave a comment:

• AFboltfan
    replied

4:05

Mike Florio is right and why we are screwed with Spanos...

"All 32 teams win the Superbowl every year".​

Leave a comment:

• Critty
    replied
    Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I have no doubt you can handle the smoke. In fact, I am questioning your intake of the smoke.

yes the offense failed at the end v Miami but the defense didn’t stop Miami when we took back the lead either. In fact, they didn’t stop them all day. Same with the Packers. Gave up that TD right after we scored. Same with Denver when the offense did finally show up the defense gave up an 8 minute TD drive to put it away. Same with Ravens when they needed a 3rd down stop Derwin let Flowers run right by him for a game sealing TD. We are a low ranking defense that looked good against putrid offenses like the Jets, Chicago and NE
    There's no question. My takes get roasted like a bong load.
    But then....... Belicheat is all Brady ....... Aged well. Will firing Lynn actual fix anything... aged well..... Lamar as number 1 in that draft aged well....... I'm good with my takes.

Leave a comment:

• northerner
    replied
    Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    This bodes well for those worried about Harbaugh going to the Raiders. From a Q&A with Mark Davis done by The Athletic:

Do you think you’ll hire the GM or head coach first?

I believe the GM has to have some say in who the coaching staff is going to be. At this stage, it would probably be the GM first. I’m not making a commitment to that, but I think so. And I think there’s been a misconception on the last head coach and general manager and who had the authority. Lately, some articles have come out making it seem like the head coach had more authority on that, and that’s the furthest thing from the truth. The general manager had the final authority on all of it. Whether he accepted that authority or not is a different story, but it was very clear when they were hired where the buck stopped.
    ​
    I don't think an owner can get Jim Harbaugh by hiring a general manager first. Hopefully Davis is being a truthful about wanting to go that route.
    Mark Davis is not scared to throw money around to hire and/or fire someone, so that is an advantage for the raiders.

he wants to win - i give him credit for that (and I need to dock some point for the stupid haircut). he might stumble around doing it, but the guy loves his team and wants to win.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
    I’ve stated the 2 coaches that I would like to see as the next HC, either Jim Harbaugh or Frank Smith. Another coach that I would put in the hat is Eric Bieniemy. You can tell KC is a weaker offense now he is in DC. You can see the improvements he’s made in DC. Their record may not say so because their defense is terrible and their Oline is pretty weak. Sam Howell has played well under his first season as a starter.
    I think EB is a career OC but would welcome him in that role here.

Leave a comment:

• ChargersPowderBlue
    replied
    We could have Jesus himself as our HC and we still won't win another game this year - not without JH. . . . . . . . .
    Jesus Christ could perform miracles and do wonders for this organization/franchise, and people will still bitch and complain about stuff.
    ​

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Every fan that wants Staley fired wanted Lynn fired

And I asked this last time, are you sure firing the HC will fix things? Fans were sure....but only if it was the right HC. Then of course Spanos hire unproven guy again and fans can say I hope they got it right this time. But that kind of makes you always right. Until the HC wins you can default to the it wasn't a good enough HC, get a better one. Should have got the one I wanted. The veteran HC who did that.

Well come on down Belicheck or Harbaugh..
    Making the playoffs ain't going impressive me. Staley did that.
    Winning a game won't impress me. Lynn did that.
    I'm going need at least 2 playoff wins. And I'm going need them right way because the roster from what fans say is plenty good enough to win now.. so I want 2 playoffs wins in year 1 or your fired!!!!!
    Lets see if we can get one of those guys, Jim Harbaugh or Bill Belichick. Lets see if ownership hears people's cries.

Leave a comment:

• DerwinBosa
    replied
    This bodes well for those worried about Harbaugh going to the Raiders. From a Q&A with Mark Davis done by The Athletic:

Do you think you’ll hire the GM or head coach first?

I believe the GM has to have some say in who the coaching staff is going to be. At this stage, it would probably be the GM first. I’m not making a commitment to that, but I think so. And I think there’s been a misconception on the last head coach and general manager and who had the authority. Lately, some articles have come out making it seem like the head coach had more authority on that, and that’s the furthest thing from the truth. The general manager had the final authority on all of it. Whether he accepted that authority or not is a different story, but it was very clear when they were hired where the buck stopped.
    ​
    I don't think an owner can get Jim Harbaugh by hiring a general manager first. Hopefully Davis is being a truthful about wanting to go that route.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X