• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

From a Bleacher Report article in late 2014...
    It was a few weeks ago, after the Thanksgiving Day game, the one where the 49ers were manhandled by Seattle. I got Jim Harbaugh alone, for a few seconds, and asked about Michigan...

This takes some careful explaining, and some of it is nuanced, but based on interviews with several sources close to Harbaugh, his departure from the 49ers came down to three main things:
    1. His love of Michigan. Self-explanatory.
    2. The behavior of his players. Several 49ers players became national news for alleged crimes, some of them ugly. One source explained that Harbaugh came to believe the behavior problem among players in the NFL is "almost impossible to fix." I've also been told—but still have been unable to totally flesh it out—there was a great divide between Harbaugh and the front office on how to handle players in trouble with the law. Harbaugh believes that in college he'd have more control over those issues.
    3. He wanted total control.
    He loves Michigan
    Hates NFL players
    Wants total control

Let's completely ignore the fact that the Spanii would never hire him...
    Why would he leave his dream job to come work with/for a bunch of dick-wads...?​

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      From a Bleacher Report article in late 2014...
      It was a few weeks ago, after the Thanksgiving Day game, the one where the 49ers were manhandled by Seattle. I got Jim Harbaugh alone, for a few seconds, and asked about Michigan...

He loves Michigan
      Hates NFL players
      Wants total control

Let's completely ignore the fact that the Spanii would never hire him...
      Why would he leave his dream job to come work with/for a bunch of dick-wads...?​
      Good question, and idk.
      However, I read a rumor last year that he wanted the Chargers job and the day...or the next day when it was said Staley would return, that's when Harbaugh informed Michigan he would be returning.

The bigger question is....would Dean EVER open his pocketbook and pay a real estabIshed winning HC?

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Good question, and idk.
        However, I read a rumor last year that he wanted the Chargers job and the day...or the next day when it was said Staley would return, that's when Harbaugh informed Michigan he would be returning.

The bigger question is....would Dean EVER open his pocketbook and pay a real estabIshed winning HC?
        The fact that they went with Staley (when Harbaugh was RUMORED to want the job)... probably answers the question.
        How much do you think it would take to pry Harbaugh away from his dream job (and $7.3 million salary)...?
        Keep in mind, they fired 14-2 Marty when there was a control issue at hand...

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Good question, and idk.

If Harbaugh Wants to coach this team but SpAnus clan are cheap pussies that want total control then these owners are total losers.Honestly if I ever see solid evidence that this is the case and they refuse to bring in a solid winning coach,me personally I'm done with this SpAnus owned shit show.If these spineless idiot owners are afraid of hiring a Real coach then they do NOT actually care about winning and straight up Fuck Them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The fired sign stealer doing this, Connor Stallions just released a statement through his attorney echoing what Harbaugh said saying that Harbaugh had no knowledge that he was stealing signs and he was doing it on his own accord! If true NFL won't block Harbaugh from entering the league!
            This could mean that Harbaugh had cut-outs between the stealer and him for plausible deniability. The defensive coaching staff knew - thats who would call in the play changes at the last second from the sideline. So his coaching staff is doing shit and not telling him? Keep in mind, its not just one rogue sign-stealing assistant - its the entire defensive coaching staff that is in on this. I haven’t heard if the offensive coaches were also getting signs???

I don’t buy JH didn’t know but I also don’t think NFL brass should be able to penalize him for what he does at UM. It’s a gray zone weird rule. There is no proof he was involved and I am personally getting sick of pompous private oligarch officials taking it upon themselves to impose civil penalties on individuals without due process or civil rights as a PR ploy for personal image.

The rule is stupid. It’s ok to steal signs while you stare at them across from sidelines during a game. You can go and watch them while opponents play other games. But you can’t record it or something - it’s all a bunch of BS parsing made-up rule shit to begin with. There’s probably enough public tape to get a lot of the signs just applying some AI or other tool without taping anything.

———-

But back to the question - I’m not yet buying he didn’t know. If he really didnt, that is worse as it means his entire staff organization was running an off-books scheme under his nose without anyone telling him and without him ever knowing. He’s got a headset on, he knows the plays. so his story is that game after game, play after play is called, defense gets aligned, and at last second the coaches start shouting a play change before snap after some assistant calls out what the opponent offense is about to do and the defense quickly moves and adjusts and he never notices it and asks them “hey defense coach, why are you calling in last second play changes all of the time? How does Stallions know what they are going to run” - he never figures it out even after years of this? He never once noticed someone stealing a sign and quickly telling defensive coaches who then call a new play last second?

Now did he know the kid was buying tickets to future opponent games, and literally sending dudes to tape and then analyzing the tape and that is how he got the signs? Ok, maybe not. And maybe UM expense reports don’t have to go to him, they go to a different coach or admin person? Maybe he thinks it’s just scouting and not sign-taping trips?

I think he’s on the side of control freak, not some detached aloof figurehead - he probably knew.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

The fact that they went with Staley (when Harbaugh was RUMORED to want the job)... probably answers the question.
              How much do you think it would take to pry Harbaugh away from his dream job (and $7.3 million salary)...?
              Keep in mind, they fired 14-2 Marty when there was a control issue at hand...
              I think it just means they are cheap when it comes to coaches.

We could have Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Bellichick and Tom Landry all interested at once wanting to be the HC of this team and Spanos wouldn't hire any of them because they cost too much.
              That's just a sad fact and i am very frustrated with the front office.
              I'd like to see a new GM and HC if we miss the playoffs but I'm afraid of what we end up with.
              Even Alex Spanos finally got it. Dean never will.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

We could have Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Bellichick and Tom Landry all interested at once wanting to be the HC of this team and Spanos wouldn't hire any of them because they cost too much.
                I'd like to see a new GM and HC if we miss the playoffs but I'm afraid of what we end up with.
                A young up and coming GM and a young up and coming HC. Ben Johnson, Shane Waldron, Dave Canales... I could see Spanos being intrigued with Lincoln Riley but college coaches are so hard to gauge because recruiting is such a big deal. Riley has had good QBs...

(even though the data when hired by a Spanii, experience matters)

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Even Alex Spanos finally got it. Dean never will.
                  I have no idea what goes into selecting a HC in the organization.
                  Could it be that they are too cheap...? Absolutely!
                  Could it be that they are looking for young/ahead-of-the-curve coaches...? Sure!

There are plenty of young/innovative coaches that have succeeded.
                  There are plenty of older/experienced coaches that have not succeeded recently.

Given the talent and current contracts, they have gone "All-In". If they miss the playoffs, I suspect both HC and GM are gone.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

I have no idea what goes into selecting a HC in the organization.
                    Could it be that they are too cheap...? Absolutely!
                    Could it be that they are looking for young/ahead-of-the-curve coaches...? Sure!

There are plenty of young/innovative coaches that have succeeded.
                    There are plenty of older/experienced coaches that have not succeeded recently.

Given the talent and current contracts, they have gone "All-In". If they miss the playoffs, I suspect both HC and GM are gone.
                    Yes young innovative coaches have succeeded. The Chargers just can’t identify them.

yes older/experienced coaches have failed but you hedge your bet by choosing an older/experienced coach whose experience includes previous success as a HC. Those guys seem to continue to succeed. That’s why people talk about Harbaugh so much

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

A young up and coming GM and a young up and coming HC. Ben Johnson, Shane Waldron, Dave Canales... I could see Spanos being intrigued with Lincoln Riley but college coaches are so hard to gauge because recruiting is such a big deal. Riley has had good QBs...

(even though the data when hired by a Spanii, experience matters)
                      That would be crap. Been watching that show for 11 years. I dont want any of those guys.
                      I might take a big step back from the team if they did that in my quest to try and be done with the franchise with this ownership. Lincoln Riley would really piss me off.

Telesco has to be let go first. Ben Johnson has done nothing in Detroit. Their GM has just drafted well and Campbell turns out is a good HC. Telesco has not drafted well enough. He has been ok lately but needs to be better.
                      JohnBoy has a role in there somewhere, just not sure where, but he needs to step back as well and let the next GM decide who to hire. We dont need JohnBoys lack of football knowledge fingerprints all over this team.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

That would be crap. Been watching that show for 11 years. I dont want any of those guys.
                        I might take a big step back from the team if they did that in my quest to try and be done with the franchise with this ownership. Lincoln Riley would really piss me off.
                        Agree. Don’t know how any of those guys would energize the fan base or the team. Riley doesn’t belong on any list. SC’s defense is horrible and has been that way.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes young innovative coaches have succeeded. The Chargers just can’t identify them.

yes older/experienced coaches have failed but you hedge your bet by choosing an older/experienced coach whose experience includes previous success as a HC. Those guys seem to continue to succeed. That’s why people talk about Harbaugh so much
                          Agree, it shouldnt be hard to find and hire a vet HC who has won in the league. They just have to pay them....and shit can Telesco for a GM who is a little more aggressive and better at finding talent.

Comment

Working...
                          X