• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft told Myers a story of confronting Bill Belichick about taping the New York Jets' signals when the controversy arose.

"How much did this help us on a scale of 1 to 100?" Kraft asked Belichick in an excerpt from the Boston Globe.

"One," Belichick responded.
    ​
    "Then you're a real schmuck," Kraft said he told Belichick.

Kraft went on to say that taping signals was widely known around the league. Then-Jets coach Herm Edwards and assistant Donnie Henderson once waved at the cameras in 2004.
    ​
    "How much do you think that helped us?" Kraft asked. "How much of a surprise was it to (Jets coach Eric) Mangini and (general manager Mike) Tannenbaum?

"You know how many teams steal signals? That's bupkis . . . We kicked (the Jets) off our roof (in 2006)."

After the Jets reported the Patriots in Week 1 of 2007, New England went 17-1 the rest of that season. The Patriots won three Super Bowls, and played in six Super Bowls and nine AFC Championship Games, between 2007 and 2019. Considering they did all of that AFTER they stopped taping signals, I don't think that type of cheating creates much of an advantage, if any at all.
    ​
    Ah, but the epic fallacy of this conclusion is that the Cheatriots' cheating scandals are limited exclusively to Spygate...there were OTHER examples of cheating by the Cheatriots, many of them between 2007-2019. Also, if Belicheat said the cheating was worth only a "one" on a scale of 10, would u believe him? The same Belicheat that got personally fined a half a mil $$$ for cheating?

Last edited by Topcat; 10-30-2023, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2023
      • Send PM

Who cares about the toothless Jets, filming the Rams practice during Super Bowl week was a hell of a lot more than a 1.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Halaby -- good name for GM because he works for the Eagles and Roseman.

HC - under the Spanii, experienced head coaches do better than first time head coaches. This is not "feelings" - the data proves it. Norv, Ross, Marty, even if you include Riley and Henning have done better than Saunders, Gilbride, McCoy, Lynn and now Staley. Garrett, Quinn, Lewis, Caldwell

Why would the Chargers trade a top 10 pick for Pickens - you can draft one.
        I agree with your HC assessment. Other than Harbaugh, who is an experienced successful offensive minded HC they could bring in?

As far as Pickens… I would be willing to trade a top 10 pick for a WR that is young, cheap and has proven he can play at a high level with very questionable QB play thus far in his career.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I agree with your HC assessment. Other than Harbaugh, who is an experienced successful offensive minded HC they could bring in?

As far as Pickens… I would be willing to trade a top 10 pick for a WR that is young, cheap and has proven he can play at a high level with very questionable QB play thus far in his career.
          If the Chargers finish with a top 10 pick - they will need to rebuild and solidfy the DLine for sure and the defense. They can use that top 10 pick possibly - with a new GM - to trade back, get more picks - or get a unique talent

As for coaches - the names I mentioned: Quinn, Morris, Schwartz, Lewis, Caldwell, Garrett. Of that list, I probably go Quinn or Garrett - though the work Lewis did in Cincy and Caldwell in Detroit was really good.

Chargers though - probably go a young guy

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers finish with a top 10 pick - they will need to rebuild and solidfy the DLine for sure and the defense. They can use that top 10 pick possibly - with a new GM - to trade back, get more picks - or get a unique talent

As for coaches - the names I mentioned: Quinn, Morris, Schwartz, Lewis, Caldwell, Garrett. Of that list, I probably go Quinn or Garrett - though the work Lewis did in Cincy and Caldwell in Detroit was really good.

Chargers though - probably go a young guy
            I do not disagree with you on rebuilding the Dline. Trading back if they are in the top 10 makes sense to me as well. That’s why I would love Halaby. Being under Roseman and how he manipulates picks with players is genius. And Halaby has been in Philly for 16 years.

I would hate to see them go another defensive minded coach. They need an offensive minded coach to grow with Herbert and the scheme doesn’t keep changing.

I feel like Caldwell, Lewis and Garett are all to passive as HCs for me. And all 3 of them have been out of coaching for a few years as well.

I know Caldwell is a senior offensive assistant for Carolina. That doesn’t inspire me too much considering their 1-6 record.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

22-19 regular season record.
              Two and half years into this young coaches career.
              Hate all you want.
              Facts show a winner overall so far.
              Get off the bandwagon. Go on. Get.
              I'll ride with this HC all year.
              I can handle the smoke.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• REH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                22-19 regular season record.
                Two and half years into this young coaches career.
                Hate all you want.
                Facts show a winner overall so far.
                Get off the bandwagon. Go on. Get.
                I'll ride with this HC all year.
                I can handle the smoke.
                He has talent and a franchise QB and his record is 22-19? Blew a 27 point lead in a playoff game and his players don't respect him with the game on the line.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by REH View Post

He has talent and a franchise QB and his record is 22-19? Blew a 27 point lead in a playoff game and his players don't respect him with the game on the line.
                  Remind me again...
                  Who in the AFC has won the SB recently besides Mahomes, Brady or Manning in past decade?
                  ​​​​​​There are plenty of other teams with other coaches. Yet in the QB driven league the best of the best show up. Look how Brady goes to Tampa and wins the SB. And Belicheck is just another HC who cannot win enough without a 1st ballot hall of fame QB.

You can fired all the coaches every year. If Herbert is that dude, he will win the SB. I'm watching and hoping he does.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Eurobolt
                    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Another great win with sub 0.500 team. Who was just off 13? straight losses.

Please do not get carried away by this xD

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ah, but the epic fallacy of this conclusion is that the Cheatriots' cheating scandals are NOT limited exclusively to Spygate...there were OTHER examples of cheating by the Cheatriots, many of them between 2007-2019. Also, if Belicheat said the cheating was worth only a "one" on a scale of 10, would u believe him? The same Belicheat that got personally fined a half a mil $$$ for cheating?

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...b1fnns9grat5mk
                      Not buying it any more than I would if someone tried to make the case that Jerry Rice was only great because he used stickum.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

RESET NOW. Fire Staley

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                          Another great win with sub 0.500 team. Who was just off 13? straight losses.

Please do not get carried away by this xD
                          They beat the Raiders just last week. But sure it would be nice to beat a team with a winning record.

Comment

Working...
                          X