First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boltx
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Didn't he say something like "you had it better these years than you understand and it will only get worse"

or
    "be careful what you wish for"
    Wow I totally forgot about this, but it rings a bell.

Dude put a hex on us.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You remember what Norv said in his press conference before his firing? I'm convinced Norv cursed this team the same way Bobby Layne cursed the Lions. Norv was the last coach to lead this franchise the closest to a SB. The disrespect he gets is unbecoming.
    Didn't he say something like "you had it better these years than you understand and it will only get worse"

or
    "be careful what you wish for"

Leave a comment:

• ChargersPowderBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

That is very misleading. I HATED the Norv hire. He was given the keys to a 14-2 team that had the most talent in the NFL at that time, and he led them towards mediocrity and under achievement...other than ONE playoff run.
    You remember what Norv said in his press conference before his firing? I'm convinced Norv cursed this team the same way Bobby Layne cursed the Lions. Norv was the last coach to lead this franchise the closest to a SB. The disrespect he gets is unbecoming.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

Sorry it is well documented all over the league in the modern NFL offensive head coaches are getting the most out of franchise QBs and having the most success.

Mahomes doesn't have to worry about good coaching or OCs coming and going, nothing but stability
    I would take Mike Vrabel or Todd Bowles at this point over guys like McCoy, Lynn, Kingsbury, McDaniels, Hackett, Nagy

I am not against an Offensive minded HC - I wanted Payton last year and want Harbaugh this year. But again, I am not limiting to one side of the ball

Leave a comment:

• Formula 21
    replied
    Originally posted by captaind View Post
    Bienemy is my prediction.

Not preference, but prediction.
    The players don’t like him because he’s too demanding. Sounds like my kind of coach.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied

Are you hiring an offensive coordinator or a head coach?

The smart thing is to hire the best person who will be HEAD coach who in turn hires a very good staff and can create the best team.
    Sorry it is well documented all over the league in the modern NFL offensive head coaches are getting the most out of franchise QBs and having the most success.

Mahomes doesn't have to worry about good coaching or OCs coming and going, nothing but stability

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderBill View Post

Harbaugh, Steichen would be great candidates. With Harbaugh they would have to back up the money truck and give him near total control. Do it or screw the Chargers to perpetuity
    Steichen has a job with the Colts

Harbaugh would be worth the 15m per year - let him hire his GM.

If Dan Quinn were to the be the coach - Will McClay would be the GM candidate to bring along with him. Al Harris as his DC.

Leave a comment:

• PowderBill
    replied

My guess, and I am not a fan of Norval Eugene, the last three years - with everything the same as what Staley had - the Chargers would have had a better record with Norval Eugene than Brandon Staley
    And I am not a Norv fan -

And for the record - my top choice is Harbaugh, followed by Harbaugh, followed by Harbaugh

Quinn and Hoodie are also up there. And if the Titans want to move on from Vrabel he would be right up there with Harbaugh
    Harbaugh, Steichen would be great candidates. With Harbaugh they would have to back up the money truck and give him near total control. Do it or screw the Chargers to perpetuity

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

That is very misleading. I HATED the Norv hire. He was given the keys to a 14-2 team that had the most talent in the NFL at that time, and he led them towards mediocrity and under achievement...other than ONE playoff run.
    My guess, and I am not a fan of Norval Eugene, the last three years - with everything the same as what Staley had - the Chargers would have had a better record with Norval Eugene than Brandon Staley
    And I am not a Norv fan -

And for the record - my top choice is Harbaugh, followed by Harbaugh, followed by Harbaugh

Quinn and Hoodie are also up there. And if the Titans want to move on from Vrabel he would be right up there with Harbaugh

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

NO defensive head coach hire. Period.

You have 262 million invested in Justin Herbert. FFS do the smart thing.
    Are you hiring an offensive coordinator or a head coach?

The smart thing is to hire the best person who will be HEAD coach who in turn hires a very good staff and can create the best team.

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied

Have you looked at Norval Eugene's record as coach of the Chargers? He was 59-43

Thats not that bad. And just for context - I only am suggesting I prefer Garrett to those first timer names. And Garrett did have a very good record, winning % (85-67 overall) , similar to Norv and he worked for Jerry Jones. That said, Garrrett is far down the list

Harbaugh, Hoodie and Quinn are my top 3
    Bisaccia and Bieniemy are next tier

Leave a comment:

• CanadianBoltFan
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderBill View Post

Spaghetti was an absolute disaster as a HC
    NO defensive head coach hire. Period.

You have 262 million invested in Justin Herbert. FFS do the smart thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X