• Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

I will bet neither Jones nor Ingram are signed by LAC.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Sometimes we get so hung up on metrics and forget it’s a game that creates mismatches unexpected.

signed - Mike X Williams

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Let Mike be 2021 LAC Mike. It's nice that Lombardi likes & has a plan for him but it's how he relates to Herbert that matters. This O has a lot going on.
          At least there are OTAs and Staley is ahead of the curve at getting the most out of their time under current rules compared to other teams.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

M. Williams and K. Allen could be the next W. Chandler and C. Joiner of the Chargers.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

MFloyd80 and VJax...

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

I like our WR corps... we have 4 outstanding WRs in MW, KA TJ and JG

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  I like our WR corps... we have 4 outstanding WRs in MW, KA TJ and JG
                  KA is a top candidate for best route runner in the NFL. He's always open. MW is Lombardi's pick for the X WR. Cook is a top receiving TE. Ekeler is a top receiving RB. Palmer was a 3rd, he's in. That's where most throws will go. T-Billy & Guyton stretch the field. We keep 1 for sure.
                  That's 4 WR of the 5 - 6 we'll keep. The rest ain't too shabby. They have a shot with a new O and coaches but there aren't many slots to fill. I like that they're running 2 practice fields & all get more reps. This will be a solid receiving group.
                  Good thing with a great young QB & a quality OL.
                  We will be competitive.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    M. Williams and K. Allen could be the next W. Chandler and C. Joiner of the Chargers.
                    All 4 of those WR's are at least very good when healthy, but all are very different types of receivers....MW and KA are much larger but not near as fast as Chandler or joiner.....

Joiner was a clutch speed merchant(early in his long career) and great route runner, HOF WR..... Chandler was a clutch career pro-bowler with great hands, smooth game breaking quickness and speed, who would have likely been a HOFer if he had a longer career.....

MW is great at times but he is inconsistent and not healthy often enough and lacks game breaking speed, so he is not a future HOFer.... and likely gone after this season..... (if MW were replaced by Julio Jones or Tyreek Hill then the comparisons would be closer)...

KA is a great possession type route runner(like Joiner late in his career..though Joiner could still get open for 40-50 yard bombs) and is a great match up with Herbert's cannon arm..... if he plays long enough and well enough, he might eventually be in HOF consideration.....

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Agree that Chandler/Joiner different than Allen/Williams in terms of abilities and styles. But they can be a great tandem, like Charlie and Wes were. Joiner and Chandler are two of my all time favorite Chargers. Joiner, in particular, playing with the single bar face mask, putting on clinics with his routes and being the go to, chain moving WR. Every now and then he would remind you he could get deep, too. Joiner would have absolutely dominated today’s NFL. Wes was one the most graceful players I have ever seen. He floated, he didn’t run. And he was really fast off the line with initial quickness and extremely fast in straight line speed too. So rare. As bad as I felt when JJ was stupidly traded, I felt equally as happy when we got Wes.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        This right here is triggering a lot of Charger fans who are emotionally and spiritually invested in MW failing. If this does indeed happen (MW putting up big number) we may have to talk a lot of fans off the ledge who are going to have a bottle in one hand, a gun in the other and they are about to make a decision.

Its sad that many here will not enjoy MW having a big year.

Remember a big year from MW can only help the team and is not a personal affront or insult to you fans that are invested in his failure.

This post is not aimed at you Xenos

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

i couldnt call myself a diehard fan if i didnt want every member of the 53 to have career season

Comment

Working...
                          X