Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Who cares about Thibodeaux? His chances of landing on the Chargers are exactly zero percent.
    Not true.

signed, Derwin James
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm a Ducks fan and I'm just not that high on Thibodeaux. He's good but there are many plays where he has no influence. I consider him more a middle of the first round pick as opposed to the top of the first round.
      Roo, I was rewatching the 1985 Bears and John Robinson's Rams NFC Championship game last night and John Madden + Pat Summerall were calling the game, and Madden told the story of he and John Robinson were best pals since grammar school in Daly City, CA.

He said we were both a couple of doofuses from Daly City, who would show up wherever there was food. Robinson said about Madden: "Smart as hell." THEN, they both went to Oregon together. Better days, my friend. Better days.

This is my 22nd year on this board, with a gap in Telesco's prime years of futility as I had a job that demanded my attention 100% of the time, want you to know I'm thinking about you.

Peace.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Brock Bowers N.M.W.
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

So I am just now scratching the surface of prospect evaluation...got a ton of work to do. I won't put out detailed analysis...not as good at that as some on here...but I'll drop suggestions, observations, and little nuggets about prospects that I fancy.

First one is Kenyon Green. Now, I know we may well be in a position, value and need wise, at 17, to add a very good defender, be it DE, DT, CB....but Kenyon Green is exactly the kinda player I want to add to our offensive line. Now, my question to you draftniks...I have watched highlights and only one full game so far...but am I wrong in thinking this kid is a viable option at RT? Because depending on free agency, and the way the board falls...if this kid is still there at 17, and we think he can play RT...and I do so far, by the way....I call that a nice pick. Your fall back plan, if he doesn't thrive at RT, is to kick him inside, and you have a potential all pro OG...I think it's a helluva safe pick.

In short, for anybody who wants to weigh in...is this kid a potential RT?
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we’re keeping Roberts, we’ll probably only have room for one more receiver.
          I am 100% opposed to us keeping only 5 WRs, especially if one of the WRs is a special teams only player. Over the years, we have routinely kept 6 WRs. It was Staley that unnecessarily decided to go with 5 even though one was a ST only player (who was terrible at STs in addition to being a terrible WR).

The need for multiple speedy deep receiving threats to complement Allen, Palmer and Williams was beyond obvious even before we stupidly cut Johnson in the "laugh is on us" decision of the season in which we both screwed the explosiveness of our own offense and set in motion a series of events that ultimately resulted in Johnson emerging as a key factor in why we lost to Las Vegas and are not in the playoffs right now.

We need two additional speedy WRs in addition to Guyton to have the proper depth at the position for all of the WR necessary WR roles.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Yuba View Post

I am 100% opposed to us keeping only 5 WRs, especially if one of the WRs is a special teams only player. Over the years, we have routinely kept 6 WRs. It was Staley that unnecessarily decided to go with 5 even though one was a ST only player (who was terrible at STs in addition to being a terrible WR).

The need for multiple speedy deep receiving threats to complement Allen, Palmer and Williams was beyond obvious even before we stupidly cut Johnson in the "laugh is on us" decision of the season in which we both screwed the explosiveness of our own offense and set in motion a series of events that ultimately resulted in Johnson emerging as a key factor in why we lost to Las Vegas and are not in the playoffs right now.

We need two additional speedy WRs in addition to Guyton to have the proper depth at the position for all of the WR necessary WR roles.
            Yeah, Tyron Johnson - he with all of 2 catches for 16 yards in 2021 - was surely the "key factor" in why we lost to the Raiders and missed the playoffs. LMAO! You're too funny, Yuba.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I just want to draft him to have a fun name to say..
              "Thibodeaux"
              We have McKitty lol
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                So I am just now scratching the surface of prospect evaluation...got a ton of work to do. I won't put out detailed analysis...not as good at that as some on here...but I'll drop suggestions, observations, and little nuggets about prospects that I fancy.

First one is Kenyon Green. Now, I know we may well be in a position, value and need wise, at 17, to add a very good defender, be it DE, DT, CB....but Kenyon Green is exactly the kinda player I want to add to our offensive line. Now, my question to you draftniks...I have watched highlights and only one full game so far...but am I wrong in thinking this kid is a viable option at RT? Because depending on free agency, and the way the board falls...if this kid is still there at 17, and we think he can play RT...and I do so far, by the way....I call that a nice pick. Your fall back plan, if he doesn't thrive at RT, is to kick him inside, and you have a potential all pro OG...I think it's a helluva safe pick.

IMO, while there is some chance that Green can play RT in the NFL, he is more likely to be an OG, which makes him less valuable. If we go RT in round 1, with the players likely to still be on the board, my preference (at the moment anyway) would be for us to select Trevor Penning. He has natural size (6' 7") and great arm length (34.875"), is very strong, and is not slow, especially for his size. He seems to have some nastiness to his game as well in terms of finishing plays.

I do not exactly love the value of Penning at #17 overall, but IMO he is a very safe RT pick, who absolutely could play LT if Slater had to miss any games. I realize some have Penning rated as low as an early 3rd round prospect, but he seems more like a late first round prospect to me.

As I look at the players, barring a "how is this guy still on the board" Derwin James type situation, I do not see a great positional need plus value match for us at #17. I probably value DL players (NTs, 3-4 DEs) as much as anyone and we have an obvious need, but I think both DeMarvin Leal (a 3-4 DE for us in Staley's defense) and Jordan Davis are overvalued by some. I am not super excited about the first round CBs either.

On the other hand, while I am sure this is not where most on this forum would want us to go in light of the priority of our team needs, I kind of like Treylon Burks as a WR for us. I do want to see what he does at the combine, though. If he tests well, that will reinforce my view of him. For as good as he is, he seems like he is a little bit under the radar when the top WR prospects are being discussed.

That said, it is still early, and I am sure my thinking about some of the players will change leading up to the draft.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

At pick #17 the chargers will be in prime position to get BPA at a position of need, CB, DT, and OL. I didn’t put Edge up there because my hope is that they resign Nwosu, he earned his extension IMO.
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                    At pick #17 the chargers will be in prime position to get BPA at a position of need, CB, DT, and OL. I didn’t put Edge up there because my hope is that they resign Nwosu, he earned his extension IMO.
                    I 100% agree with the BPA at PON approach. The issue that I am seeing, however, is that the likely BPAs at #17 may not fit the PONs very well.

Who do you like as a CB, DT or OL that you believe will be there at #17 and that carries good value for that draft slot? Also, I think I would say that RT is a big need, but that RG could be filled through free agency such as by re-signing Aboushi.

And, of course, the other big issue is that we may have a chance to be a bigger player in free agency this season than we have been in other seasons, so some of our team needs may be filled through that process instead of through the draft.

Comment

• DennisR91
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2021
                      • Send PM

San jago is tape

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                        Who cares about Thibodeaux? His chances of landing on the Chargers are exactly zero percent.
                        In what round did we land Derwin James?
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Don't know. Here is what his head coach Jimbo Fisher had to say about him switching positions: he played both tackle & guard positions last season.

“He understands conceptually what's going on within the play, which allows him to move,” Fisher said. “You're not memorizing. When you memorize, it's hard man, and that's the way certain guys have to learn. Certain guys memorize their job and that's it. Other guys can understand the whole concept.

“I think Kenyon really understands conceptually what he has to do across the board based off what we do, and that allows him to be moved.”

Here he is playing LT against Alabama: the 4rth Q is your best bet for evaluating pass sets.
                          I don't take requests, so please do not ask, I will ignore them. Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DoABarrowRollPlease consider supporting me making ...
                          Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-15-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X