• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Kyler Sackwell--4 sacks and 33 tackles playing in the rotation, compared to Ingram's ZERO sacks and only 9 tackles...
    my son pointed out his name, made me google and laugh

thx cat

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I think this team is still shallow at Edge and Safety so I'd like to see them add someone at both of those positions. I'd be okay with Houston or Mel for a rotational player. Injuries at either of those positions could be a big problem as the team is made up right now.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

thx cat
        YW...just added Sackwell to the Bolt Nickname Thread...let's hope he lives up to his nickname...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I think this team is still shallow at Edge and Safety so I'd like to see them add someone at both of those positions. I'd be okay with Houston or Mel for a rotational player. Injuries at either of those positions could be a big problem as the team is made up right now.
          Houston, yes...Ingram, no...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

thx cat
            Chili, I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Chili Jr.: Hey Dad, do the Chargers really have a player named, uh, (giggle) Sackwell?
            Chili: What? No way! Where'd you see that?
            Chili Jr.: (points to computer, TPB page) Right here...
            Chili: No way...hmmm...it's Topcat...usually he's pretty reliable...Sackwell, Sackwell, sounds familiar...let's check Google...OH, here it is...FACKRELL!!! HA-HA...HO-HO-HO...wow, good one, Cat...

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

You were probably one of the guys that wanted to be rid of Rodney back in the day ........... and he made the pro-bowl 3 more times with the Pats. His problem wasn't ageing, his problem was injury and once he healed he was a heck of a good Safety again.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Style points (pressures) ? Sacks per snap?
                Joey was 26th in sacks, 2020. Simple fact.
                I like him, did not like our D. He's better than that.
                There were a lot of contributing factors but screw all that.
                It's 2021, it's Staley's D and I want opposing QBs on the ground, fumbles & picks. Eff a bunch of efficiency stats.
                Then you don't want Ingram.

Ingram has 49 sacks in 9 seasons and 108 QB hits in that time.

I think Bosa had over 30 QB hits in 1 season (109 in 5 seasons)....which as mentioned, means pressure whether he got the sack or not.

​​​​​​Mile's apart in production those 2.

Justin Houston's last two seasons at 31-32 years old he has 19 sacks and 30 QB hits. Not sure he even started in Indy last season.

I was a huge Houston supporter when he entered the draft. I wanted us to draft him in the first round.

​​​​​​​Still playing well but sure he isn't the same player,.....but still better than Mel.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You were probably one of the guys that wanted to be rid of Rodney back in the day ........... and he made the pro-bowl 3 more times with the Pats. His problem wasn't ageing, his problem was injury and once he healed he was a heck of a good Safety again.
                  It all boils down to ROI, dollars spent and performance. Last year, Ingram earned a total of $16.6 mil in his final year of a very generous $64 mil 4-year deal. Between injury (which I realize isn't his fault--unless showing up to camp overweight contributed to it), and his lackluster performance of ZERO sacks and ZERO TFL and only 9 total tackles in all the games Mel played, I just don't think we got our money's worth. Ingram's mini-holdout in TC last year no doubt also didn't endear him to TT & Co., after they just got over the ill-advised Gordon holdout the previous year. It was time to move on...

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Gordon was never as good as Rodney and plays a position more subjext to rapid physical decline.

I'm sure he'll sign somewhere toward the end of TC or early in the season. He probably doesn't want another TC anyway. I'd go up to $2.5M or so for him.

Comment

Even while playing injured, Ingram had a higher pressure rate and better PFF rating than Houston had.

Comment

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Then you don't want Ingram.

Ingram has 49 sacks in 9 seasons and 108 QB hits in that time.

I think Bosa had over 30 QB hits in 1 season (109 in 5 seasons)....which as mentioned, means pressure whether he got the sack or not.

​​​​​​Mile's apart in production those 2.

Justin Houston's last two seasons at 31-32 years old he has 19 sacks and 30 QB hits. Not sure he even started in Indy last season.

I was a huge Houston supporter when he entered the draft. I wanted us to draft him in the first round.

​​​​​​​Still playing well but sure he isn't the same player,.....but still better than Mel.

As I just noted in another post, Ingram actually had a higher rate of pressure than Houston and a better PFF rating.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post
                          5 pages and Supa Mel didn't actually resign just a predication by espn? This is a misleading thread.
                          The title does say maybe.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X