Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Mecole Hardmen has potential but is not Tyreek Hill. JSS (Juju Smith-Schuster) has regressed IMO. I don't think MVS (Marques Valdes-Scantling) is better than Jalen Guyton, Jalen Guyton is better than him.

They have aging veterans on defense in Chris Jones and Frank Clark who aren't getting any younger. Mcduffie is a good pick I admit, but he'll have his struggles.

Edwards-Helaire will still give KC fans a headache.
    Don't kid yourself;
    They have a boatload of draft picks coming up too. As long as they have Andy and Mahomes, they will be in the fight.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      Don't kid yourself;
      They have a boatload of draft picks coming up too. As long as they have Andy and Mahomes, they will be in the fight.
      How many of the draft picks will pan out? Most of the time players are a work in progress, unless a player proves himself to be an immediate impact. And will they even keep some of their draft picks?

I don't doubt Reid and Mahomes giving them a fighting chance. I will say that they have their puzzling moments too.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        In 2013 in the 2nd to last game that Carr and Adams played together at Fresno State, they lost to San Jose State (my alma mater) 62-52. Carr got panicky late in the game and started pressing it to Adams. An SJSU LB picked off Carr trying to hit Adams over the middle and that sealed the game. It was devastating for Fresno State. The loss knocked them out of BCS rankings and bowl contention. That is my memory of Carr and Adams together in college. And I think Carr has been a panicky QB in his NFL career. Remember what Bosa said about him after the first game victory last season - Carr "gets shook" if he starts feeling pressure. When the Raiders needed Carr to throw a TD pass in the closing moments of the playoff game in Cincy last season, Carr threw an INT. (Contrast that to how big Herbert came up in the 4th Q of the Week 18 game. Herbert absolutely, positively had to throw 2 TD passes and convert a two-pointer in order to keep the Chargers in the game - and he did just that.)

The Raiders made some off-season splashes by acquiring Adams and signing Chandler Jones. But McDaniels neglected the OL. They are depending on OT Alex Leatherwood, the Raiders' 2021 first round pick (the next OT off the board after Slater :shifty to play a major role on their OL this season. Leatherwood sucked as a rookie and he's sucking in the preseason. As Chargers fans, we are very aware of the pitfall of loading up with talent at the skill positions while neglecting the OL. If you can't protect the QB or open holes for the RB, it doesn't matter how good you are at QB/WR/RB/TE - the offense is going to struggle against defenses that dominate in the trenches. So I am not buying into the Raider hype, and I fully expect the Chargers' front four - with its new additions - to make life hell for Carr and the Raiders' offense Week 1.

What do you think?
        I thought I read Leathertub was demoted further down the depth chart. They had to stick him at OG last year after he failed at RT, i though I saw he was working with 3rd stringers recently in practice. Not sure. He is an epic horrible pick - TPB called it perfectly last year.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought I read Leathertub was demoted further down the depth chart. They had to stick him at OG last year after he failed at RT, i though I saw he was working with 3rd stringers recently in practice. Not sure. He is an epic horrible pick - TPB called it perfectly last year.
          The Raiders' official depth chart right now has him listed as the starting RT. This is their starting OL;

Kolton Miller
          John Simpson
          Andre James
          Lester Cotton Sr.
          Leatherwood

I'll admit I don't know much about any of these players. I do know that Miller is not on Slater's level and Andre James is not on Corey Linsley's level. So I'm going with an assumption that the Raiders' OL is going to be a weak point for their offense this season, and the Chargers have the players now to exploit that weakness. And, once again, if the OL is losing constantly in the trenches, it won't matter how good the skill positions are. Especially if you have a panicky QB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The Raiders' official depth chart right now has him listed as the starting RT. This is their starting OL;

Kolton Miller
            John Simpson
            Andre James
            Lester Cotton Sr.
            Leatherwood

I'll admit I don't know much about any of these players. I do know that Miller is not on Slater's level and Andre James is not on Corey Linsley's level. So I'm going with an assumption that the Raiders' OL is going to be a weak point for their offense this season, and the Chargers have the players now to exploit that weakness. And, once again, if the OL is losing constantly in the trenches, it won't matter how good the skill positions are. Especially if you have a panicky QB.
            Wow thats a weak OL. Miller is meh, Simpson is average. Gruden as ive said over and over again....i miss him there, he was a terrible personel guy. Farrell may be cut as well and im not sure how much Mayock had in say but i know he had some. The fact they kept Nathan Peterson as a backup QB tells a lot as well.

Gruden was best as an announcer.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

e7c56d41623f894093c12993c1b1b66b.jpeg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Good golly Gruden, Mayock.
                Now they traded Trayvon Mullen.
                CB. 2019. Round Two.
                For a Spam burrito.
                Huh huh huh huh .
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Sure its 6 failed or soon to fail first round picks, but it's only been three years in a row. Could be worse.

Mayock and Gruden hit big on 3-4 rounders like Renfrow and Crosby but just sucked air on most else. Not sure why they want to give up on Jacobs. He was hurt all last year and still played, right?

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

e7c56d41623f894093c12993c1b1b66b.jpeg
                    They seem to do much better just signing our castoffs.

Tillery is next.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

The Raiders really want to move on from Ferrell too. I think they are hoping to get something in a trade, if not they may cut him before the season starts.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Raiders taking their time announcing their 53... they interpret end of day as 4pm pt.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          Raiders taking their time announcing their 53... they interpret end of day as 4pm pt.
                          Well, they are still fielding calls from the Raiders to gauge interest on some keen intra-team trades.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X