• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I wonder if McDaniels is going to try to cheat yet again this season.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      I wonder if McDaniels is going to try to cheat yet again this season.
      Let me fix this for you, my brother.

I wonder how McDaniels is going to try to cheat yet again this season.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Broncos paying Wilson ... 5yr $245M extension, $165m guaranteed, locked in for 7 yrs

Rodgers has a bigger deal, $50m per year

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Broncos paying Wilson ... 5yr $245M extension, $165m guaranteed, locked in for 7 yrs

Rodgers has a bigger deal, $50m per year
          Wilson was banged up and did not play well the past couple of years. He is almost 34 and has taken an awful lot of hits over the years. Being on the hook with guaranteed money until age 41? Wow - that is a big risk.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wilson was banged up and did not play well the past couple of years. He is almost 34 and has taken an awful lot of hits over the years. Being on the hook with guaranteed money until age 41? Wow - that is a big risk.
            Supposedly not completely guaranteed, not sure what the deal about that is. Wilson said he wants to play to 45, I guess he could, but if he does keep on getting beat up, its a big ask. The key is that at least the entire contract is not guaranteed, like Watson's was, so there is some flexibility in the upcoming contracts for Herbert and Burrow.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

They're going to wish for a better QB if he makes it to the end of that contract. Wilson's style of play doesn't hold up well in the older age that he's getting to.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I don't know. I could see Wilson playing at a high level for several more years. He is a throw first QB and while he scrambles he really doesn't take the punishment that a Lamar Jackson does. He was never a read option guy and I cannot recall a designed run play for him. It's all off platform stuff. And Wilson might be pretty good in the pocket, he just never had a decent line in Seattle, even in the great years, to be a pocket passer consistently.

I hate the Broncos and all, but Wilson is still elite.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  I don't know. I could see Wilson playing at a high level for several more years. He is a throw first QB and while he scrambles he really doesn't take the punishment that a Lamar Jackson does. He was never a read option guy and I cannot recall a designed run play for him. It's all off platform stuff. And Wilson might be pretty good in the pocket, he just never had a decent line in Seattle, even in the great years, to be a pocket passer consistently.

I hate the Broncos and all, but Wilson is still elite.

TG
                  Wilson has been sacked more than any QB since he has been in the league - 427 times in 10 seasons. As a comparison, Tom Brady has been sacked 516 times in 21 seasons.

Wilson takes a lot of punishment trying to keep plays alive.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I thought I heard it was $160m or so guaranteed. 7 years when he is already being questioned for decline is a loooooong time. Having not played a game yet i feel it was too early ….but good for you Donkeys in locking up cap space for your aging mule!

i think he still has game. Im not convinced their OL is much better than Seattle though and i dont think his wr options are on the elite end at all to elevate him. That said he will make a difference at what was a laughable turnstile of dung laden qbs at Denver. They will be far more relevant and may help in unseating KC by giving KC a loss whereas prior years that was a tougher thing to expect.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

The thing about Wilson is, you never win the game until the final gun sounds. He never gives up and he's had a lot of games over the years when it looked like the Seahawks were beat, but he pulled it out.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        The thing about Wilson is, you never win the game until the final gun sounds. He never gives up and he's had a lot of games over the years when it looked like the Seahawks were beat, but he pulled it out.
                        After I got with Ciara he hasn't been effective in terms of pulling it out. Games. Closeout games of course.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Wilson has been sacked more than any QB since he has been in the league - 427 times in 10 seasons. As a comparison, Tom Brady has been sacked 516 times in 21 seasons.

Wilson takes a lot of punishment trying to keep plays alive.
                          l would guess that taking hits outside of the pocket in general are less punishing than standing in the teeth of the pass rush and getting blasted after releasing the football.

Comment

Working...
                          X