• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I think that this is not the year to be looking for a generational QB or RB. The EDGE talent and OT talent is superb.
    There are some RBs I like and in the earlier rounds, 2nd and 3rd and a few free agent RBs I like.

It all depends on free agency. I see you keep mocking us a DT early, and that's cool but I think we will sign 2 of those so we won't be looking for another in the early rounds, if at all. Just my opinion.

We'll see what happens. I saw Staley say we need to bolster the DL. To me that means get some DL that can help now.
    I'm seeing Joseph not coming back and Covington not coming back.

Sometimes DTs take a little time to come around when drafted.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Just so we're all on the same page, the GM of the team that beat our team, advancing to the playoff instead of this squad, was fired. The guy who has a record OVER .500 as a GM, was fired.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
      Mayock was Grudens choice to help him with the draft.

This tells me that the Raiders will be getting a new HC too and Bisciatti will be fired soon or they just want somebody with more experience.

Or maybe they didn't like all the first round picks that were either thugs and got released or in jail and another (Ferrell) who is a bust.

This coaching and GM carousel is adding up this year.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are some RBs I like and in the earlier rounds, 2nd and 3rd and a few free agent RBs I like.

It all depends on free agency. I see you keep mocking us a DT early, and that's cool but I think we will sign 2 of those so we won't be looking for another in the early rounds, if at all. Just my opinion.

We'll see what happens. I saw Staley say we need to bolster the DL. To me that means get some DL that can help now.

M17.0.png

I'm taking my RB in the 6th Round. Plenty of backs left then. Pierre Strong Jr.

#4 Paschal plays two-stance EDGE, that could be a great addition to the pass rush rotation.

2:28 Watch the special teams play by Paschal. He's a difference maker.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I remember this day in 1977. Game time, before they kicked the hell out of the Vikings.

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

I remember this day in 1977. Game time, before they kicked the hell out of the Vikings.
            Well if Al Davis is the AFL Godfather then Mark Davis is the NFL Fredo.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Well if Al Davis is the AFL Godfather then Mark Davis is the NFL Fredo.
              Anything that celebrates the greatness of the AFC West, I am a fan of.

Every team in this division has been to a Super Bowl and the other members all have multiple world championships. The Chargers are currently owned by nincompoops and haven't won an AFC West division since they fired AJ Smith, and that should concern every Charger fan, and that is why the trophy case will remain empty, but Telesco will be returning for his 10th season.

Reminder: AJ Smith won 5 division titles in 10 seasons. Sub 500 Tom is 0-9.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Every team in this division has been to a Super Bowl and the other members all have multiple world championships. The Chargers are currently owned by nincompoops and haven't won an AFC West division since they fired AJ Smith, and that should concern every Charger fan, and that is why the trophy case will remain empty, but Telesco will be returning for his 10th season.

You are giving AJ Smith way too much credit. I went and checked his draft history and it sucked so bad I can't believe your mentioning him. He had 3 good drafts and that was because we were drafting sky high. His last 5 years with us absolutely sucked and we did well because of LT, Rivers, Sproles, Merriman and a couple others. Massive flameouts with straight last five years other than Ingrahm.

Checkout the complete draft history of Los Angeles Chargers starting from 1936 to present including year by year draft picks on Pro-Football-Reference.com

:wtf:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You are giving AJ Smith way too much credit. I went and checked his draft history and it sucked so bad I can't believe your mentioning him. He had 3 good drafts and that was because we were drafting sky high. His last 5 years with us absolutely sucked and we did well because of LT, Rivers, Sproles, Merriman and a couple others. Massive flameouts with straight last five years other than Ingrahm.

Checkout the complete draft history of Los Angeles Chargers starting from 1936 to present including year by year draft picks on Pro-Football-Reference.com

:wtf:
                  His early years he’d say line em up 3 deep and complete. He’d try to upgrade every position on the field. His later years he’d say he can’t see more than a couple guys making the roster he was so awesome. So he’d give up a pick to move up for a stupid tweener like Hester. He got used to snorting his own butthole and the fumes blew him way off course and blurred his vision.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

His early years he’d say line em up 3 deep and complete. He’d try to upgrade every position on the field. His later years he’d say he can’t see more than a couple guys making the roster he was so awesome. So he’d give up a pick to move up for a stupid tweener like Hester. He got used to snorting his own butthole and the fumes blew him way off course and blurred his vision.
                    Quoted for accuracy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Well they have the same number of SB appearances.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

I share your opinion: two free agent DTs (plus Jones) and one drafted no earlier than round 3.
                        Some rook who can move around and play multiple positions might be the exception.
                        No Joseph/Covington

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Well they have the same number of SB appearances.
                          Would you rather have a 10 year span of 5 div. titles or none?

Comment

Working...
                          X