• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kellyb72601
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Yeah that was after he didn’t get any good long term offers. Popper said Telesco wanted him back but Tranquil was looking for $9m a year and that was too much. So we end up signing Kendricks for $6m. Meanwhile Buffalo & Philly both lose linebackers and I’m expecting him to sign one of those places on a decent deal any minute……

BUT, he ends up in KC on a 1 year deal for $3M. It’s pretty obvious what happened:

Tranquil got bad advice from his agent. Nobody else was gonna give him what we were gonna give him. When that ship sailed he decided to bet on himself with that cheap KC deal

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

He left to join the Super Bowl champions on a one-year deal. I'd wager it's just the opposite.
      I wouldn’t. He wanted a long term deal, didn’t get an offer for near what he wanted so he signed a one year deal with KC hoping for something bigger next year. If you have to sign a one year deal, sure sign with an elite team for more exposure. But he may not even start in KC, so…

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

$7m? Reports are that Drue is getting $5m
        TT offered him 7 mil, word is he wanted 9 so he messed up and got 3 from KC....the 5 mil is with incentives but he wont start there unless they have an injury.

And theres the talent level at LB. Theirs are better than ours and Drue would of started for us, there he is a reserve. I think Murray needs to go in a trade while we draft his replacement. Kendricks is an upgrade to Drue.

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
          Yeah that was after he didn’t get any good long term offers. Popper said Telesco wanted him back but Tranquil was looking for $9m a year and that was too much. So we end up signing Kendricks for $6m. Meanwhile Buffalo & Philly both lose linebackers and I’m expecting him to sign one of those places on a decent deal any minute……

BUT, he ends up in KC on a 1 year deal for $3M. It’s pretty obvious what happened:

Tranquil got bad advice from his agent. Nobody else was gonna give him what we were gonna give him. When that ship sailed he decided to bet on himself with that cheap KC deal
          Bad agent advice for Drew and EK. You will know during the first few hours of FA what you are worth. Drew should have come back quickly to take the chargers offer before we signed someone else.

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I wouldn’t. He wanted a long term deal, didn’t get an offer for near what he wanted so he signed a one year deal with KC hoping for something bigger next year. If you have to sign a one year deal, sure sign with an elite team for more exposure. But he may not even start in KC, so…
            If he gets a ring out of it, I doubt he'll care.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

I seldom post on the other forums. Maybe during game week. I live in Ca and have most my life. Have lots of Charger friends. I dont post much on Chiefs boards because , like most of us, they are homers with rose colored glasses. I like to visit this forum to learn more about the competition and this is a reasonably sane forum. Sorry you think I gloat. Im surprised. I just dont see that. I offer info for those that may want a little insight on KC. I use the AFC West Thread and Other Teams Thread. Also dont see 6 automatic wins. I have consistently complimented the Chargers and in many cases been more complimentary and positive about the team than some here.

So this is a time of year it’s fun, entertainment, to see what the competition thinks of all the moves being made.
              You’re a good, intelligent and reasonable guy. You are a lot more aware of the Chargers strengths than half of this forum that are just old bitches. I don’t see gloating, but 2 SBs in 3 yrs is not a bad reason to gloat just a tad. Some guys here would be dunking on you if you came in but the recent records were reversed.

if some guys “don’t want to discuss” with you, they should probably just shut the fuck up and stop discussing that they don’t want to discuss. You’re a-ok here as far as I’m concerned, I’m glad you bring a completely different perspective and often details we don’t know.

RE KC OL moves. a couple times in recent years we thought KC OL was downgraded in off season. Mahomes just has a way of bailing out his OL time and time again with his ability to evade and his school-yard savvy … lesser QBs would be buried for losses and OL exposed i think. This year also looks like KC OL is taking a step down again (though still not done so tbd) but again, Mahomes will find a way to work with what he’s got. i think you over-payed. We gotta score some more to beat KC.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• fanatic
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Southern California
                • Realtor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You’re a good, intelligent and reasonable guy. You are a lot more aware of the Chargers strengths than half of this forum that are just old bitches. I don’t see gloating, but 2 SBs in 3 yrs is not a bad reason to gloat just a tad. Some guys here would be dunking on you if you came in but the recent records were reversed.

if some guys “don’t want to discuss” with you, they should probably just shut the fuck up and stop discussing that they don’t want to discuss. You’re a-ok here as far as I’m concerned, I’m glad you bring a completely different perspective and often details we don’t know.

RE KC OL moves. a couple times in recent years we thought KC OL was downgraded in off season. Mahomes just has a way of bailing out his OL time and time again with his ability to evade and his school-yard savvy … lesser QBs would be buried for losses and OL exposed i think. This year also looks like KC OL is taking a step down again (though still not done so tbd) but again, Mahomes will find a way to work with what he’s got. i think you over-payed. We gotta score some more to beat KC.
                Good points. I think the Chiefs will have another strong oline. Yes an overpay on Jackson for sure. The thing is it is usually an overpay for a top free agent. I did not like Brown much. The interior of the line is 10+.. KC still has above average back ups. They do need another good tackle. My bet. They get one. Niang has been injured but did play well prior. Wiley was filling in for him.

Todays NFL and rules are all about offense. My favorite KC coach is Marty. Im not a super bowl or bust guy. I liked that era of football better. You could play D then. Now good offense teams with Elite Qbs like KC, Cinn, Healthy Chargers will score on any defense. KC torched SF and had their way with Philly in the second half. So I have had to adjust my thinking to you need an average defense and invest big bucks on offense. Hard to have both when paying Elite QB money.

Final thought. The Chargers could have easily won several of their recent games against KC. That 99 yard TD is a bit fortunate and the Chargers coaching lost those close games not the players. Plus you had key receivers out. If you took Kelce off the field the Chiefs offense would not be nearly as good. Fortunately he has played 99% of the games.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Rather be an old bitch then a young ass-kissing Pollyanna. LOL! fanatic knows football, and he's a decent guy...I've already said as much. Not sure what the attraction is posting on a Chargers forum; gotta be some nice things to discuss with Chiefs' fans, I'm sure. You're such a tool, dmac. stfu yourself.

Comment

• LarryAW
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Good points. I think the Chiefs will have another strong oline. Yes an overpay on Jackson for sure. The thing is it is usually an overpay for a top free agent. I did not like Brown much. The interior of the line is 10+.. KC still has above average back ups. They do need another good tackle. My bet. They get one. Niang has been injured but did play well prior. Wiley was filling in for him.

Todays NFL and rules are all about offense. My favorite KC coach is Marty. Im not a super bowl or bust guy. I liked that era of football better. You could play D then. Now good offense teams with Elite Qbs like KC, Cinn, Healthy Chargers will score on any defense. KC torched SF and had their way with Philly in the second half. So I have had to adjust my thinking to you need an average defense and invest big bucks on offense. Hard to have both when paying Elite QB money.

Final thought. The Chargers could have easily won several of their recent games against KC. That 99 yard TD is a bit fortunate and the Chargers coaching lost those close games not the players. Plus you had key receivers out. If you took Kelce off the field the Chiefs offense would not be nearly as good. Fortunately he has played 99% of the games.
                    I wonder if the Chargers ever considered covertly using a sleeping-dart to stop Kelce? He's that damn good, which is why so many fans here want a TE upgrade.

I much preferred that era of football and I liked Marty a lot, too. Marty & AJ were a match made in Hell, and I never understood the animosity AJ had toward Marty.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Rather be an old bitch than a young ass-kissing Pollyanna. LOL! fanatic knows football, and he's a decent guy...I've already said as much. Not sure what the attraction is posting on a Chargers forum; gotta be some nice things to discuss with Chiefs' fans, I'm sure. You're such a tool, dmac. stfu yourself.
                      I’ve noticed. Thanks for thinking I’m young. It’s none of your business why he comes here to read Charger info and share occassional Chiefs scoop. He’s welcome here, you’re the problem.

Eat a bag of em, Crusty.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Players know to get out of LA if you want a legit chance to win. Tranquil couldn't have asked for a better opportunity.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

I’ve noticed. Thanks for thinking I’m young. It’s none of your business why he comes here to read Charger info and share occasional Chiefs scoop. He’s welcome here, you’re the problem.

Eat a bag of em, Crusty.
                          Only a problem for Pollyannas. And I don't give a shit how old you are. I'm 70, so I'm old. And it's not a question of whether he's welcome; everyone (but me it would seem ) is welcome. It's WHY he's here that's puzzling. All of his posts are sugary sweet; very PC. Not controversial. It's almost worse than if he just told us the Chiefs are great (they are) and we suck (we do).

Comment

Working...
                          X