• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

To each his own. I’m at the point where the NFL is really the only sport I watch during the regular season unless I go to a hockey or basketball game. Hockey, which is the sport I played, is not a TV sport. Gotta be there. Playoff basketball is great and this year has had some very entertaining series. Baseball is like golf, good for a nap
    Agreed on Hockey not being a great TV sport - MUCH better in person, if you sit in the right places. My oldest son player ice hockey as a kid and up through junior hockey in the BC league so I understand the game pretty well - makes it easier to watch on TV, but you just can't get a sense of the speed these guys move at on TV like you can in person.

Regular season for me (on TV) its NHL & NFL only. Surprisingly I really enjoy baseball in person - go figure.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed on Hockey not being a great TV sport - MUCH better in person, if you sit in the right places. My oldest son player ice hockey as a kid and up through junior hockey in the BC league so I understand the game pretty well - makes it easier to watch on TV, but you just can't get a sense of the speed these guys move at on TV like you can in person.

Regular season for me (on TV) its NHL & NFL only. Surprisingly I really enjoy baseball in person - go figure.
      I agree about seeing hockey in person. My daughter works for an advertising agency based in Orange County, California and they have Duck season tickets on the glass and she gets them whenever they aren't used to wine and dine clients (several times a year). Seeing someone checked into the boards 2 feet from you is pretty awesome and the speed is incredible!

I have all but given up on baseball though last year's Padre playoff run briefly sparked it. For me, my sports are the NFL, college basketball and college football a distant 3rd.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I agree about seeing hockey in person. My daughter works for an advertising agency based in Orange County, California and they have Duck season tickets on the glass and she gets them whenever they aren't used to wine and dine clients (several times a year). Seeing someone checked into the boards 2 feet from you is pretty awesome and the speed is incredible!

I have all but given up on baseball though last year's Padre playoff run briefly sparked it. For me, my sports are the NFL, college basketball and college football a distant 3rd.
        Yep - this is the place to be. If you're lucky enough to get on the glass IN THE CORNERS it's an awesome experience . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

When you are in person at the stadium.
          The sound of a pass on the stick in hockey.
          The sound of a home run in baseball.
          We don't have it in football.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
            When you are in person at the stadium.
            The sound of a pass on the stick in hockey.
            The sound of a home run in baseball.
            We don't have it in football.
            The thump of the place kicker's foot as it meets the ball?? The screaming of Joey Bosa in mid-hissy fit??

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

To each his own. I’m at the point where the NFL is really the only sport I watch during the regular season unless I go to a hockey or basketball game. Hockey, which is the sport I played, is not a TV sport. Gotta be there. Playoff basketball is great and this year has had some very entertaining series. Baseball is like golf, good for a nap
              Pretty much the same with me.

I stopped watching college football & baseball entirely.
              Some years, I don't even know who won the world series.
              I watch college basketball only during the tournament.

I'll watch a few NBA games during the year, mostly playoff games ..... still follow the Clippers.

They are the Chargers of the NBA.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Pretty much the same with me.

I stopped watching college football & baseball entirely.
                Some years, I don't even know who won the world series.
                I watch college basketball only during the tournament.

I'll watch a few NBA games during the year, mostly playoff games ..... still follow the Clippers.

They are the Chargers of the NBA.
                Good lord . . . . . . . . we're not at THAT level . . . . . . . . . (are we)?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Good lord . . . . . . . . we're not at THAT level . . . . . . . . . (are we)?
                  High expectations, starting a season, even before Balmer took over,
                  injuries,
                  frustrated fans,
                  playoff implosions,

Still waiting on a title, or even an NBA finals appearance after all these years.

Clippers went to the Western Conference finals two years ago.

Chargers are actually worse! Let that sink in!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

High expectations, starting a season, even before Balmer took over,
                    injuries,
                    frustrated fans,
                    playoff implosions,

Still waiting on a title, or even an NBA finals appearance after all these years.

Clippers went to the Western Conference finals two years ago.

Chargers are actually worse! Let that sink in!
                    The similarities are striking. What’s worse is that the NBA helped them get rid of a shitty owner and it hasn’t changed their fortunes one bit

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

You haven't answered why it's unethical. How is he going to use his job as a broadcaster to cheat?
                      You don't get it. You never will. You won't try to get it. So drop it.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

The similarities are striking. What’s worse is that the NBA helped them get rid of a shitty owner and it hasn’t changed their fortunes one bit

THERE'S a sobering thought . . . . . . .

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Have you all been following this story? Jimmy GQ failed his physical before signing his contract, so the Raiders added an addendum that says if his injured foot doesn't heal, the contract is voided and they owe him nothing.

The physical revealed that his foot fracture he suffered with the 49ers last season had not healed without surgery, and that is why he had surgery after signing the contract. There is real concern his foot might not heal properly.

If that happens, the Raiders would start the season with Brian Hoyer and 4th round rookie Aidan O'Connell as their QB options, unless Tom Brady decides to suit up again (unlikely). How happy Davante Adams must be about all this.

Josh McDaniels apparently is the same guy he was with the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                          X