• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Brady can be a minority owner or he can be a broadcast for Fox. He can't do both.
    I think Magic Johnson was a guest commentator while he had minority ownership of the Lakers.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I think Magic Johnson was a guest commentator while he had minority ownership of the Lakers.
      NBA isn’t at real sport, is it? I watched a reg season game, pretty sure it’s not. I expected Meadowlark to come out after halftime and lay some dazzle on us, at least a no-look backwards half court swish.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Or I can just stop watching or caring about this sport. If that is the direction it is choosing to go....
        Well that's up to you but I'd find it pretty stupid of the NFL to send Brady to cover a Raiders game while being a part owner.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

NBA isn’t at real sport, is it? I watched a reg season game, pretty sure it’s not. I expected Meadowlark to come out after halftime and lay some dazzle on us, at least a no-look backwards half court swish.
          I don't think so. NBA playoff games are barely watchable, regular season - how could you stand it??? We all complain about the refs in football - holy cow NBA refs set a new low . . . . . . . . there's no rhyme or reason (or consistency) to their calls - and CERTAINLY no travelling any more. Did they abolish that rule when I wasn't looking?

Hockey, football and (maybe) playoff baseball . . . . . . . that's IT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I don't think so. NBA playoff games are barely watchable, regular season - how could you stand it??? We all complain about the refs in football - holy cow NBA refs set a new low . . . . . . . . there's no rhyme or reason (or consistency) to their calls - and CERTAINLY no travelling any more. Did they abolish that rule when I wasn't looking?

Baseball is legit - it’s just slower paced hence not as entertaining (to me).

yes, they must have abolished traveling.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Basketball is unwatchable. It feels like pro wrestling now. Hey maybe that's it! Put a turnbuckle around the court and let them have at it. It would be more watchable then.

I will say the NFL is not far behind the NBA. Every time I turn on the NFL channel they are talking more about equity and inclusivity, equal rights and less about football. They talk about the NFL acceleration programs for minorities and women. As if the NFL is some racist, misogynist kingdom. What a joke.

For me it really is straining my loyalty to the league. The NFL pumps out more multi millionaires than any other sport in the USA. None of them are thankful. They just complain about how the NFL can do more and change more. I for one don't want change. I would like to see football the way it used to be. All the while we the fan base have to shell $800 a week to take our family's to the games on sunday.

Kind of wishing for a backlash to happen like it did for budlight.

Rant over. It's early and I'm grumpy.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Magic does not have a regular commentary gig. THAT is the difference. Brady has signed the paperwork to do both. That is unethical. But, then again Brady was a cheat as a player too (see the ball-bag being stolen from official Walt Corey).

Comment

• captaind
                    Cook This Pork Chops
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Mars
                    • Ball Holder
                    • Send PM

Magic does not have a regular commentary gig. THAT is the difference. Brady has signed the paperwork to do both. That is unethical. But, then again Brady was a cheat as a player too (see the ball-bag being stolen from official Walt Corey).
                    You haven't answered why it's unethical. How is he going to use his job as a broadcaster to cheat?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Oh yeah!
                      Jimmy G rarely makes it through a season. Raiders forgot that part.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Oh yeah!
                        Jimmy G rarely makes it through a season. Raiders forgot that part.
                        Jimmy G + Josh McDaniels + Adams + 17-game season. What could go wrong for the Raiders lol.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

To each his own. I’m at the point where the NFL is really the only sport I watch during the regular season unless I go to a hockey or basketball game. Hockey, which is the sport I played, is not a TV sport. Gotta be there. Playoff basketball is great and this year has had some very entertaining series. Baseball is like golf, good for a nap

Comment

Working...
                          X