Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    I hope he can overcome John Spanos & Tom Telesco in the draft room and build
    a top 5 defense in 2022.
    Pound the table, Brandon. Pound the table.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Right now in the NFC there are maybe three Lombardi caliber QBs, and they are all over 30. Rodgers, Stafford and Wilson (maybe). But who in the NFC is an up and comer at QB? Kyler Murray maybe. But as much as I would like to see him succeed, I just don't think he can overcome his smallness, no matter how athletic he is. Dak Prescott? Maybe as well, but I think we may have seen his limits in the playoffs, like Garoppolo. Maybe Trey Lance becomes a stud, but I'll see it when I believe it.

The AFC has Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert and Allen. These four are the best young QBs in the league, and they are all in the AFC. Mahomes is 26, Allen 25, Burrow and Herbert are 23. Maybe you add Lamar Jackson (25) and make it a quintet. DeShaun Watson should be in this company too, but who knows when and where he will play again. The NFC does not have this caliber of young quarterbacking.
      Not that it really matters, but Burrows is 25.

Comment

• AL9000
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2022
        • San Diego, CA
        • Send PM

Juicy rumor here, but I can tell you it has some legs... Darren Waller does not want to play with Derek Carr. He was not injured those last 5 games of the season last year. The only reason he played the final game vs the Chargers is because he was 1 win away from a playoff appearance. Dude wants a new contract and I don't believe it will be with the Raiders as long as Carr is around. We could never get him in a trade, but he will be playing elsewhere within the 2 years, possibly sooner now that Josh McDaniels is there. I know a lot of the current players hate the new hire.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
          Juicy rumor here, but I can tell you it has some legs... Darren Waller does not want to play with Derek Carr. He was not injured those last 5 games of the season last year. The only reason he played the final game vs the Chargers is because he was 1 win away from a playoff appearance. Dude wants a new contract and I don't believe it will be with the Raiders as long as Carr is around. We could never get him in a trade, but he will be playing elsewhere within the 2 years, possibly sooner now that Josh McDaniels is there. I know a lot of the current players hate the new hire.
          Til you can say how you know this I'm calling BS. Rumor from who?
          This is the second player you have said this about. Carr is not a bad QB. Not like they have Drew Lock or Tua on their team and they could do a lot worse.

Comment

• AL9000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • San Diego, CA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

This is the second player you have said this about. Carr is not a bad QB. Not like they have Drew Lock or Tua on their team and they could do a lot worse.
            It was all over the place a few months ago. Just hop on YouTube or Twitter and search Waller/Carr and you'll get some info on it all. Like I said, it's a rumor, but many inside the Raiders fanbase and beat writers talked about it. It didn't just come from one person, hence why I always believed it had legs. Carr isn't terrible, but I think he needs a perfect team around him in order to be successful. Even then, I don't think he'd ever get a team over the hump. Just doesn't have the "it" factor. Fails miserably when you can get any kind of pressure on him and has always tended to be a one read QB. Unless Waller is the 1st read on a play designed for him, he's not getting the ball.

Comment

• AL9000
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2022
              • San Diego, CA
              • Send PM

In regards to my Josh Jacobs comment, that goes all the way back to when the Raiders were looking at getting Tom Brady in FA. There was video then of Jacobs saying he'd love to have Brady. Not really a vote of confidence in Carr lol! He's made several comments in post game pressers too that throw shade at Carr as well as cryptic IG posts that he then deletes. All I'm saying is don't be surprised one bit when they let Jacobs walk when his rookie deal expires. He's not the only player on that team either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

It was all over the place a few months ago. Just hop on YouTube or Twitter and search Waller/Carr and you'll get some info on it all. Like I said, it's a rumor, but many inside the Raiders fanbase and beat writers talked about it. It didn't just come from one person, hence why I always believed it had legs. Carr isn't terrible, but I think he needs a perfect team around him in order to be successful. Even then, I don't think he'd ever get a team over the hump. Just doesn't have the "it" factor. Fails miserably when you can get any kind of pressure on him and has always tended to be a one read QB. Unless Waller is the 1st read on a play designed for him, he's not getting the ball.
                I would disregard that from Raiders fans.
                There is a lot of speculation from nobodys on YouTube just trying to get views. Can't believe everything you see.

There is no such speculation from NFL pundits such as Shelter or the like. I've never heard any such talk in the Vegas news or talk at all from the area and I live here.

I hear more negative Gruden talk (before he got in trouble)from fans than I do about Carr, though I have heard it.

I agree Carr don't do well with pressure but most QBs don't. Carr had happy feet in college and has got better but he still has it.
                ​​​​​

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

In regards to my Josh Jacobs comment, that goes all the way back to when the Raiders were looking at getting Tom Brady in FA. There was video then of Jacobs saying he'd love to have Brady. Not really a vote of confidence in Carr lol! He's made several comments in post game pressers too that throw shade at Carr as well as cryptic IG posts that he then deletes. All I'm saying is don't be surprised one bit when they let Jacobs walk when his rookie deal expires. He's not the only player on that team either.
                  Well gee, who wouldn't love to have Brady? Hec we were in that discussion as well per NFL pundits,.....not YouTubers lol.

Anyways, I'd rather draft our RB ,like Hall than sign Jacobs when he is a FA.

Comment

• AL9000
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2022
                    • San Diego, CA
                    • Send PM

I agree Carr don't do well with pressure but most QBs don't. Carr had happy feet in college and has got better but he still has it.
                    ​​​​​
                    Carr’s version of pressure is much, much different than what anyone else would consider pressure. Just ask Bosa lol!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

It is just a rumor, as has been said.

General feeling on the Raider forum was that Waller was well enough to play quite some time ago; he was unhappy about contractual matters.
                      This might be true, but doesn't mean the Raiders can't smooth things over. He signed a 4 year contract in 2019 and has outperformed it.

Waller is under contract for one more year.
                      Typically, organizations do not budge.

The Raiders will not trade Waller to the Chargers this offseason, so it is a non issue for us.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

I had not heard that Waller does not like Carr. I thought it was just the opposite actually. Is the source of the alleged bad blood between Waller and Carr this guy? I would take it with a grain of salt, a very tiny grain.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          I had not heard that Waller does not like Carr. I thought it was just the opposite actually. Is the source of the alleged bad blood between Waller and Carr this guy? I would take it with a grain of salt, a very tiny grain.

Lol Cam Newton? WTF, Cam is done.

Comment

Working...
                          X