• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    NY Post reports Thomas died of a seizure he experienced while taking a shower. Apparently he had been having seizures for over a year. He was alone when it happened and was discovered in the shower by someone who routinely checked on him for this very reason, unfortunately.

No wife, No kids.

Prayers. Nothing is promised to any of us.

TG
    That is a real shame. Must be awful to have seizures and never knowing when thy will come on.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That is a real shame. Must be awful to have seizures and never knowing when thy will come on.
      My brother's stepdaughter had a brain surgery because of her seizures. She still has them but they're now about once a year and usually between December and February and not sure if that has something to do with the weather or some sort of angle of the sun. It's strange that they now happen within the same period of time each year. The brain is still a fairly mysterious organ.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

My brother's stepdaughter had a brain surgery because of her seizures. She still has them but they're now about once a year and usually between December and February and not sure if that has something to do with the weather or some sort of angle of the sun. It's strange that they now happen within the same period of time each year. The brain is still a fairly mysterious organ.
        I think that's why we wait for the official report, if it is released. The seizures may have been due to damage that he had as a football player, or that recent car accident.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As someone with epilepsy it is awful. Add in people say "you dont look disabled" and its frustrating

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

As someone with epilepsy it is awful. Add in people say "you dont look disabled" and its frustrating
            Yes sounds like it's just a bad hand dealt. I know there are meds and for some it stops them from happening but everybody is different.

Bears QB Justin fields has a history of it and can play football for example.

I don't know if DT had them while playing or got them after.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Hear ya.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The Raiders find themselves exactly where the Chargers were one year ago today. They need a new HC. Unlike the Chargers, they also need a new GM.

I posted this Raider honk rando because his list was a rehash of most of the quality names that were bandied about here last year. But I still don't know any
                first time coach worth his salt who would go to work for the Raiders, unless he has clabber for brains.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Raiders find themselves exactly where the Chargers were one year ago today. They need a new HC. Unlike the Chargers, they also need a new GM.

I posted this Raider honk rando because his list was a rehash of most of the quality names that were bandied about here last year. But I still don't know any
                  first time coach worth his salt who would go to work for the Raiders, unless he has clabber for brains.
                  Jerry Rice has suggested Tim Brown, who has never coached.

I do think he's got the right idea, though. It has to be a former Raiders player. But I don't know what ex-players the Raiders currently have within the NFL coaching ranks.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Jerry Rice has suggested Tim Brown, who has never coached.

I do think he's got the right idea, though. It has to be a former Raiders player. But I don't know what ex-players the Raiders currently have within the NFL coaching ranks.
                    I'm going to say that the NFL has changed and you've got to be able to coach an RPO system on offense in addition to basic situational football, and pre-snap defensive backfield calls to post-snap defensive backfield calls, on defense. That's one weird skill matrix to have and yet one I think is required for this era. Analytics and application of those analytics to boot.

The league even split coordinators into passing and running game coordinators titles this off-season and it was little commented on. All this means I believe they've got to go young. I do not see Art Shell getting another shot.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think there are two choices the Raiders are likely to make:

1. Eric Bienemy. A good choice to try to show the Raiders are not racist (which is absurd -- we all hate them, but the Raiders have always been ahead of the curve on diverse hires at the highest levels) after the Gruden stuff. BTW, I think Gruden really was collateral damage to Snyder trying to destroy Bruce Allen. Washington post has an article on the whole deal and it is very interesting. Snyder is far worse than I ever thought he was and I always thought he was pretty bad.

or

2. Brian Daboll. Chasing some of that Patritot way. It would be delicious to watch because the only way (and really the Patriot way) Brian takes the job is if has total control. Which ensures he will be a total failure, ala Eric Mangini, ala the guy in Detroit I already cannot remember, ala Romeo Crennel, ala the guy in Houston who I have also already forgotten, ala Josh "Joshy" Mc Daniel, ala a bunch of other flame outs.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I think there are two choices the Raiders are likely to make:

1. Eric Bienemy. A good choice to try to show the Raiders are not racist (which is absurd -- we all hate them, but the Raiders have always been ahead of the curve on diverse hires at the highest levels) after the Gruden stuff. BTW, I think Gruden really was collateral damage to Snyder trying to destroy Bruce Allen. Washington post has an article on the whole deal and it is very interesting. Snyder is far worse than I ever thought he was and I always thought he was pretty bad.

or

2. Brian Daboll. Chasing some of that Patritot way. It would be delicious to watch because the only way (and really the Patriot way) Brian takes the job is if has total control. Which ensures he will be a total failure, ala Eric Mangini, ala the guy in Detroit I already cannot remember, ala Romeo Crennel, ala the guy in Houston who I have also already forgotten, ala Josh "Joshy" Mc Daniel, ala a bunch of other flame outs.

TG
                        No,No,...... I think I like that Tim Brown idea. Takes care of point #1 racist thing and takes care of the Raiders continuing to suck with a total inexperienced HC.

Get er done Mark.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Scary moment for Bridgewater.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X