• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

To me the problem wasn't the playcalling on D. It may have been Staley calling the plays, but calling plays is relatively easy. Actually it's tough, but it is the easiest part of the process. The problem has been teaching Staley's D to his D. There have been a few games like today, where the D looked relatively good. But so many others when players were lost. If getting lined up and players not knowing what to do is a problem, then a DC's playcalling isn't the problem, it is his preparation.

I don't know what the fix is, but getting a guy like Fangio, who has done a good job of prepping guys in every D going back to Carolina (including Stanford), he can get guys ready to play. I'm all in. But with black monday coming up, there are several other teams who will be looking too.

That being said, I don't think Fangio would take our job. He is going to be like Norv, in that he would want to do things his way. Staley's D, is MOSTLY the same, but not completely the same. I think vic would want to do things his way, and not have a lot of interference from a HC. I just don't see it with Staley.

If Fangio was a young guy who just got fired as a early career DC, then yeah, he would have to work. Fangio can sit on his ass and collect his salary from Denver (the deal was 4 years and $61 mill, with 1 year left). So he can just review his options if he wants.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Staley doesn't strike me as a guy who would fire Hill after one year, even for his mentor Fangio. We just need more talent at pretty much every position on the D.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Staley doesn't strike me as a guy who would fire Hill after one year, even for his mentor Fangio. We just need more talent at pretty much every position on the D.
        I swear the end of the year is always such a kick to the nuts as all the glaring holes become too long to list.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I expect them to make a strong play for Russell Wilson....although I'm not privy to this no trade clause and what's involved.

NFL Insider on the future of Russell Wilson in Seattle | CBS Sports HQ - YouTube

Seahawks' Russell Wilson wants to explore options, consider different destinations this offseason, per report - CBSSports.com

Foregone conclusion he's a Donkey next season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I don't fear Wilson. He holds the ball too long hoping for a big play too often and gets sacked and he didn't run very often this season like he used to.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't fear Wilson. He holds the ball too long hoping for a big play too often and gets sacked and he didn't run very often this season like he used to.
              Not that I want Wilson to go to the Broncos but I really don't want Rodgers to go to the Broncos. Give them Wilson or Jimmy G -

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not that I want Wilson to go to the Broncos but I really don't want Rodgers to go to the Broncos. Give them Wilson or Jimmy G -
                Hey that quarterback they go after is going to cost them multiple picks so im for that. Mortgage the future. They aren't going to get another Peyton Manning out of it.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Even Jimmy G would be a pretty big update over what they have. I have hard time believing that Rodgers ever leaves Green Bay. Wilson I'm not so sure about. I can't tell if his play the past 2 years is just injury and lack of talent around him or if he is on the decline.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

None of those guys will go to Denver. Lock will stay right there with them.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Raiders in no mans land. The players love Biasaccia supposedly. He took a mess on and got the team to the playoffs. But the Raiders don't want him to be the head coach. He kind of screwed them by winning.

Same with Carr. He played his heart out and that team made the playoffs. But he is not an elite QB and cannot win when it matters most. But then, he is better than a lot of starting NFL QBs on a lot of teams right now.

Bradley turned that defense around. But a new HC will want to bring in his own coordinators and the hot coaches dont play tampa cover 2 all the time.

Mayock cannot make a first round pick to save his life. But he has made some great round 3-4-5 picks and signed some really good FA.

Raiders looking to take a giant step back and blow the whole thing up.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Jimmy G - wins a lot games. Misses a lot of games. Throws dumb picks at the worst times. Really good QB sneaker. He is the poor man's Kirk Cousins. Hope the Broncos trade a first round pick for him.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

None of those guys will go to Denver. Lock will stay right there with them.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if Horseface/Paton draft either Pickett, Corral or Ridder, especially if either one is there in round 2...Horseface is still probably looking for the next hidden QB gem...

Comment

Working...
                          X