• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Adams is an outstanding talent.

What is interesting to me is that Josh "Joshy" McDaniels went after a premier WR. The model in NE is to focus on TEs and dump offs to the slot with WRs an afterthought. They already have their Welker type guy to run all the rub and pick routes in Renfroe, who is a player that is really hard not to admire. Other than a short rental on Randy Moss, the Patriots never really had a superstar WR. So this surprises me.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2020
      • Send PM

Man, WR cores are now becoming the new "shut down" defenses.

If you have a baller WR core you just a need a scheme to mix up and spread out defenses then get the ball to them for insane YAC.

You don't need a QB to make tight throws consistently to at least make a Super Bowl appearance when you have multiple big-play targets that defenses must account for every.single.down.

A couple little routes underneath = 20-second touchdown drives and defenses can't stop it. Then you can use short passes like the running game, except each player has the potential to take it to the house. Then of course each of them got the speed to go vertical.

Rams were able to neutralize this because they had one of the best defensive linemen of all-time, flanked by an all-time great defensive end and backed up by the best shutdown corner (and versatile defender) of the last decade. Not to mention it still took a WR of their own who had one of the best seasons of all-time being flanked by one of most electric WRs today to get it done.

Great signing by the Raiders tbh. It's not only about Adams' play In a vacuum, but how his play affects their entire WR core dynamic that is scary. Like I said, the right scheme and they may be impossible for any defense today to stop and would have to rely on them making mistakes.
      Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 03-18-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Russell Wilson changed cities, conferences and divisions but will still have to deal with pass rusher Chandler Jones twice a season for the foreseeable future.

Wilson was traded from the NFC West's Seattle Seahawks to the Denver Broncos of the AFC West. Jones, formerly of the Arizona Cardinals, followed Wilson to the AFC West, inking a new contract with the Las Vegas Raiders this week.

"He thought he could get away from me, leaving [the NFC West], but I'm right here with him again," Jones said Thursday with a chuckle, via ESPN. "So, that's going to be fun, getting after him a little bit."

Jones played six seasons with the Cardinals. He sacked Wilson 14.5 times over that span. Aside from missing both matchups against the Seahawks in 2020 due to injury, Jones sacked Wilson at least once in all but one game both played in the six seasons. Per NFL Research, since 2017, Jones' 12 sacks of Wilson are second-most in the NFL (behind only the Saints' Cameron Jordan taking down Matt Ryan 15 times).
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
          I'll give it to the Raiders, with Davante, Renfroe, and Waller, they have the best receiving core in the NFL. I still think we're better, but they aren't going to be a pushover. I'm very curious to see how Adams does with an inferior QB throwing to him. He's a helluva talent, but Rodgers is also an incredible QB who does so many little things so well.
          I would love to see us get our own Renfroe in Cole Beasley. 82 catches last year and over 230 in 3 years with the Bills and 11 touchdowns. I could easily see him in a role like Rivers used to have with Eddie Royal.

My guess is that he would love to play with our offense.

Comment

• AL9000
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2022
            • San Diego, CA
            • Send PM

JuJu to Queefs.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Adams is an outstanding talent.

What is interesting to me is that Josh "Joshy" McDaniels went after a premier WR. The model in NE is to focus on TEs and dump offs to the slot with WRs an afterthought. They already have their Welker type guy to run all the rub and pick routes in Renfroe, who is a player that is really hard not to admire. Other than a short rental on Randy Moss, the Patriots never really had a superstar WR. So this surprises me.

TG
              He's aiming high early.
              he wants to recreate that 2007 NE offense.
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Wow. The Chiefs are close to trading Tyreek Hill?????

According to a report from NFL Media, the Chiefs have given Tyreek Hill‘s agent permission to seek a trade after extension talks between the team and player have stalled. The report adds that Kansas City has offered to make Hill one of the highest-paid receivers in the league.

The Jets and Dolphins are in “serious talks” to acquire Hill, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

they're gonna replace him with Jameson Williams

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Wow. The Chiefs are close to trading Tyreek Hill?????
                    If he's gone from the AFC west.

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted to draft a speed WR to try to be that alpha scoring team in the division.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                      [TWEET]

Maybe.

They'll get a player who may well be brittle, and won't be much of a factor this year.
                      Williams is not the player Hill is in the open field: just a straight line guy who runs to daylight but will not create openings.

I do like Williams.

Hill won't be worth two firsts to the Dolphins or Jets.

Tua will struggle to get the ball to him deep, plus Hill isn't too far away from 30....are they insane?

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

I really hope they don’t get Jameson, and if they do, I hope they have to burn a top 10 pick on him. I have a serious man crush on Jameson.

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
                          Please check attachment
                          Is this serious?!?

Comment

Working...
                          X