• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Here's an article from Jon Clayton after the Pat game:

"Perhaps the strangest call of the game came in the first quarter. Schottenheimer went for a fourth-and-11 instead of attempting a 49-yard field goal by the AFC's Pro Bowl kicker Nate Kaeding."

so i stand corrected.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

If I remember wright, Marty was much less conservative for that game.
      If M. McCree take a knee after his INT, Shotty would have seemed like a genius.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A.J. Smith couldn't tell the difference between a street hooker and a nun after Marty left.
        Insulting the best GM in Chargers history hurts me how exactly?

P.S. I rarely bring this subject up because some people don't react well to finding out the truth.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Marty melted down in the car to the stadium that day. Was done before KO.
          Blue is correct. Marty had an episode on the way to stadium.

If you'll allow me, the critics got in his head. This is my opinion. But that was the best roster the Chargers ever fielded that day. There were 11 Pro Bowlers on that roster.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Rivers threw an interception on that 4rth down play. When did Krasovic write the article?
            You didn't read the article, because the byline date by Krasovic, is published at the top of article.

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

P.S. I rarely bring this subject up because some people don't react well to finding out the truth.
              AJ's treatment of Gates, reaching for Jacob Hester, and especially the inexplicable extension of Jyles Tucker just to spite Merriman really damaged my opinion of him. Whoever built the Air Coryell team would have to get the nod from me as the best GM. I admittedly don't know the history, but the names are legendary.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

AJ's treatment of Gates, reaching for Jacob Hester, and especially the inexplicable extension of Jyles Tucker just to spite Merriman really damaged my opinion of him. Whoever built the Air Coryell team would have to get the nod from me as the best GM. I admittedly don't know the history, but the names are legendary.
                Johnny Sanders was the GM between 1976-1986, and was Executive of the Year in 1979.

Before him Harland Svare was the GM, the 1975 draft was a classic, with Gary Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, Mike Fuller, Billy Shields and Rickey Young.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Johnny Sanders was the GM between 1976-1986, and was Executive of the Year in 1979.

Before him Harland Svare was the GM, the 1975 draft was a classic, with Gary Johnson, Louie Kelcher, Fred Dean, Mike Fuller, Billy Shields and Rickey Young.
                  I thought Prothro was the GM for that draft class - it was damn stellar

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

A strange response.

Why would you be hurt?

Was AJ Smith a good talent evaluator? Not without Schottenheimer......which is not exactly a controversial statement.
                    The opinion of most is that he was a fantastic flop at talent evaluation once Marty (& Buddy Nix) were sent packing.

Do you care to go over his drafts from 2007 to 2012?

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

A strange response.

Why would you be hurt?

Was AJ Smith a good talent evaluator? Not without Schottenheimer......which is not exactly a controversial statement.
                      The opinion of most is that he was a fantastic flop at talent evaluation once Marty (& Buddy Nix) were sent packing.

I will pass as I don't view this as a good faith effort. Thanks.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

A strange response.

Why would you be hurt?

The guy whom likened AJ to prostitutes has some thoughts on strange. Got it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I will pass as I don't view this as a good faith effort. Thanks.
                          You are passing because its a losing battle to prop up his final 6 drafts.....like it or not, his prized drafts came under a head coach who kept on lucking into stacked rosters on football teams.

And btw, I equated AJ Smith's inability to judge football talent as the equivalent of being unable to discern a street hooker from a nun.

Call him a prostitute i did not; nor did i call him a nun.

Comment

Working...
                          X