• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

What will the Titans do if Tannehill is traded or cut? He has a big dead money hit as well and his cap hit is 2 mil less than last year.

The quarterback they drafted last year is going to be a bust.
    Maybe they would want Carr?
    I live in Nashville and people here are freaking out about the QB situation. Tannehill has been “exposed” for what he is but their backup QB looks years away from being a QB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Well, he would be an upgrade over what they currently have if they miss out on the other QBs.

Rogers makes the most sense to me for the Jets. They have a playoff contending team, aside from the QB position. I don't know how much he has left, but he'd be the missing piece on a loaded team.
      I think a good trade for the Jets for Rodgers would be something like
      2nd rounder this year
      conditional FRP in 2024

Personally - that contract is so terrible - not sure he is worth trading for at this point. SO the Raiders should do it! Actually a Raiders fan did have a decent trade for Rodgers. Raiders have the 7th pick in first; Packers have the 15 - flip those picks, Raiders add a future second that can becomea FRP for Rodgers

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I live in Nashville and people here are freaking out about the QB situation. Tannehill has been “exposed” for what he is but their backup QB looks years away from being a QB.
        Looking at the Titans cap - they have two pretty easy cuts: Lewan and Robert Woods. 26m of cap space. Lewan already said he knows he will be released. Plus when I saw him last - it looked like he lost a bunch of weight - like he was getting ready to retire type weight. Cunningham is another name they might release.

So the Titan can easily keep Tannehil on is contract and be fine. Maybe they move $10m or so but they have easier decisions than the Chargers

Comment

• fanatic
          Registered Chiefs Fan
          • Dec 2021
          • Southern California
          • Realtor
          • Send PM

FYI. Chiefs had 20 of their last 22 picks on the Super Bowl Roster. Rookies that played in the SB included Pacheko, Moore, Cook, McDuffie, Karlaftis, Watson, Williams, and Chenal . Toney a mid season trade. Toney was a 2021 first rounder so KC has the 5th year option. Chiefs gave a red shirt to an undrafted injured receiver named Ross. The guy looked great in camp but had some serious injuries in college so he went on IR. Ross is one the the fastest humans and has unlimited potential if he can be healthy. Has now spent over a year catching passes with Mahomes.

You have to hit on the majority of picks to stay competitive with an ELITE QB salary. Chiefs have 10 more picks in the next draft and will pick up some extra picks in 2024 as a few top free agents leave.

Retooled this year and won the SB.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
            FYI. Chiefs had 20 of their last 22 picks on the Super Bowl Roster. Rookies that played in the SB included Pacheko, Moore, Cook, McDuffie, Karlaftis, Watson, Williams, and Chenal . Toney a mid season trade. Toney was a 2021 first rounder so KC has the 5th year option. Chiefs gave a red shirt to an undrafted injured receiver named Ross. The guy looked great in camp but had some serious injuries in college so he went on IR. Ross is one the the fastest humans and has unlimited potential if he can be healthy. Has now spent over a year catching passes with Mahomes.

You have to hit on the majority of picks to stay competitive with an ELITE QB salary. Chiefs have 10 more picks in the next draft and will pick up some extra picks in 2024 as a few top free agents leave.

You're the only KC fan I like. Haha.
            congratulations.
            See you next season.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Yes, Congrats on the win

And this is how you do it. Not only hit on draft picks but stockpile draft picks to give yourself more options. Always trying to improve the roster as well. Like bringing in John Ross - who knows what he brings.

Sometimes you just have to know what football players make sense for your roster.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Good thing for KC these guys don't count against the cap.

Screenshot_20230213_120905_YouTube.jpg

Comment

• fanatic
                  Registered Chiefs Fan
                  • Dec 2021
                  • Southern California
                  • Realtor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

You're the only KC fan I like. Haha.
                  congratulations.
                  See you next season.
                  Thanks. I still feel the Chargers will take the next step. KC has had a lot of good luck the past few years. Few killer injuries, draft picks, timing playing other teams with injuries and some in game breaks in the big games. NFL salary cap should keep teams from dominating. If not for great drafts KC would be winning less. No doubt KC wins because Mahomes is special. I think Herbert can be special too. He has all the talent just needs a healthier offense to take that next step. I like your new OC choice. See you guys next season. Should be a real battle.

Comment

• fanatic
                    Registered Chiefs Fan
                    • Dec 2021
                    • Southern California
                    • Realtor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                    Good thing for KC these guys don't count against the cap.

Screenshot_20230213_120905_YouTube.jpg
                    Excuses. Thats how losers think. Everything is a conspiracy. Maybe and thats maybe........ they get the ball and tie the game. Maybe? They did not stop the KC offense in that second half so why would it be different in OT? Their DB admitted it was a hold. If Shuster is not held its likely a TD. He had the DB beat on the out move.

Philly had plenty of chances to put KC away and did not do it. They got a few calls too. Bottom line is they were out played in every facet in the second half. They could not sack a wounded QB. They could not get their running game going except for their QB. They gave up a 65 yard punt return. They did not make enough plays in crunch time to win. Fact: Their top receiver said he knew they were going to lose when they kicked a field goal to lead by six 27-21.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Excuses. Thats how losers think. Everything is a conspiracy. Maybe and thats maybe........ they get the ball and tie the game. Maybe? They did not stop the KC offense in that second half so why would it be different in OT? Their DB admitted it was a hold. If Shuster is not held its likely a TD. He had the DB beat on the out move.

Philly had plenty of chances to put KC away and did not do it. They got a few calls too. Bottom line is they were out played in every facet in the second half. They could not sack a wounded QB. They could not get their running game going except for their QB. They gave up a 65 yard punt return. They did not make enough plays in crunch time to win. Fact: Their top receiver said he knew they were going to lose when they kicked a field goal to lead by six 27-21.
                      I didn't like the defensive holding call - not because it wasn't correct - more that they let a lot of stuff go the first 58 minutes of the game/

That said - you are right - the defense didn't get a stop the second half. Hurts had the one fumble that was returned for a TD. They gave up the big punt return to Toney. Chiefs deserved to win

Comment

• fanatic
                        Registered Chiefs Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Southern California
                        • Realtor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I didn't like the defensive holding call - not because it wasn't correct - more that they let a lot of stuff go the first 58 minutes of the game/

That said - you are right - the defense didn't get a stop the second half. Hurts had the one fumble that was returned for a TD. They gave up the big punt return to Toney. Chiefs deserved to win

I also wish it had not been called. The game was very exciting and that finish was set to be legendary in a good way. My take is put less officials on the field and only call obvious fouls. Mahomes first year Brady threw an int that would have sent KC to that SB. They called offsides on Dee Ford who has a finger over the line. It was away from the play and that is also not usually called. So Brady gets another chance and KC ends up losing in overtime with Mahomes not getting a chance to play. They changed the rule next season. So KC could have been in 4 of the last 5 SB.

Its unfortunate that the officiating is always a huge conversation in these games. All the cameras make it easy to find missed calls, bad calls etc. Its as bad as current politics. I dont know how it can be corrected? It would help if the announcers did not spend so much time on it. In this case the announcer went on and on and was not seeing the actual grabbing of the jersey. He went on and on and on.

THe real losers are us fans. We cant enjoy a victory without media and fans saying it was because?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I also wish it had not been called. The game was very exciting and that finish was set to be legendary in a good way. My take is put less officials on the field and only call obvious fouls. Mahomes first year Brady threw an int that would have sent KC to that SB. They called offsides on Dee Ford who has a finger over the line. It was away from the play and that is also not usually called. So Brady gets another chance and KC ends up losing in overtime with Mahomes not getting a chance to play. They changed the rule next season. So KC could have been in 4 of the last 5 SB.

Its unfortunate that the officiating is always a huge conversation in these games. All the cameras make it easy to find missed calls, bad calls etc. Its as bad as current politics. I dont know how it can be corrected? It would help if the announcers did not spend so much time on it. In this case the announcer went on and on and was not seeing the actual grabbing of the jersey. He went on and on and on.

THe real losers are us fans. We cant enjoy a victory without media and fans saying it was because?
                          Of if you want to call that kind of penalty with two minutes to go - set the tone in the first period that you are going to call offensive holding and defensive holdings. And thats a great point about Dee Ford -same thing happened with Bosa against the Jags. Why make these crucial calls - that you only call once per game - in the final few minutes.

That said - Chiefs deserved to win

Comment

Working...
                          X