• Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    Some post game thoughts:

-the D will give up yardage, as it has several holes to fill. Giving up 20 pts isn't a lot, so that's encouraging. Need to be able to score 20+ pts every week with this offense.

-need better scheme on RT side to give Herbert a little more time.

-Herbert in two games hasn't uncorked any deep bombs downfield to Guyton or Williams. Would like to see a couple of those each game.

-better discipline has to be shown by all players. The taunting penalties are unacceptable, and the number of penalties has to be reduced. Show the opposition up through your play, not by mouthing off or spinning the ball in their face. Refs are calling ticky tack fouls.

-it's only been two games, but how much better is this team and coaching staff than last year's?

I actually agree with this. I think it’s too early do say what the coaching staff is much like it’s too early to say what the chargers are, it’s a long season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I actually agree with this. I think it’s too early do say what the coaching staff is much like it’s too early to say what the chargers are, it’s a long season.
      I agree with a lot too. I still think Special Teams stink, KJ Hill put the team inside the ten. Vizcaino missed a FG and than Pipkins added 15 more yards

The offense - needs to get in some kind of sync but the coaching staff left Norton out there all alone. Leave 82 in to help block. Give Herbert some damn time.

I will say this - Staley going for 2 and going for that 4th down - there is not one coach the last 20 years that goes for it on his own 35 there.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
        I'm just going to take it easy... this team is a work in progress... losses like this are good for the team.

The team lost because of the penalties and this is something we need to work on, let the men (coaches) do their work.
        Same here. 2nd game of a new regime, making deductive conclusions on anything is silly imo.
        too many positives to worry about the negatives
        I MIGHT have a strong opinion by week 5.
        We'll be fine. Let's do work.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

I was at the game so I can’t really comment on the penalties that negated 2 Charger TDs.

I will say that Lombardi is not impressing me. Depending on a Lot of Herbert hero ball. No imagination in the offense. And the RZ failures are just horrific. With 1st and 2 I don’t care if you call 4 straight QB sneaks but you have the best center in the game and you have to be able to run that in.

team beat themselves today. Way too many penalties and mental mistakes.

you can take the team out of San Diego, hire a new fresh faced coach, get lucky with a franchise qb and still beat yourselves in a game you should have won. Smh.

staley needs to be better. Dallas only scored 20 but seemed to be able to do what they wanted.

thoroughly disappointing loss.

Comment

• lightsout42
            Hire a winning coach
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Quite_Frankly View Post

It was a winnable game without the penalties and mental errors. That is coaching. The "mastermind" boy wonder.
            Two close games, 1-1. There’s an important difference between cynicism and skepticism.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

They should be keeping an eye out for a PK’er. Vizcaino missed the fg at the end of the half and nearly missed the one at the end to tie it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still like running the ball more in the red zone. The Chargers had second and 6 before the Herbert INT - I know Allen fell down but why not run it to possibly make it short yardage. The first and goal play, where I still am not sure Cook wasn't set - why not run the ball to see if you can score. So much has to go right in the red zone with the teams and players condensed in a small area.

I think Lombardi was good week 1 - but he didn't adapt well today. I think he thought with Gregory and Lawrence out - we can block with 5
                Run behind Slater & Feiler on first down at the 2 yard line for goodness sakes.

Why try something involving the tight end in motion and then needing to get set: maybe on 3rd down, but never on 1rst in the pivotal moments of the game.

Stupid!

Does anyone think they would have scored a td on 3rd & 6, if not for the bogus Dallas sack? I don't.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Huge Cowboy crowd at SoFi today

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

disagree...... they ripped off alot of long runs(7, 8, 10+)...... we didn't really slow them down until field got smaller.... they could run whenwvwr they wanted to..... penalties were the only thing that stopped their running game.....

this defense is nothing like those Seau led defenses that flat our stuffed the run.......
                    You mean the team that went 1-15?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

At least Brandon Staley - genius commentary will take a rest for the time being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I think some patience is in order, but Staley did blow the first half clock management. There needed to be a timeout before the converted third down and not no timeout plus a huddle. That was Anthony Lynn caliber bad.

Also, the red zone play calling has been ineffective.

And there were a bunch of bad penalties today.

The talent is there, but we have not been sharp this season yet.

Next week would be a good time to bring it.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          They should be keeping an eye out for a PK’er. Vizcaino missed the fg at the end of the half and nearly missed the one at the end to tie it.
                          The missed kick before half was almost blocked. He tried to slice it around the defender. It was actually almost a really good kick.

Comment

Working...
                          X