• Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Chefs just signed Taco Charlton.

He'll have a career day against us unless we can weather the storm
    Last edited by powderblueboy; 09-21-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

From a Chef's fan:

"This will be a tough one.

I'd expect more of what we've been seeing from our defense this season. The Chargers have a retooled OL that's looked prettt good thus far. Ekeler will smoke us on the ground and through the air. Keenan Allen will be open a lot. Mike Williams will probably torch us for at least one deep 50/50 ball. We have no one capable of covering a massive Jared Cook. It'll be rough.

The only saving grace I can see is a possible Herbert mistake. He could definitely throw an INT or two.

I expect to see some urgency from the offense. The loss last night should have clued everyone in that it's the strength of our team and we'll need to win shootouts."

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        Chefs just signed Taco Charlton.

He'll have a career day against unless we can weather the storm
        My keys to this game:

7. Hit Keenan and Mike
        6. Hit of Ekeler
        5. Hit Mahhomes
        4. Double up on Hill.
        3. Make your FG's.
        2. Pound the ball.
        1B. Weather the storm LOL.
        1A. Don't let the Refs beat you.

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Watched the entire replay of the Dallas game, my take on what we need to do:

Don't start the game with the double pussy defense, can't have safeties 10-12 yds deep and DB's way off the line too.......we will never get off the field against KC.....safeties back but DB's up.

Double Hill all game, take him out and take your chances with the others

Please don't start Norton, but if no other option like Schofield, give him protection .....he doesn't belong in the NFL, he's that fricken bad. Other than Norton, Bolt line looks solid.

Please mix in a few deep balls to Guyton and Williams, take advantage of that golden arm Herbert has and keep the Chiefs honest.

Mix in some screens to Ekeler and Jackson

Surprisingly, Adderley tackling was really good, props to him.......we need to mix in some James blitzes and get after Mahommes on 3rd down.....we need to get off the field or or the D will be gassed 4th qtr.

Only play Tillery on 3rd down and long yard downs.....he gets driven back almost every play on runs :- ((

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Norton really was bad. How about Scho at LG and Feiler to RT if they think the rookie isn’t ready to put next to the rookie?

Is one week enough for Scho to acclimate?

or Scho at RG, Aboushi at LG, Feiler RT …?

or Aboushi LG, Jaimes RG … ? You get the idea
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• pigskin
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Southern Oregon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
              Watched the entire replay of the Dallas game, my take on what we need to do:

Mix in some screens to Ekeler and Jackson They tried a few against Dallas, they got blown up

we need to mix in some James blitzes and get after Mahommes on 3rd down. James needs to be in Kelsey's back pocket all day long, not blitzing.

Only play Tillery on 3rd down and long yard downs.....he gets driven back almost every play on runs :- (( I'm not sure we have anybody on the roster that would do any better

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                Chargers Hall of Fame
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Thus far our Chargers under Staley feels a lot like our Chargers under Lynn. Screens that go nowhere and throws to tightly covered receivers. Runs up the middle that produce very little. A defense that doesn't produce much of a pass rush nor a run stop. Terrible management to end the first half of a game (leading to points). Stupid penalties (and costly). Defense having trouble tackling (don't even get me started on that Dallas play to end the first half). Losing by one score (and KNOWING we would once Dallas got the ball back with time on the clock). Calls going against the Chargers more than for the Chargers. Special teams doing nothing good returning kicks. The special teams lines allowing a STRONG rush to the kicker on one side of the line.

And on it goes.

I love Staley. I love Herbert.

But, objectively speaking, this feels almost identical to a Lynn coached Charger team.

Thus far

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Dunno why but I’d love to see Jaimes at RT.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

But, objectively speaking, this feels almost identical to a Lynn coached Charger team.

Thus far
                    Ehh it feels different because we're relaying calls unto the field in time and not wasting timeouts. The first game we closed out the game like a veteran savvy team does.

The scoring plays we had were unpredictable and varied. We weren't trying to force the ball up the gut. We're leveraging rookies to make meaningful contributions.

The special teams woes well that was before Lynn's time dating back to Norv Turner.

The penalties....the whole internet and even Dallas fans knew what was up.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Dunno why but I’d love to see Jaimes at RT.
                      I know why! Because he looked natural as a tackle in college.
                      untapped resource imo, we'll likely be forced to find out soon
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

What's is Ekelers concussion status? Will be play this week?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Ehh it feels different because we're relaying calls unto the field in time and not wasting timeouts. The first game we closed out the game like a veteran savvy team does.

The scoring plays we had were unpredictable and varied. We weren't trying to force the ball up the gut. We're leveraging rookies to make meaningful contributions.

The special teams woes well that was before Lynn's time dating back to Norv Turner.

The penalties....the whole internet and even Dallas fans knew what was up.
                          And, yet, the list of similarities over these two games still stands.

You're right about one thing - our special teams woes have been with us for a long time. Not sure how that is a plus in the Brandon Staley column for changing the direction of our team.

Again, I LOVE Brandon Staley's vibe and resume. Hoping for the best.

Comment

Working...
                          X