• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Forrest Merrill 87.9 PFF grade for what it's worth. Drue Tranquill up over 80 too.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Forrest Merrill 87.9 PFF grade for what it's worth. Drue Tranquill up over 80 too.
      Love to see it
      he will have a tough one this week against the Browns as they can really run the football. Same with the Ravens.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

I agree. I loved Rivers, but at times he got too worked up and then tries to make something happen. If Rivers was playing last night, I honestly believe in the 3rd qtr when things started to look a little rough, he would have forced a pass into coverage that would have been intercepted, Herbert is calm no matter what the situation and that translates to the other players. They are playing loose and that is a good thing.
        Yep...this is why I always thought Rivers wouldn't be able to get us to the next level...for all his talent, and I did enjoy so many of his games, he unfortunately had that habit of playing hero ball in tight games...Herbie's calmness in the storm is a plus...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
          Wow...more Fireplug Forrest, please...

Comment

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

We play 2 out 3 of these teams. We'll find out if it's fiction or not that these teams don't field good defenses. The raiders came back in the second half of this game and looked much better in picking on our weaknesses. You cannot go to sleep on any of these 32 teams as their fielded with professionals and the differences are slight including inexperience and bad game tactics. The Jets finally beat a decent team with a super inexperienced QB who is greener than Green. Your comments are very close to calling someone a liar (Charge) because they're making things up all the time according to you. Just point out where they're wrong and that's a disagreement on the interpretation on the situation. Trying to continuously discredit someone all the time wears on the civility of this forum.

:smoking:
            I have never discussed where those defenses might be weeks from now. What I said was that those defense are not top 50% defenses in terms of passing yards allowed at this time. That is not a case of we will see. It is a matter of fact that that is where those defenses stack up after 4 weeks. It is true now and will always be true that that is where those defenses stacked up after 4 weeks of this season.

My comments are nowhere near calling someone a liar. My comments are 100% calling someone wrong, which is 100% objectively correct based upon the data. When I say that someone is presenting a false narrative or spouting fiction, that means nothing more than what they are saying is false, which I also said specifically. Anything else is your imagination and misinterpretation.

In instances in which I have felt that someone is deliberately providing misinformation, I have so stated with specificity. No such assertion was made in this instance.

In this case, my post is saying no more than, "Yeah, that's not true at all and here is the specific evidence that shows it to be wrong." Further, the false narrative offered did not originate with the poster in question. I have heard many people state that it is necessary to stop the run effectively to win. And while I am sure that stopping the run effectively is better than its opposite for a defense, a team does not necessarily need to do that to win in today's NFL as my numerous Super Bowl champion examples taken from the last 15 years or so clearly demonstrate.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Get off the couch and come and support. They need and deserve it. Season is still young but it’s old having to deal with these visiting fans. Sam Farmer had it 70/30 in favor of Raider fans last night. It’s embarrassing. It’s a habit for me. I’ve been going to games since I was a little kid at Balboa. I saw Hadl to Alworth live. It hooked me for life. You too is my guess. So come on out man.
              Seriously, I thank you for showing your support - even in the most hostile of crowds. That takes balls. And I really do appreciate it. Unfortunately balls that I no longer have! There's some flat out dangerous folks that go to football games. At least in my experience as a Chargers fan. I've even seen terrible fights in baseball games (in the stands). I'm not an imposing looking guy so I figure I belong in front of the TV on game-day.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Amen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Tremendous win by the Chargers. Yes, the third quarter was a tough one. But they kept it together. Covington with a huge sack forcing a long FGA and Staley keeping the foot on the gas

Oline was strong running
                  Defense was fantastic in the first half
                  Raiders took away the WR so the TEs were big

And Staley - he is coaching to win instead of not losing

the fake punt
                  the two fouth down calls
                  the challenge

So faro - so good through four games.
                  In future games, I think we should just skip the 3rd quarter and proceed directly to the 4th quarter as we have been outscored 35-3 combined in our games this year. Interestingly, we outscored the Cowboys 3-0 in the 3rd quarter in the only game we have lost this year.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I triple-dog dared anyone trying to move this man backwards one-on-one.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445247516392529924
                      Merrill is Aaron Donald light. Only 6' tall but massively strong. Oh, he's over 320 lbs too.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

https://twitter.com/i/status/1445247516392529924
                        I wish Merrill was available for the Dallas game (he had a bad toe I guess). I think we would have won that game with him playing.

Comment

• Rugger05
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Game balls alright!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X