Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I am truly shocked by the point spread. I think it is off by a full TD. We should be favored by about 3.5 points because it is a road game. I actually think we will win by more than that.

In terms of getting the money spread evenly, I am also shocked that the line is not moving and that some pundits favor taking the Ravens minus 3. It is as if nobody has watched the games of either team this year.

The Ravens should have lost to a crappy winless Detroit team and the 1-4 Colts. This year's Ravens team is nowhere near as good as some of their recent teams. They do not sack the QB at a greater rate per non-penalty drop back than we do even with all of the blitzing. And their pass defense yields nearly 300 yards per game. They have played against 4 offenses ranked 19th or worse in scoring (19th, 21st, 24th and 25th) and have given up more points than we have even though we have played against 3 of the top 6 scoring offenses (2nd, 5th and 6th).

Their special teams are good, but it is a stretch to say that they are the best in the best in the NFL. They are ranked first in punt returns and have a top kicker, but their punter is pretty average as is their kickoff return team.

Jackson will make mistakes, so we just need to focus on keeping him in the pocket and not opening up huge running lanes for him. If the game ends up being Jackson against our pass defense versus Herbert against theirs, I like our chances of winning.

While the old saying is true that on any given Sunday, one NFL team is capable of beating another, on paper at least, we have the better team and we should win.
    I agree. I we execute our defensive game plan the same as we did against Kansas City and keeping the quarterback in the pocket and limiting his ability to scramble we will win this game going away .

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Both teams need to come down off yesterday’s high.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

The Ravens and Chargers are two of the AFC’s three 4-1 teams, along with the Buffalo Bills. All three have already defeated the Kansas City Chiefs, the preseason Super Bowl favorites.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

The Ravens’ streak of consecutive games with at least 100 rushing yards was snapped at 43, keeping them tied with the 1974-77 Pittsburgh Steelers for the longest in NFL history. The streak started Nov. 18, 2018, and Baltimore ranked No. 1 in the league in rushing in 2019 and 2020.

The Ravens only managed 86 rushing yards against Indianapolis, falling 14 short on a night when their quarterback set several records with his arm. Outside of Lamar Jackson, who ran for 62 yards on 14 carries, the Ravens running game was obsolete as running backs Latavius Murray, Devonta Freeman and Ty’Son Williams had a combined 24 yards.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
            Day One...
            • Mar 2019
            • Brentwood, 94513
            • Send PM

Another week to put the NFL on notice. We all would have taken a 4-1 record with a great chance to go 5-1 at the bye. This part of the schedule was the tough part. We continue to grow and adapt as a team. We winning as a team.
            It’s the coach who has given this team the shot they needed. Their buying his kool-aid and the results continue to amaze.
            To me, this looks like an easier game than the Browns. The Ravens games have been last drive victories. That won’t happen against us. I see us having a complete game with the ball in our offense hands to take a knee, victory formation.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Just an FYI, but John Harbaugh is also an aggressive analytics guy on 4th down.
              What a breath of fresh air. I have really enjoyed his press conferences after each day of the draft. He clearly has a vision for what he wants and the detailed traits he is looking for in each position on the field. His football IQ is off the charts and he has a very clear way of articulating things. I know he has not coached a

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer of the ball. And that’s just scary. This is going to be another tough close game.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer of the ball. And that’s just scary. This is going to be another tough close game.
                  Hopefully Lamar’s still feeling his arm come Sunday. That’s what we want. He’s getting better but still streaky, and Staley’s disguised secondary will frustrate him more than the lackluster Colts.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Depends how we defend against them. We should have one defender who does nothing but shadows Lamar all game long. Baltimore has nowhere near the running game that Cleveland has.

:2cents:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Hopefully Lamar’s still feeling his arm come Sunday. That’s what we want. He’s getting better but still streaky, and Staley’s disguised secondary will frustrate him more than the lackluster Colts.
                      I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Indy sold out to stop the run and gave up the pass... and the game.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                        Wentz actually played well last night. Not only did the offense score repeatedly, in crunch time he went down and got them in position to get a field goal to put the game away. Gets blocked. After Baltimore ties it up, he takes them back down again for the game winning FG. Missed it. Then in OT, they lost the toss and never got the ball.
                        he played well a lot of the time … just not all of the time. He could have won the game and he puckered and put it on the kicker’s foot. I’d agree that should have been enough, but it wasnt. There were a few moments in the game where he reverted and wentz’d it. Tis the life of an NFL QB … Indy is not good enough to otherwise overcome 80% good.

Reich not calling timeouts when BAL had 1st down on the 2 with over 1:30 left was criminal incompetence. Its the Raven’s last series, they either score or they don’t, either way Indy is getting the ball. Instead he let them bleed it down to around 0.30-ish.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

I'm surprised no one is talking about the colts specials teams screwing up big time yesterday. Our special teams looks spectacular compared to colts train wreck special teams. They literally gave that game away. Unless we absolutely suck like in the cowboys game we aren't giving away shit like that this season. We have a much better secondary and if Baltimore makes any mistakes and we just play good we should win. I'd love nothing better than to just stun the NFL pundits on Sunday afternoon/ Monday morning. LOL! I'm just waiting for Jimmy Johnson to say "I told you so!"

:shifty:
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X