Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Who'd have thought, as the season began on opening day, that the Chiefs would have already lost three games?!?

After winning the Super Bowl... and then going through the grind of making it BACK to the Super Bowl the next year, only to get your ass kicked...

I *get* that the Chiefs, as a team, could easily be in a metaphorical adrenaline crash.

You can't have the success they had, and remain as "hungry" as you were before. Meanwhile, other teams in the division are hungrier than ever.

There's a certain degree to which this was inevitable.
    Really only the Patriots and Walsh/Montana era 49ers have been able to stay on top or close for a full decade. The Cowboys early 90’s run was basically 1/2 that

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Really only the Patriots and Walsh/Montana era 49ers have been able to stay on top or close for a full decade. The Cowboys early 90’s run was basically 1/2 that
      The Chiefs are bound to become like the Seahawks and Packers. Investing a lot in their star QB while trying to build the roster around him.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

when we beat Ravens, we had a 24 or 17 point lead in th 4th quarter...... for 3 quarters, defense kept him in the pocket..... but in 4th, Gus went conservative and let Jackson run freely and especially to the outside where he bought time..... they roared back with 2 or 3 quick scores and would have won if not for a last second strip sack that sealed a close victory in Chargers territory......

With our horrible run defense, we cannot allow the game to be close....
        They scored 14 in the 4th quarter. We won, so - it worked. Recall we had no linebackers in that game either. I agree with above, it singularly stands out to me as Gus’s one great day as Charger DC. We were underdogs, not favored.

and to restate the most obvious … JH >> PR
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TTThunder
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hopefully we can get some big legal hits on him, make him reconsider.
          This!

I noticed that K.Murray is very careful when he takes off and runs, so he was hit minimally.

However, with L.Jackson, I did not see that at all. I was wondering why other teams did not just hit him HARD to scare him off running!!

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

This!

I noticed that K.Murray is very careful when he takes off and runs, so he was hit minimally.

However, with L.Jackson, I did not see that at all. I was wondering why other teams did not just hit him HARD to scare him off running!!

Go Bolts!!!
            Easier said than done. The guy is super elusive. Hard to line up a hard hit ona guy like that.

he went to Louisville. Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Easier said than done. The guy is super elusive. Hard to line up a hard hit ona guy like that.

he went to Louisville. Floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee
                Lamar definitely makes the ball vulnerable when he’s getting tackled. Don’t think Staley hasn’t noticed that.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTThunder View Post

This!

Go Bolts!!!
                  Because Jackson is not there when you try to hit him hard. It’s more like contain and wait for help. Jackson is MVP material again this season.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Lamar definitely makes the ball vulnerable when he’s getting tackled. Don’t think Staley hasn’t noticed that.
                    Lamar really enjoys fumbling. Lets help make him happy.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

We just got lit up by Tight Ends. They also have Hollywood and his world class speed. Hill type player. Probably play them similarly to the Cheifs. Mahomes is a much better processor than Jackson and we gave him fits. I think we do some of the same. If i recall we ended up putting Campbell on Kelce often and he played well. Derwin was covering Hill a bit. But i think Derwin could be a spy on Jackson. And i like him to penetrate and get into the backfield. Im guessing Lamar will have to run a lot due to confusion. I expect staley to tie his brain in knots like he did Mahomes. Derwin could be a nice little rover type presence. Like a JOC type for us. I think the Browns drafted JOC with Jackson in mind.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Derwin James is our "anti-Jackson" weapon...he will heavily mitigate Jackson, and the Ravens have nothing else.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Derwin James is our "anti-Jackson" weapon...he will heavily mitigate Jackson, and the Ravens have nothing else.
                          So instead of 17 tackles Derwin will push it easily over 20. Would say same thing without him we have nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                          X