Chargers At Ravens Pre Game Discussion (Wk 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Depends how we defend against them. We should have one defender who does nothing but shadows Lamar all game long. Baltimore has nowhere near the running game that Cleveland has.

:2cents:
    Last year Chub / Hunt had 1,908 yds rushing. Jackson, Dobbins, Edwards had 2,533 rushing yards.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Depends how we defend against them. We should have one defender who does nothing but shadows Lamar all game long. Baltimore has nowhere near the running game that Cleveland has.

:2cents:
      Yep...who is the best candidate for our SuperSpy? Tranq gun? Derwin?

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Last year Chub / Hunt had 1,908 yds rushing. Jackson, Dobbins, Edwards had 2,533 rushing yards.
        Last year the Colts we're a playoff team and this year they stink because of special teams and other things. Things change in a year and the browns have a really good offensive line. I don't get those same vibes from Baltimore this year. Is it me?

:shock:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          The Ravens and Chargers are two of the AFC’s three 4-1 teams, along with the Buffalo Bills. All three have already defeated the Kansas City Chiefs, the preseason Super Bowl favorites.
          Who'd have thought, as the season began on opening day, that the Chiefs would have already lost three games?!?

After winning the Super Bowl... and then going through the grind of making it BACK to the Super Bowl the next year, only to get your ass kicked...

I *get* that the Chiefs, as a team, could easily be in a metaphorical adrenaline crash.

You can't have the success they had, and remain as "hungry" as you were before. Meanwhile, other teams in the division are hungrier than ever.

There's a certain degree to which this was inevitable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

We did a good job with Mahomes. But I agree, it won't be easy.
            Unless I’m forgetting a game since, they did quite well the last time they played Jackson too. In a game with basically no LBs even. BAL can win games but if Staley just has the Bolts prepped, BAL won’t win this week. I believe Staley will.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Last year the Colts we're a playoff team and this year they stink because of special teams and other things. Things change in a year and the browns have a really good offensive line. I don't get those same vibes from Baltimore this year. Is it me?

:shock:
              I watched last night’s game, i did not see a great team in the Ravens. They look off this year, particularly on defense.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...who is the best candidate for our SuperSpy? Tranq gun? Derwin?
                Unless no one else can do the job at all, I don't think you assign it to Derwin James.

He's too valuable as the defender who can do MANY things, and at the snap of the ball, the opposing QB might easily have NO idea of what Derwin's going to do.

That's a LOT to remove from the defense.

No one on the Chargers' defense is going to out-athlete Lamar Jackson, so I believe it's more about not letting him escape the pocket-- in other words, limiting him-- than it is about STOPPING him. Just limiting Jackson should be enough to allow the Bolts' offense to out-point the Ravens.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Unless I’m forgetting a game since, they did quite well the last time they played Jackson too. In a game with basically no LBs even. BAL can win games but if Staley just has the Bolts prepped, BAL won’t win this week. I believe Staley will.
                  when we beat Ravens, we had a 24 or 17 point lead in th 4th quarter...... for 3 quarters, defense kept him in the pocket..... but in 4th, Gus went conservative and let Jackson run freely and especially to the outside where he bought time..... they roared back with 2 or 3 quick scores and would have won if not for a last second strip sack that sealed a close victory in Chargers territory......

With our horrible run defense, we cannot allow the game to be close....

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

when we beat Ravens, we had a 24 or 17 point lead in th 4th quarter...... for 3 quarters, defense kept him in the pocket..... but in 4th, Gus went conservative and let Jackson run freely and especially to the outside where he bought time..... they roared back with 2 or 3 quick scores and would have won if not for a last second strip sack that sealed a close victory in Chargers territory......

With our horrible run defense, we cannot allow the game to be close....
                    JH >> PR, you can add 10 pts to the Chargers total.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Indy sold out to stop the run and gave up the pass... and the game.
                      Yeah,exactly. Not the wisest move to sell out stopping the run in the second half when you’re up by 2 scores. Want that clock rolling. On the other hand, Wentz looked completely inept throwing the ball in the second half.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Lamar Jackson is becoming a better passer of the ball. And that’s just scary. This is going to be another tough close game.
                        The Colts pass defense completely collapsed in the 4th quarter. Jackson found receivers 5-10 yds clear of coverage. The Colts became a really bad copy of the Bolts of yore, ineffective pass rush, and broken coverages, and when covered, Ravens beat their man badly.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Last year is not this year, especially on the OL.

Also, the nature of the running yards is completely different between the 2 teams.

Comment

Working...
                          X