Patriots at Chargers Pregame Discussion (wk 8)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think Belichick is the best football coach that I have seen since watching football some 45 years. Granted, I know more about the game. But for the reasons you mention
    -- not afraid to lose
    --teams seem very prepared
    --offense might run the ball 45 times one week; next will pass it 50 times
    --special teams are not a weakness
    --defense pretty much sound

Somebody said of Hoodie he is one of the few head coaches that can coach every position on the team. Staley said he hopes to be that kind of coach
    agree!..... they are both complete coaches.....understanding all phases of game....

even though BB cheats and for the most part, gets away with it, he is clearly the best...and at all phases of the game... even personnel...... he can see every flaw in an opponent, and will pick and choose the appropriate ones to force opponents to struggle....

he never gets blown out..... no matter what QB he has.....

his teams always play till the whistle...... always jump on loose balls..... always maintain discipline......

he devised schemes that almost shut out Brady and he did shut out Herbert last year...... this game easily has potential to be another ugly embarrassing loss......

i hate him not because he is brilliant, but because even though he is the best, he still finds a need to cheat......

I think Staley has the future potential for similar brilliance without the need to cheat....... but he is still learning.... years behind BB in experience.....

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree!..... they are both complete coaches.....understanding all phases of game....

even though BB cheats and for the most part, gets away with it, he is clearly the best...and at all phases of the game... even personnel...... he can see every flaw in an opponent, and will pick and choose the appropriate ones to force opponents to struggle....

he never gets blown out..... no matter what QB he has.....

his teams always play till the whistle...... always jump on loose balls..... always maintain discipline......

he devised schemes that almost shut out Brady and he did shut out Herbert last year...... this game easily has potential to be another ugly embarrassing loss......

i hate him not because he is brilliant, but because even though he is the best, he still finds a need to cheat......

I think Staley has the future potential for similar brilliance without the need to cheat....... but he is still learning.... years behind BB in experience.....
        I am aware of the Patriots and the history, But I think it was a good think the Chargers had a clunker two weeks ago - not that I like the loss. But Staley has the teams attention

I just think the offense will play better. I doubt the Patriots will run it like Balt or Cleve

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

You guys think they’ll activate justin jones for the game on sunday?
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Belichick is a better HC than Brady is a QB.

Brady was nothing special until 2007. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but he has been incredibly fortunate over the course of his career. Tampa Bay represents just the latest example of that.

Tampa Bay was 7-9 with a +9 scoring differential with 30 INT Jameis Winston at QB and without the additions of Gronk, Brown, Fournette, Wirfs, a healthy Devin White, Winfield, et cetera, in addition to Brady. They were a playoff team with even an average QB before any of the new and healthy faces joined/returned to the team.

Look at what their defense did in the playoffs last year. They would have won it all with virtually any decent QB. In the playoffs, they got to play a 7 win team in WAS. They forced 4 turnovers against NO. They forced two turnovers and had 5 sacks in overcoming 3 Brady INTs to beat GB. And they forced 2 INTs and only gave up 9 points to KC. If Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan were playing for Tampa Bay last season, they would have been every bit of the Super Bowl winning QB that Brady was last year.
            LOL.
            There is no coach greater than Michael Jordan, there is no coach greater than Gretzky, there is no HC better than Tom Brady. There is never a coach greater than the actually key player playing the game. Never ever. Its that simple. Figure it out. Get on the right side of history.

Gronk and AB and Fournette wouldn't have joined Tampa to play with Cousins or Ryan. Reported after Brady signed, an unexpected number of free agents reached out to Bucs to play with Tom Brady. And this year too. They all wanted to resign to run it back.

Sorry but this doesn't happen to the Kirk Cousins of the league. So you know, it's a good theory, but wrong for two reasons, the team roster would be different and Brady is simply a better QB and more clutch QB than the Kirk Cousins of the NFL. So No, those more turn over prone QBs like Cousins and Ryan would Not have the impact of Brady where you claim they would have been every bit of the Superbowl winning QB that Brady was. They each would have their own impact. And Brady impact on a team is greater than theirs.

There is no debate about it.
            Everyone knows Brady was the key reason for both the Patriots and Buccaneers successful season.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              All signs would indicate so, including Staley's latest presser. Assuming he suffers no setbacks, and is actually in game shape, which may have been hard to maintain with that calf, he should be a go...but I would assume they are holding off on activating him for the above reason...they want to put him through practice and see how the calf and his conditioning hold up...but I am optimistic.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

Not really. It’s evidence that the 40 isn’t that important, not that it’s overrated. Four of those players were first round picks; Thomas and Boldin were second round picks, but not solely (or even largely) because of their 40 time. The fact that these players were highly drafted despite poor 40 times (lower than the average 6th round pick!) is evidence that GMs are not placing too much emphasis on the 40-yard dash, just like Hilton isn’t evidence that GMs are placing too little.
                In Part I, we learned that there is a correlation between 40-yard dash times and wide receiver success in the NFL. In Part II, we learned that there is a correlation between 40-yard dash times and where a wide receivers gets drafted. Today: have NFL teams been properly evaluating 40-yard dash times when drafting wide

When controlled for draft status a 0.10 faster 40 times is expected to produce another 30 yards per year. It's just not that important.

The list of WR traits I look for:

1. Hands, body control, proprioception, ball judgement
                2. Route craft (ability to set up moves and get DBs on the wrong foot or leverage to respond to a cut) and complete route tree
                3. Release
                4. WR short area athletic profile (3 cone, vert/broad, 10 yard split)
                5. Attitude and mental profile
                6. Size/strength profile (Height, Weight, bench, etc)
                7. Hand size (correlates highly with hands but is a little independent)
                8. 40 time

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                  If he doesn’t have a setback like last time.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    Spoke too soon. Hopefully it’s nothing serious.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well name a HC that has a better record without his starting QB?
                      BB does have winning records with Garropolo thoough it is a small example when he has started and he won with Matt freaking Cassell and nobody else has. Ill still give him some credit but Cam is awful. 8 TD passes last season and he cant throw anymore. Hasnt been able too for a 2-3 years now. Mac Jones is looking pretty decent and will get better.

Payton went 3-1 with Taysom Hill last year when Brees went down. And went 5-1 when Bridgewater was the backup and had to play for Brees.
                      Reid when Alex Smith didn't start, went 3-0.
                      Peterson won the Super bowl with his backup QB starting. Beating Belichick in the process.

And I do remember this coach who was often got called out for being too conservative. But in a 7 years span he went from Deberg, to Krieg, to Montana, to Bono, to Grbac, to Gannon. And had winning records with all of them. Not an easy thing to do. 6 different QBs in 7 seasons and winning every year.

I'm sure there many more HC who have still won games without having an all time great starting for them. I just would have to look it up.

I just don't see Belichick in a class of his own as this great HC. My opinion is, he is a very good HC who cheats to get an advantage and was lucky to have the Goat. And it would take Belichick winning a Superbowl with Jones and no cheating scandals when winning it for me to think more of him.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Belichick is a better HC than Brady is a QB.

Brady was nothing special until 2007. He deserves to be in the Hall of Fame, but he has been incredibly fortunate over the course of his career. Tampa Bay represents just the latest example of that.

Tampa Bay was 7-9 with a +9 scoring differential with 30 INT Jameis Winston at QB and without the additions of Gronk, Brown, Fournette, Wirfs, a healthy Devin White, Winfield, et cetera, in addition to Brady. They were a playoff team with even an average QB before any of the new and healthy faces joined/returned to the team.

Look at what their defense did in the playoffs last year. They would have won it all with virtually any decent QB. In the playoffs, they got to play a 7 win team in WAS. They forced 4 turnovers against NO. They forced two turnovers and had 5 sacks in overcoming 3 Brady INTs to beat GB. And they forced 2 INTs and only gave up 9 points to KC. If Kirk Cousins or Matt Ryan were playing for Tampa Bay last season, they would have been every bit of the Super Bowl winning QB that Brady was last year.
                        Belichick did nothing as HC before Brady. Maybe they won 6 rings because they were the right fit for each other, with Brady edging out BB slightly because of his position.

And no Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan would not have done the same things as Brady and be in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Belichick did nothing as HC before Brady. Maybe they won 6 rings because they were the right fit for each other, with Brady edging out BB slightly because of his position.

And no Kirk Cousins and Matt Ryan would not have done the same things as Brady and be in the Super Bowl.
                          Tomlin should get a lot more credit.
                          15 season and never once a losing season.
                          Even when he had to play Duck Hodges or Rudolph most of 2019 season.
                          And he doesn't have any cheating scandals. Except the obvious one everyone saw when he stepped on field on the return getting in the way of the returner. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X