Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe, but not in this case. Johnson had 2 catches for 16 yards with the Jags before getting cut and has zero catches with the Raiders. Yep, he made a good ST play to force a fumble but that wasn't the argument for keeping him by some here - it was how great of a WR he was.
    Johnson the special teams ace....he's grasping at straws now.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How bout running for a first down on 3rd and 23?
      As long as it's not 4th and 29, I'm good.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Feiler was blocking the defensive lineman at the time......it was the wrong call.

Here is the rule:

In gridiron football, an ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty called against the offensive team when a forward pass is thrown while a player who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass
        that's what I thought of the call as well...he wasnt running free downfield...he was engaged in a block and it was barely downfield...maybe 3 yards? BAD call IMO.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

that's what I thought of the call as well...he wasnt running free downfield...he was engaged in a block and it was barely downfield...maybe 3 yards? BAD call IMO.
          Yeah! He was in constant contact that began at the line of scrimmage and went 3 yards forwards.
          Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-10-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
            Wrong.

Watch it again if you DVR’d it.

The Raiders were about to snap the ball to run a real play with 4 seconds left on the play clock. They were not kneeling down.

Now who’s to say if that play would have been as successful as the next play. 20/20 hindsight, sure I’d have preferred to see what would have happened, probably not a 10
            yard run. We’ll never know. But the Raiders were running a play to get as many yards as they could.
            At the very least, the Raiders were satisfied with a 60 yard field goal attempt on that final set of downs....indicated by running it 3 straight times starting from their 46 yard line. If you look at the stats, most Raider rushes went for two yards or less.....they made hey with the long runs.

Chargers had a lot of tackles for losses. Some defensive goofs on passing downs bailed out the Raiders too often.
            Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-10-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
              Looks like going for it on 4th and 1 at the 18 was the right call from an analytics side of things. Now the actual play that Lombardi called...that's another story.

https://twitter.com/ben_bot_baldwin/...79542770524165
              FUCK analytics! Sometimes you gotta go with the flow of the game. I didnt feel good about, or like, that decision when they lined up, then I was FURIOUS with the actual outcome.

Comment

• dcblanton
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I've never been a conspiracy theorist or had it out for refs, but 10/4 shows that it certainly wasn't officiated evenly. The PI on Harris should've been waved off. Tyreek Hill wasn't getting to that ball, much less Zay Jones. The hold on Waller and the Man down Field also were ticky tack at best.
                So, again, all of the penalties were valid, but the refs should have ignored them.

Do you have examples of when the Raiders committed penalties that didn't get called?

For the record, all of them were valid penalties. Yes, rooting for the Chargers I was hoping the PI would be waived off and could see the argument, but it isn't like there wasn't pass interference.

And, I don't remember the refs missing any blatant calls for the raiders. But, let me know if I am wrong.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

I thought Zay Jones took a dive in the end zone, he was barely touched in the back, he acted like he was shot.

The refs missed that facemask on Derwin actually.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

I hope FLEET's okay. Has he chimed in after the game?

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

So, again, all of the penalties were valid, but the refs should have ignored them.

Do you have examples of when the Raiders committed penalties that didn't get called?

For the record, all of them were valid penalties. Yes, rooting for the Chargers I was hoping the PI would be waived off and could see the argument, but it isn't like there wasn't pass interference.

And, I don't remember the refs missing any blatant calls for the raiders. But, let me know if I am wrong.
                      Not the case. It’s not PI if the ball is uncatchable. That ball was not catchable. Feiler should not have been flagged for being downfield as he was engaged and blocking. The rule is printed above. Nwosu should not have been flagged for holding. Dungy explained that.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                        Registered Dude
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Westminster, MA
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
                        I thought Zay Jones took a dive in the end zone, he was barely touched in the back, he acted like he was shot.

The refs missed that facemask on Derwin actually.
                        They did.

But they also missed a roughing call on the Raiders in the 1st half when Herb got smacked in the face after the pass.

I don't think any rational person can say that was an evenly called game.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

How bout running for a first down on 3rd and 23?
                          ^^^THIS^^^ I feel was where we lost it. The turds were basically giving up on that play thinking just to get a few yards and punting. But NOBODY decided to defend the pretty obvious draw play.

Comment

Working...
                          X