Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fanatic
    Registered Chiefs Fan
    • Dec 2021
    • Southern California
    • Realtor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

If the field goal gets blocked and run back for a touchdown they are out of the playoffs.
    Could be they did not want to start off playing in KC vs Cinn.? Kc roasted them twice.

Comment

• BoltGuyFromNY
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Could be they did not want to start off playing in KC vs Cinn.? Kc roasted them twice.
      If the Chargers had a coach like yours they would be the #1 seed.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yep. That was the way I saw it as well. Other side of the field from the play and no impact on the play. That same penalty cost us a TD against Dallas, another game heavily influenced by the refs.
        Feiler was blocking the defensive lineman at the time......it was the wrong call.

Here is the rule:

In gridiron football, an ineligible receiver downfield, or an ineligible man downfield, is a penalty called against the offensive team when a forward pass is thrown while a player who is ineligible to receive a pass is beyond the line of scrimmage without blocking an opponent at the time of the pass

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Was thinking the same. KC would have smashed the Raiders, again.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
            Registered Dude
            • Sep 2018
            • Westminster, MA
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dcblanton View Post

So, your complaint is that there was a penalty, but it shouldn't be called?

Players are called all the time for penalties that didn't have an impact on the play.

I was pulling for the Chargers. I felt like the Chargers were the better team. As a fan of the Chiefs, I wanted the Chargers in the playoffs because I felt like they had a chance to knock off the Titans if they made it through to the next round.

Even as someone who was pulling for the Chargers, I didn't see a poorly called game. Bad calls are made in every game. This one seemed pretty evenly called.
            Called evenly?

Yeah, not even close.

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Ive never seen Joey Bosa miss on so many tackles this year. He even whiffed on that last run by Jacobs, could have stopped him before the 1st down marker. Get this guy some damn help already.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                • Feb 2019
                • Midwest
                • Local 150 operating engineer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Conventional wisdom has the Chargers punting there, but also attempting a FG on 4th and 2 from the 19 yard line in the 2nd quarter, where Staley went for it, they converted, and scored a TD on the next play. That was +4 pts over a successful FG, while the failed 4th and 1 was -3 as the Raiders kicked a FG. Net it was +1 pts.
                IMO, there's more variables than just analytic stats in a vacuum. Even if you only look at risk/reward on those two plays. One was good call regardless of the success of the play. The other one was not worth the risk. but that's my .02

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

Called evenly?

Yeah, not even close.
                  I've never been a conspiracy theorist or had it out for refs, but 10/4 shows that it certainly wasn't officiated evenly. The PI on Harris should've been waved off. Tyreek Hill wasn't getting to that ball, much less Zay Jones. The hold on Waller and the Man down Field also were ticky tack at best.

Comment

• electricgold
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Needed our stars to show out and they didn’t. Keenan with another bad drop. Bosa made one play all night. Derwin was occupied with Waller which took him out of most plays. Herbert, Ek and MW played well.
                    No doubt we need to add a few star players with ice water in their veins because we all know how this coach is going to coach... There are certain players in the league whom I bet would love to play in LA under the bright lights.... Oh yeah our coach is RECKLESSSSSSS.... according to the ex. jets coach on TV claiming Staley never earned his stripes, etc. etc. etc and is ripping into him as the reason the Chargers Lost.... Again because we have a coach that is going to coach games in this manner we should in fact make it a requirement for any new player brought aboard, are you the sort of player that wants to go for it on 4th and whatever???. Would love to see a good DC brought aboard as well to just focus on our D and getting through to the players. It seems every team this year beat us the same way. They ran the ball...because we couldn't stop the run....They stopped our running game because we didn't have a workhorse RB and they double teamed Bosa on almost every play and exposed our players that didn't fit our system.

Comment

• BT3241
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2020
                      • Send PM

The story i keep hearing is the time out called in OT gave the Raiders a rest to regroup bad move by the coach. Some were scratching their head over that move saying it cost the Chargers the game..

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I've never been a conspiracy theorist or had it out for refs, but 10/4 shows that it certainly wasn't officiated evenly. The PI on Harris should've been waved off. Tyreek Hill wasn't getting to that ball, much less Zay Jones. The hold on Waller and the Man down Field also were ticky tack at best.
                        Let's face it it almost seemed like the league declared we are going to make this year about Ben's last stand and Herbert can wait until next year...... Sigh anyway if the Chargers come out and play their game the better team wins, they beat themselves. . .

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Could be! However, Cincy manhandled them in Vegas about 4 weeks ago.

Going to Cincy could not be a pleasant thought.

Comment

Working...
                          X