Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

True Blueman.........but it didn't help that JH hit Cook on a beautiful 32 yd pass completion on the first play in OT.......the refs nullifies it with the ticky tack down field call against Fieler penalty......now I we are 5 yds backward instead of 32 forward.......and Feiler was engaged just a few yards downfied, that sucked shouldn't have been called.
    Yeah, sucks playing against the refs.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

True Blueman.........but it didn't help that JH hit Cook on a beautiful 32 yd pass completion on the first play in OT.......the refs nullifies it with the ticky tack down field call against Fieler penalty......now I we are 5 yds backward instead of 32 forward.......and Feiler was engaged just a few yards downfied, that sucked shouldn't have been called.
      That play ended up not mattering because we still converted deep in their territory on that MW reception. It still sucked to not get a TD there though.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

If this wasnt a weird game that could get you in the playoffs with a tie, does anyone else think that Staley would have gone for 2 after the TD at the end of regulation?
        I understand the conservative decision to kick the extra point for overtime but I was kind of expecting a "john harbaugh" type of decision to win or lose with a 2 point attempt.

we have to have a 2 point play up our sleeves for that exact scenario. I think he does but thought it too risky, even for him.
        .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
        .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
        .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
        .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
        .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
        .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
        .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
        .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
        .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          If this wasnt a weird game that could get you in the playoffs with a tie, does anyone else think that Staley would have gone for 2 after the TD at the end of regulation?
          I understand the conservative decision to kick the extra point for overtime but I was kind of expecting a "john harbaugh" type of decision to win or lose with a 2 point attempt.

we have to have a 2 point play up our sleeves for that exact scenario. I think he does but thought it too risky, even for him.
          I was wondering why he didn’t go for a 2. But the tie in the back of his mind probably did play into it. Same with not going for it on 4th and 6 on our OT drive. I wonder how analytics play into ties lol.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

That play ended up not mattering because we still converted deep in their territory on that MW reception. It still sucked to not get a TD there though.
            Bad call on the Cook play but on 3rd and 6, Heyward commuted DPI on Guyton clear for all except the refs to see. Hit him before the ball arrived. Horrible no call

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I was wondering why he didn’t go for a 2. But the tie in the back of his mind probably did play into it. Same with not going for it on 4th and 6 on our OT drive. I wonder how analytics play into ties lol.
              That was a head scratcher. We had them on their heels, scored 2 TDs in the last 4+ minutes of the game, they were gassed, we were gassed, all the reasons for going for it on 4th down were there. You want the ball in your best player’s hands with the game on the line don’t ya?

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Most people are critical of Staley for being too aggressive,
                I'm disappointed that he wasn't agressive enough
                haha
                .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Most people are critical of Staley for being too aggressive,
                  I'm disappointed that he wasn't agressive enough
                  haha
                  It’s when your aggressive. Going for it from your own 18 vs going for 2 to end the game

Comment

• TTThunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

1. If I were the Raiders HC, I would just want to get in the playoff, so giving it all for a win will not be my approach... (save yourself for the next match!)

2. Once in the playoff, it is reset. Every one is 0-0.

Why will you need to try to avoid the Chiefs?? If you want to win the superbowl, you charge straight through any opponents in your way!

Heck, I'd rather win at KS next to get more momentum going forward!

3. I also don't want * next to my superbowl accomplishment that I won because I was lucky not facing the Chiefs...

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That was a head scratcher. We had them on their heels, scored 2 TDs in the last 4+ minutes of the game, they were gassed, we were gassed, all the reasons for going for it on 4th down were there. You want the ball in your best player’s hands with the game on the line don’t ya?
                      We had a chance in OT. Otherwise I would have been more mad about not going for 2. The tie was also in the back of my mind.

Comment

• TTThunder
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

We had a chance in OT. Otherwise I would have been more mad about not going for 2. The tie was also in the back of my mind.
                        Hmm....

//Conspiracy theory on

Not going for 2 at the end of the half may have 'signaled' to the Raiders that we are open for a tie...

Not going for it in OT as usual, may have sent a 'stronger' signal...

However, the timeout in OT sent a different signal (that we want to preserve time and try to win)...

Thus, the Raiders changed their mind and here we are...

//Conspiracy theory off

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

So you’re telling me that if Staley had tried the 2 and didn’t get it, you wouldn’t have been mad at him for not settling for the tie and a playoff berth?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍