Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SDBORN
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

This was a playoff game, for all intent and purposes. We now know that Herbert can put the team on his back... and he almost won it if he was perfect on his pass to Mike Williams in the endzone in OT. Shoot, if not for the Ineligible penalty, they would be in much better shape for the walkoff TD.
    Herbert really showed remarkable grit.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We scored 32 points and put up 450 yards of offense - not sure how clowned that is.

Fumbled punt, missed FG, going for it on 4th down deep in your own territory, some bad penalties and the D allowing a 3rd and 23 conversion on a run are why we lost.
      They went 30 minutes without scoring and found themselves down by 15 near the end....that's not good.
      They put up a ton of yards in desperation time (the final 3 drives); and yet, they were not exactly a smooth oiled motion ....Herbert constantly bailed them
      out on 4rth down with some improbable passes.

Except for the two 1rst half scores, the offense looked confused as to how to exploit the Raider D all night.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Herbert really showed remarkable grit.
        Him and the young receivers. KA did almost nothing to earn his paycheck but I heard that he was double teamed most of the game hard.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I think Hayward was worth keeping, but Perryman was often hurt and the others were just average or below, but they fit Gus Bradley's system. Hopefully Staley will find players that will work with his system.
          I. Think keeping Heyward would have been OK, Perhaps we would not have had to endure Cambells pretty darn bad play

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Man, sometimes he reminds me of Chris Long as an edgerusher. Highly touted coming out of college...certainly a good player with a long career, but not an absolute gamewrecker. I think Crosby was more disruptive tonight than Bosa was all season.
            Everyone is disruptive vs. Norton.
            Bosa did get the strip sack late in the game but Jones couldn't recover it.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• bolthead123
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • San Diego
              • I work in IT.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Spanos went cheap throwing darts hoping to hit again with an inexperienced head coach. We once again have to hope it pans out while Herbert's rookie contract is on the clock.
              That is the Spanos way. The organization has a less than stellar reputation with the overall NFL coaching community.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm not saying he had a flawless rookie season as coach...but he showed enough. Let's see how he grows and develops from this.
                This. We have a young & bright head coach that is on a learning curve. Our biggest problem is a lack of talent, that's not on Staley, it's on TT. A more talented DL wouldn't have let the Raiders get within scoring range on their last field goal. Our needs are many, but the HC is not one of them. You can only scheme so much, but if you haven't the talent to execute the schemes then you are screwed. A shut-down corner would be nice as well as an IDL that can penetrate & disrupt consistently. I think the raiders were going for the win from the outset, and any talk of them going for the tie is bullshit. All of this post-game talk about a tie is just having a little fun at Staley's expense. I can appreciate that, hopefully we would do the same. Maxx Crosby is a beast.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

This. We have a young & bright head coach that is on a learning curve. Our biggest problem is a lack of talent, that's not on Staley, it's on TT. A more talented DL wouldn't have let the Raiders get within scoring range on their last field goal. Our needs are many, but the HC is not one of them. You can only scheme so much, but if you haven't the talent to execute the schemes then you are screwed. A shut-down corner would be nice as well as an IDL that can penetrate & disrupt consistently. I think the raiders were going for the win from the outset, and any talk of them going for the tie is bullshit. All of this post-game talk about a tie is just having a little fun at Staley's expense. I can appreciate that, hopefully we would do the same. Maxx Crosby is a beast.
                  Staley would never say or admit to it, but I wonder how much the defensive woes play into his decision making regarding 4th down. Who knows.

If he's stupid reckless next year then we can bring out the pitchforks.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• AZBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think he has a really, really low football IQ. After 2 years he is still utterly lost out there.
                    True Dat

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

I’m sorry but Staley playing Murray that much was inexcusable and saying he’s a better man cover guy than Kyzir just makes me think he s not cut out for this. Murray should never be on the field ahead of Kyzir

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Raiders don't have a shut down corner, nor someone on the interior who can consistently disrupt.
                        Brandon Facyson is one of their starting corners.

Too much talk sometimes on the deficit in Charger talent hamstringing Staley.

Staley's first year was not a success, and he certainly demonstrated less than Mike McCoy his first year.
                        He needs to improve.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          I’m sorry but Staley playing Murray that much was inexcusable and saying he’s a better man cover guy than Kyzir just makes me think he s not cut out for this. Murray should never be on the field ahead of Kyzir
                          Why was Murray in on 3rd and 8 - the play where he bailed Car out with the p.i.;
                          and then they put him in on another 3rd and long....why?

Comment

Working...
                          X