Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread / Post Game Discussion (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
    The thing I just don't get is, with Norton getting abused by Crosby on almost every play, why didn't they give Pipkins a series to see how he did? I can't believe I'm suggesting inserting Pipkins voluntarily, but I am. He looked very good in the last two games he started due to injury.
    Yep! And why the hell was Murray out there on 3rd down passing situations where he was put in coverage.

Its almost like Staley wanted to lose that game.....maybe, they have next year in mind and a higher draft position, and easier schedule....because next year is the push year arf, arf, arf!!!

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

God i miss Marty Schottenheimer.

They were a bad team who kicked the Raiders butt on the final game of 03 and got the top pick in the draft to boot.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Staley reminds me of the description by skinRamone of Norv losses: a cluster fuck of misery where you can't pinpoint anyone thing.

Am i finished with venting....hell no!

The honeymoon is officially over.

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasEire View Post
          SD the dumbest team in the league.

Dumb teams always lose.
          Speaking of mental errors, the team has not played in San Diego since the 2016 season.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
            Registered Dude
            • Sep 2018
            • Westminster, MA
            • Send PM

Get Up crew blisters Staley:

Comment

• fanatic
              Registered Chiefs Fan
              • Dec 2021
              • Southern California
              • Realtor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post
              Upon further review I retract my support for Staley. Seems to be stuck in I am the only one that can solve this, mindset. Over coaching and simply weird in game decisions. If he gets some mental help, see a therapist, he may show up a more stable leader next season. He did cost the Chargers the KC loss and Raider loss. Maybe others too.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Mad Max Crosby was in Herbert's face on almost every play late in the game, hitting him and knocking him down on multiple occasions. But after the game, there was a shot of Crosby seeking out Herbert and giving him a brief embrace and smiling while talking to him, presumably congratulating him and expressing his admiration for the young QB. Herbert engenders that kind of respect.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • New Jersey
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  Yep! And why the hell was Murray out there on 3rd down passing situations where he was put in coverage.

From Popper, during the game:

Comment

• Berserker76
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Mad Max Crosby was in Herbert's face on almost every play late in the game, hitting him and knocking him down on multiple occasions. But after the game, there was a shot of Crosby seeking out Herbert and giving him a brief embrace and smiling while talking to him, presumably congratulating him and expressing his admiration for the young QB. Herbert engenders that kind of respect.
                    Yep, Crosby is one nasty football player but still has some class. We could use some of those. Come on haters, light me up!

Comment

• DallasEire
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Speaking of mental errors, the team has not played in San Diego since the 2016 season.

This franchise will forever be the San Diego Chargers.

Fuck that shithole of LA

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Midwest
                        • Local 150 operating engineer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

Sure easy to say now that “was a good call regardless of the results”’, but if they didn’t convert it Al Michaels, Chris Collingsworth and you would have been saying “Take the points” by passing up a FG attempt. People only remember the misses.
                        Who cares what al and chris think. Most of their takes are about as deep as a cereal bowl.

Beginning of 2nd Q 19 going in: Taking the points was fine. Going for it was fine.

Going for it on your own 18, in the third, behind in a 3 point game...dude. Hello? Situational football? Hard to make a case for it.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

There were an uncomfortable amount of plays towards the end of the game where Cook would line up outside of Crosby and Norton and it's like "oh good, they're gonna start chipping him with Cook" and then Cook just sprints past him untouched.

Comment

Working...
                          X