Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Florida fan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Actually, I like what TT did with Slater, Zion and Salyer...plus the FA signings...O trench is improved...now we still have issues at DT stopping the run...but the biggest thing holding us back is the coaching...time to clean house...
    I guess we have to wait until season is over before we can GIVE TT CREDIT. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST SEASON AS GM. he has missed year in year out in the trenches. I just don’t think he has put together a good team since he has been in power. He has also been paid to learn on the job for 9 yrs. Unless we go deep into PO, time to clean house.

Comment

• lightsout42
      Hire a winning coach
      • Oct 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

I guess we have to wait until season is over before we can GIVE TT CREDIT. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST SEASON AS GM. he has missed year in year out in the trenches. I just don’t think he has put together a good team since he has been in power. He has also been paid to learn on the job for 9 yrs. Unless we go deep into PO, time to clean house.
      My sense is that TT put together a good team this season—probably his best ever. But it lacked depth in a few places, some of which is due to the salary cap (in hindsight, they should have not signed JC Jackson and used that space for Edge, to name one example) and some probably due to overconfidence at a few positions.

However, unless this team competes well in the playoffs, it’s time to move on.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

My sense is that TT put together a good team this season—probably his best ever. But it lacked depth in a few places, some of which is due to the salary cap (in hindsight, they should have not signed JC Jackson and used that space for Edge, to name one example) and some probably due to overconfidence at a few positions.

However, unless this team competes well in the playoffs, it’s time to move on.
        JC Jackson is our Russell Wilson.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Ouch...hope it's not true...on the bright side, at least JC isn't our Lazy Gaither...so far...

Comment

• lightsout42
            Hire a winning coach
            • Oct 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ouch...hope it's not true...on the bright side, at least JC isn't our Lazy Gaither...so far...
            Hard to be simply lazy when you can’t play.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

JC Jackson can't be our R. Wilson.
              We didn't lose draft choices for him.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                True...we did pay a lot for JC...the Donks, on the other hand, paid a ton for Wilson, AND coughed up TWO first round picks, TWO second round pick, a fifth rounder, Lock, Fant and DL Shelby Harris...I wouldn't mind Fant on our team...

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  The market is different for QBs and CBs both both got the top of market with significant guarantees and JC underperformed dramatically for us as Wilson has for Denver. Now both or one may turn it around but as of today big mistakes.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

Yes, fire TT.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Remember when CB Larry Brown cashed in following Super Bowl XXX? Brown signed a hefty free-agent contract with the Oakland Raiders, though he failed to even come close to the player he was in 1995. He made just one start for the Raiders in two seasons.

[jwplayer 6gvzd7tD-ThvAeFxT] Almost everyone remembers the story of Super Bowl XXX MVP Larry Brown as it was one of the most improbable MVPs in the league’s history. Playing opposite of Deion…

Reminds me also of Malcolm Butler. Damn, wouldn't it have been nice if the Chargers front office had gone after Stephon Gilmour instead of JC Jackson?

Malcolm Butler contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• Attack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Send PM

The market is different for QBs and CBs both both got the top of market with significant guarantees and JC underperformed dramatically for us as Wilson has for Denver. Now both or one may turn it around but as of today big mistakes.
                        Did you call signing JC Jackson a mistake when he was first signed? For me, I was pumped when TT signed JC. I'm not going to knock TT about the signing now if I didn't knock him for it originally.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Did you call signing JC Jackson a mistake when he was first signed? For me, I was pumped when TT signed JC. I'm not going to knock TT about the signing now if I didn't knock him for it originally.
                          I'm going to frame this differently; Telesco should be fired as he has a franchise QB, and multiple Pro Bowlers on offense and defense and they are flirting with missing the playoffs entirely. Telesco has been here 10 years with 0 AFC West titles to his credit, while his predecessor won 5 titles in 10 seasons.

This is about accountability. The Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos have already completed clean sweeps, stands to reason that the Chargers should follow suit.

Comment

Working...
                          X