Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Lack of depth, or injuries? That's the question Spanos has to answer. And I have zero confidence he'll get it right.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

QUOTE=ghost;n1423314]

I'm going to frame this differently; Telesco should be fired as he has a franchise QB, and multiple Pro Bowlers on offense and defense and they are flirting with missing the playoffs entirely. Telesco has been here 10 years with 0 AFC West titles to his credit, while his predecessor won 5 titles in 10 seasons.

This is about accountability. The Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos have already completed clean sweeps, stands to reason that the Chargers should follow suit.[/QUOTE]

In your first sentence you disproved your own point about firing Telesco.

mom son GIF

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
        QUOTE=ghost;n1423314]

I'm going to frame this differently; Telesco should be fired as he has a franchise QB, and multiple Pro Bowlers on offense and defense and they are flirting with missing the playoffs entirely. Telesco has been here 10 years with 0 AFC West titles to his credit, while his predecessor won 5 titles in 10 seasons.

This is about accountability. The Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos have already completed clean sweeps, stands to reason that the Chargers should follow suit.

mom son GIF[/QUOTE]

How does he disprove his point?
        He's in charge of personnel, assembled a group of pro bowlers (is this what you are focusing on?) but the rest of the roster and depth are crap, so they go no where.

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

mom son GIF
          How does he disprove his point?
          He's in charge of personnel, assembled a group of pro bowlers (is this what you are focusing on?) but the rest of the roster and depth are crap, so they go no where.[/QUOTE]

If you can’t see it you clearly don’t want to. Enjoy the hate fest.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

If you can’t see it you clearly don’t want to. Enjoy the hate fest.
            So you make a comment, are asked to explain what you meant by it and refuse to do so.
            Perhaps you sensed your mistake in thinking that a few pro bowlers makes a complete roster;
            perhaps you wanted to say that the coaching staff sucks and can't properly take advantage of what Telesco has offered.
            I guess we will never know, because you refused to respond.

And then you end things with a pathetic visual display about 'getting played',
            and follow it up with a stupid comment about my participating in a hate fest.

What is hateful about saying that Telesco is not a good GM?
            Are you always this sensitive?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

As an outsider observing the discussion here, I have to say that I agree with some views expressed that differ from the prevailing views.

What is the current state of the Chargers, what is the projection for the future, and what is the pathway to success ?

I am quite optimistic.

It is unfortunate that discussions amongst fellow Charger fans devolve into arguments involving debating techniques.

This is really a matter of judgement calls about football.

It will take time for the truth to be revealed.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                As an outsider observing the discussion here, I have to say that I agree with some views expressed that differ from the prevailing views.

What is the current state of the Chargers, what is the projection for the future, and what is the pathway to success ?

I am quite optimistic.

It is unfortunate that discussions amongst fellow Charger fans devolve into arguments involving debating techniques.

This is really a matter of judgement calls about football.

It will take time for the truth to be revealed.
                We have 7 games left for the truth to be revealed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

^ QFT...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Some how, I feel that it will be less than conclusive after the final 7 games, and that the factions will lock horns again, and then once again for good measure.

Playoffs or some resounding embarrassment on the football field would be helpful.

Comment

• Florida fan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This is about accountability. The Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos have already completed clean sweeps, stands to reason that the Chargers should follow suit.
                      Very well said, but he has had 2 Franchise QBs. I still believe his biggest weakness is not finding the right coaches to go with his average GM skills.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

Very well said, but he has had 2 Franchise QBs. I still believe his biggest weakness is not finding the right coaches to go with his average GM skills.
                        Yep...stop the madness and clean house...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I am gonna frame it like this. Our problems have to do with nuts and bolts things, which are very boring, and do not equate with good discussion.

TPB has social media superstar wannabes...bad mix.

A main problem here is that loutish, knee jerk, look-at-me takes defeat a solid football discussion amongst fellow Charger fans.

We need better performance from players, better player development. Consistency, with correct techniques are the answer.
                          That is plainly apparent, starting with what leads to our second half letdowns.

We are scoring in the first half of games.

Now let's point to the defensive struggles. The absence of Joey Bosa and JC Jackson cannot be overemphasized. This was our plan.

JC in shutdown, INT mode would have made the field smaller.

In past seasons, teams would start to march down the field. Joey would eventually make big plays. The result was better Red Zone defensive efficiency.

TPB is in maximum spitball mode. It is a consensus. What a shame. Y'all are missing the story, and with perfectly bad timing.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X