• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sometimes a one year rental can pay dividends, ask the Rams.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Why rent a TE one year at a time? With a hot young QB, the value is in skill position player he can develop with long term. If Parham is the man fine get a late round development guy if he is not signing a guy under 28 make more sense or draft the guy that you feel can be the man.
      Parham being the guy is a big question. 3rd rounder used on McKitty still a question.

Drafting a late rounder is yet again bringing in a question mark. Don't see that as a problem being solved.

I guess we will find out how they see it.

​​​​
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-18-2022, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have floated Ertz as a TE option over a guy like Gesicki
        Tyrann Mathieu another "popular name"
        I think I am moving on from those two names - too old

I think Telesco and Staley need to focus on how the player WILL play the next 3 years and not how they HAVE they played and don't be fooled by the name (not saying they are- but espn and nfl analysts do it - they see the name and think "hey he can still play!" )

Telesco and Staley need to scout these free agents hard, dig deep into rosters and really figure out a player and how they can develop and not decline
        Sound advice.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Parham being the guy is a big question. 3rd rounder used on McKitty still a question.

Drafting a late rounder is yet again bringing in a question mark. Don't see that as a problem being solved.

I guess we will see how they see it.

​​​​
          When time allows you to take a little deeper dive, Jolt,
          you'll see several late TEs you kinda like Y's & Flexes.
          Round 6 or 7.
          UFA market is juicy.
          We'll get draft pick of the late litter in April.
          Opportunity knocks.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I'm kind of shocked Schultz isn't getting more love around here. He seems very solid and reliable over say the Cleveland TE.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

When time allows you to take a little deeper dive, Jolt,
              you'll see several late TEs you kinda like Y's & Flexes.
              Round 6 or 7.
              UFA market is juicy.
              We'll get draft pick of the late litter in April.
              Opportunity knocks.
              Yes but those late guys are still development guys. We have 3 of those,....one being a 3rd rounder.
              Herbert needs a TE who can help now. If the staff feels Parham and McKitty are ready, then cool.

It's why I'm not looking for a TE except possibly in FA'cy. They are either good in their view or want a vet.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-18-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Yes but those late guys are still development guys. We have 3 of those,....one being a 3rd rounder.
                Herbert needs a TE who can help now. If the staff feels Parham and McKitty are ready, then cool.

It's why I'm looking for a TE except possibly in FA'cy. They are either good in their view or want a vet.

I like Jeremy Ruckert of the Ohio State University.

Kind of a Blake Jarwin situation--underused.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I like Jeremy Ruckert of the Ohio State University.

Kind of a Blake Jarwin situation--underused.
                  Had to edit my post.....I'm NOT looking for a TE in the draft.

And yes i like Ruckert and Kolar but they aren't plug and play. TE I think is low on the list in the draft and think we will get a vet if anything.

Just my feeling on it.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

I’m not sure those of us who think we can not keep Williams is just the money it may take to keep him. It makes no sense having so much money in the wr group when you have to overhaul the defense.

Williams is a stud. We or I would love to see him stay. I for one, just don’t believe the market value he will receive is going to be a price we can manage. He is that good and teams would love to add him.

I can’t speak for everyone, that’s just how I see it. Hometown discount would be nice. I just don’t see it.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

PFF

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Best case: Attack the secondary in free agency and select a wide receiver in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft

Worst case: Fail to sign a veteran cornerback to fit Brandon Staley’s system

The Chargers had the second-lowest graded cornerback room in the NFL last season. They have a promising young talent in Asante Samuel Jr., but much, much more is needed. One prime candidate head coach Brandon Staley could and should be eyeing is cornerback Darious Williams from the cap-strung Los Angeles Rams. Williams thrived in Staley’s final year as the Rams' defensive coordinator in 2020, finishing as a top-five graded cornerback in the NFL. The Chargers should also look to add Bryce Callahan, who has enjoyed notable success in the Vic Fangio defense that Staley’s is built on. He owns a 90.2 coverage grade since 2017.

In the draft, it’s understandable why many mock drafts are sending Georgia interior defender Jordan Davis to the Chargers at No. 17 overall. The team needs a run-stuffer for its two-high defense. Those players can generate value, but the best option for Los Angeles with that first-round selection is at wide receiver, even if they decide to re-sign Mike Williams in free agency. The team could use a complementary piece to Keenan Allen and Williams, such as Jameson Williams and his game-changing speed. The deep connection between Herbert and Williams would regularly light up SoFi Stadium.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have floated Ertz as a TE option over a guy like Gesicki
                        Tyrann Mathieu another "popular name"
                        I think I am moving on from those two names - too old

I think Telesco and Staley need to focus on how the player WILL play the next 3 years and not how they HAVE they played and don't be fooled by the name (not saying they are- but espn and nfl analysts do it - they see the name and think "hey he can still play!" )

Telesco and Staley need to scout these free agents hard, dig deep into rosters and really figure out a player and how they can develop and not decline
                        Picking up Ertz or signing Gesicki makes letting Hunter Henry go look worse by the day. Gesicki would cost more than what Henry got and Ertz is another stop gap like Cook.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Had to edit my post.....I'm NOT looking for a TE in the draft.

And yes i like Ruckert and Kolar but they aren't plug and play. TE I think is low on the list in the draft and think we will get a vet if anything.

Just my feeling on it.
                          i really like the kid from UCLA (dulcich?), had he been in last years draft he would’ve easily gone in the 2nd round. Now he might go as low as early 4rth or late 3rd. He might climb again after the combine tho. I think he’s going to be even better at the next level. I saw him play a couple times last year and he really stood out especially in that game against LSU, yards after the catch, amazing hands, catches it in traffic, and pulls away easily from linebackers. With the curly hair coming out the back of his helmet I thought it was the second coming of Todd Christiansen out there on the field. Thing is this kid is bigger and faster than Todd was. He would be an explosive weapon for herbert.

"The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X