• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Bosa is not a DE or an OLB. He is an Edge. We play modern defensive football.
    Which apparently doesn’t include tackling. We play the pro bowl defense

Comment

• AK47
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley's defense was designed to redirect running lanes.......Not sure we were doing it right.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Joey is All-Collinsworth Honorable Mention.

For the film buffs...
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

It's the process--over the results.
          Brandon Staley
          Read reviews and buy Easy Cheese Cheddar Cheese Snack - 8oz at Target. Choose from Same Day Delivery, Drive Up or Order Pickup. Free standard shipping with $35 orders. Expect More. Pay Less.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

You need a panchakarma cleanse.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

That's funny. ..but close enough to sting.
              Clearly the Staley / Hill #30 scoring defense was not getting the job done. There are lots of excuses but who cares?
              Either it serves as a learning experience for TT and BS and gets corrected or we need new leadership.
              I believe that we will be a better complete team in '22. Personnel adds and scheme changes will make us avg or better on D & STs. How much better?
              We'll see.
              Last year we were W5 - L5 in one score games. W4 - L3 more than 1 score.
              We don't need huge changes to move the % our way.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Clearly the Staley / Hill #30 scoring defense was not getting the job done. There are lots of excuses but who cares?
                Either it serves as a learning experience for TT and BS and gets corrected or we need new leadership.
                I believe that we will be a better complete team in '22. Personnel adds and scheme changes will make us avg or better on D & STs. How much better?
                We'll see.
                Oh no.. we are close... we just need Tillery to go away and Telesco do his job in a decent manner for once this offseason....I think we are close.

I'm going to park this here and we can come back at it later in the year:

Three Takeaways: What Are Tom Telesco's Goals Heading into 2022 Season?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Oh no.. we are close... we just need Tillery to go away and Telesco do his job in a decent manner for once this offseason....I think we are close.

I'm going to park this here and we can come back at it later in the year:

Three Takeaways: What Are Tom Telesco's Goals Heading into 2022 Season?

https://www.chargers.com/news/tom-te...son-goals-2022
                  I think another offseason in 2022 like 2021 - will improve the team immensely.

But if he tries to duct tape an offseason like 2020 with Bulaga, Joseph and Harris - I don't think that will be enough or sign Akiem Hicks (just think of when he signed Thomas Davis) --

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

This is interesting.... Ive been saying allot of these things before.... TT has not done a great job at drafting after the first round and the first round TT just took the BPA's any good GM would have taken. Great GM's/organizations also find stars/future stars after the first round:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                      This is interesting.... Ive been saying allot of these things before.... TT has not done a great job at drafting after the first round and the first round TT just took the BPA's any good GM would have taken. Great GM's/organizations also find stars/future stars after the first round:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...t/id1497748763
                      I think if you look at R3 and R4 of the draft - that has been the biggest downfall of Telesco

Missed picks like Tuerk, Watt and Perry
                      Reaches like Mager and Pipkins (both in R3)
                      Traded picks (so far three in R4 and for Murray, one in R3)

Too much lost depth and talent that has to be made up for in free agency. And if you are getting cheaper veteran free agents, they are older. Or you are using UDFA types.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We'll see.
                        Part of modern football is that it is such a games inches. I would ague we do in fact need to make big changes to affect those little differences that will raise our W/L %, especially in one-score games. We can’t win shoot outs consistently with only Keenan, MWill, Herbert and Ek as our “star” O weapons. Tried that, got only halfway. If our D improves to middle of the pack, maybe, but I still look at when our O was on the field late in games and we couldn’t get the points to come away with the one-score win, all the way to the overtime period against the Raiders. Yes, the O was effing heroic getting us to overtime, but after our D held them to 3 points our O…fizzled. Had the ball, could not get 7 to get the W. Todays NFL, even in the SB the Rams had to come back, score points for the W after their D started shutting down Cincy. Simply put, D gives you the opportunity to win, but O has to get the points 98% of the time, they just have to to win. It really does take going all in in every facet. We’re not close, and we won’t get there with little changes. Herbert, yeah, we’ll always be a threat, but the better teams - or even the fucking Raiders - will put us in their rearview. We keep going the way we’re going, little changes, we’ll stay right where we are, middle of the pack, looking up and wishing.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Speaking of game of inches, remember Cousins' fluke TD pass in the Vikings game...yeah. so many little things that could have gone the other way and got us in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X