• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Matt Araiza.png

This kid is twice the punter SciFi was and commands double the price, Mike Scifres was a 5th Rounder.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Matt Araiza.png

This kid is twice the punter SciFi was and commands double the price, Mike Scifres was a 5th Rounder.
      First, Long is not and must go no matter what the replacement plan is.

Second, I watched every kick Araiza made. The ONLY reason his average was 51.5 was because in the second half of the year the offense got slightly better but not good and he had a lot of punts around midfield or slightly into opponents territory. He was dropping those “short” 40-45 yard punts inside the 10 and often inside the 5 with an amazing degree of consistency. First half of the season when the offense was truly ineffective and generating 3 and outs, he was consistently punting ~60 yarders that hung long enough for the coverage team to smother any return. His avg was > 55 ypp and he was generating +15 yards every punt trade off.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

First, Long is not and must go no matter what the replacement plan is.

Second, I watched every kick Araiza made. The ONLY reason his average was 51.5 was because in the second half of the year the offense got slightly better but not good and he had a lot of punts around midfield or slightly into opponents territory. He was dropping those “short” 40-45 yard punts inside the 10 and often inside the 5 with an amazing degree of consistency. First half of the season when the offense was truly ineffective and generating 3 and outs, he was consistently punting ~60 yarders that hung long enough for the coverage team to smother any return. His avg was > 55 ypp and he was generating +15 yards every punt trade off.
        He is an intriguing prospect thats for sure - my picks today for Araiza

The Saints
        The Patriots
        The Rams -- Hekker is getting older

Any team that has had success and has a Front Office not afraid of being bold

As for the Chargers - Telesco needs to go back to the drawing board for another punter. Since they released Scifres - and I think that was Telesco - just like kicker, its been a revolving door of inadequacy. So if Araiza is truly the real deal - I would be okay with 2nd rounder, possibly.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He is an intriguing prospect thats for sure - my picks today for Araiza

The Saints
          The Patriots
          The Rams -- Hekker is getting older

Any team that has had success and has a Front Office not afraid of being bold

As for the Chargers - Telesco needs to go back to the drawing board for another punter. Since they released Scifres - and I think that was Telesco - just like kicker, its been a revolving door of inadequacy. So if Araiza is truly the real deal - I would be okay with 2nd rounder, possibly.
          I don’t know we can afford a punter in Rd2. If someone values him as a 2, I’d rather TT solve it with a different punter. He should get us an every-down starter in Rd2. We have plenty of every-down deficiencies he can choose from to fill. But Long has to go - he takes too long to get the kick off, making blocks more likely, and his net avg speaks for itself - Mr #32.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know we can afford a punter in Rd2. If someone values him as a 2, I’d rather TT solve it with a different punter. He should get us an every-down starter in Rd2. We have plenty of every-down deficiencies he can choose from to fill. But Long has to go - he takes too long to get the kick off, making blocks more likely, and his net avg speaks for itself - Mr #32.
            Yes, when I mention R2 - it wouldn't be with the Chargers current pick. I should have clarified. I can only see if the Chargers were to trade back in R1 and get another late R2 pick, maybe early R3 on Araiza

But you are right, Ty Long is not the answer. But there also needs to be better blocking still. Better coverage

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Anyone hear any details on why the Pack released Kingsley Keke? Is he worth a look? The guy is young and doesn't seem to have a history of injuries.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Decent breakdown. Don’t agree with him on Adderley.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Decent breakdown. Don’t agree with him on Adderley.

Bottom line according to the story is, the Bolts D was doomed by injuries, lack of run-stopping DL, inconsistent tackling and busts...okay, nothing new here...

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Bottom line according to the story is, the Bolts D was doomed by injuries, lack of run-stopping DL, inconsistent tackling and busts...okay, nothing new here...
                    I don’t buy the injury excuse especially since we were relatively healthy towards the end of the year, outside of the weird Covid game against the Texans.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I don’t buy the injury excuse especially since we were relatively healthy towards the end of the year, outside of the weird Covid game against the Texans.
                        Agreed. I think we all saw around the Ravens game the run defense was in trouble even with the team 4-1 heading into that game. I think it was not enough good players - especially on the interior of the DLine and maybe the entire DLine itself, DT and DE.

I heard a bit of Telescos presser going on today - he said this year they will focus on the entire team. Last year for sure they focused on OLine. And I get that.

But its pretty easy to see where the team needs help - we all see it : RT, IDL, CB, Edge, RB, and P too

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

I think they will get a longer term deal done with MW81. My guess today, 73.5/4 with 37g

Comment

Working...
                          X