• Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Amen,...and I do hope we trade Tillery.
    I'd rather just release him after season, for whatever compensation comes back, time to move on. I've listened, y'all been heard, he's just not worth a starting role with Chargers moving forward.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I'd rather just release him after season, for whatever compensation comes back, time to move on. I've listened, y'all been heard, he's just not worth a starting role with Chargers moving forward.
      Ok sure, but there has to be a taker. I'm talking lower pick, 5th on down. I'll take whatever.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Ok sure, but there has to be a taker. I'm talking lower pick, 5th on down. I'll take whatever.
        Unfortunately, his traits did not translate as projected. For the record I was onboard with selection in beginning, so time to admit mistake.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

I’d use him as capital to move up in a round.
          Exp…
          Our 3rd, say #32, and Tillery to move up to top 10-15 in 3rd or if some team is foolish enough to do it in the 2nd round.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’d use him as capital to move up in a round.
            Exp…
            Our 3rd, say #32, and Tillery to move up to top 10-15 in 3rd or if some team is foolish enough to do it in the 2nd round.
            Yes, that too. He has some value,. ...to somebody.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
              How much more should the Chargers offer Davante Adams over Mike Williams if at all?
              Spotrac has estimated market values for many players. Here are their estimated values for Adams/Williams:

Davante Adams: $23.9 million
              Mike Williams: $15.5 million

Davante Adams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Mike Williams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

DA: 72/979/5
              MW: 46/705/7

My biggest problem with Mike Williams is that he simply disappears in certain games (Minn, Phi, NE, Balt). 3 of those games were losses. People were excited about his game winning 53-yard TD last week. But that was a blown coverage. Before that catch, he had 4 catches for 44 yards. I'm not paying $15.5 million for that kind of inconsistency. And I'm not spending 2022 draft capital on another WR. Not when we need quality RT, EDGE, and CB to put us over the top to compete for a SB ring.

We are in a unique situation... for once, we have a lot of cap space. $76 million (per Spotrac) even before we cut Bulaga (another $11 million in cap savings).
              The other position we could fortify via FA is the IDL positions... relatively cheaply.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Spotrac has estimated market values for many players. Here are their estimated values for Adams/Williams:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-ba.../market-value/
                https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-ange.../market-value/

My biggest problem with Mike Williams is that he simply disappears in certain games (Minn, Phi, NE, Balt). 3 of those games were losses. People were excited about his game winning 53-yard TD last week. But that was a blown coverage. Before that catch, he had 4 catches for 44 yards. I'm not paying $15.5 million for that kind of inconsistency. And I'm not spending 2022 draft capital on another WR. Not when we need quality RT, EDGE, and CB to put us over the top to compete for a SB ring.

We are in a unique situation... for once, we have a lot of cap space. $76 million (per Spotrac) even before we cut Bulaga (another $11 million in cap savings).
                The other position we could fortify via FA is the IDL positions... relatively cheaply.
                I wouldnt say it was a blown coverage. I call it an adjustment alert to their defense the way they were playing that play call previous and we sent MW deep

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Davante Adams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Mike Williams contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Adams gets Keenan type target #s.

NAME / TARGETS / RECEPTIONS / TDs

Adams = 106 / 72 / 5
                  Allen = 106 / 74 / 2
                  MDub = 78 / 46 / 7
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I wouldnt say it was a blown coverage. I call it an adjustment alert to their defense the way they were playing that play call previous and we sent MW deep
                    Whatever you want to call it, the safety didn't rotate over in time. MW didn't create the separation... the play-call did. MW has had trouble creating separation. Davante Adams does not have that problem. Defending KA and DA would be extremely hard. If we're going to be a pass-first team, why not have dominant WR's...?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Whatever you want to call it, the safety didn't rotate over in time. MW didn't create the separation... the play-call did. MW has had trouble creating separation. Davante Adams does not have that problem. Defending KA and DA would be extremely hard. If we're going to be a pass-first team, why not have dominant WR's...?
                      It worked and something they hadn't seen on film. I've seen MW open plenty while the throw went to Keenan.

Would love to have Adams but for 8-9 mil a year more? Don't think so. What we need is another good 3rd WR to open things up more. Guyton ain't it and Palmer still a ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

All of you.

I am not understanding this as a roster building strategy. You are like crazed housewives with credit cards.

Why do you think we drafted Palmer and McKitty ? It was known MW and Cook were one year propositions.

There is one football for Herb to distribute. We do not need mega production from anyone new to the locker room.

KA. EK. Parham. Palmer. McKitty. Draft a WR. That's my humble projection.

UFA WRs are fools gold. Marty had his David Boston.

Invest in filling holes and overall depth. Build on top of the foundation that is here. Yunggins will emerge--count on it.

Respectfully counter-argued,
                        wisdom of wu
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Adams gets Keenan type target #s.

NAME / TARGETS / RECEPTIONS / TDs

Adams = 106 / 72 / 5
                          Allen = 106 / 74 / 2
                          MDub = 78 / 46 / 7
                          Targets not converted:

Adams = 34
                          Allen = 32
                          MDub = 32

Imagine if you drafted Woody's guy (Demus) in the 4th round. 4 WR sets: KA, DA, Palmer, Demus. Nearly unstoppable. Early leads would make opponents one-dimensional and save us from run-heavy offenses.

Comment

Working...
                          X