• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    I wonder why Norton didn't attend those training sessions in Dallas?
    Money? New baby? Slater & Pipkins make more money but Norton would probably have benefited.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Money? New baby? Slater & Pipkins make more money but Norton would probably have benefited.
      Plus, we don't actually know what Norton *was* doing, correct?
      Last edited by Ghost of Quacksaw; 06-24-2022, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Safe to say that the RT position battle will be watched closely during TC. I won't fault Storm from getting the exact same help as Pipkin, but I think getting help from Manyweather who has produced a near All-Pro out of Slater does not suck. I would be happy with a solid, average RT that will be helped within a solid OL.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

Our Way means we go for it and stay aggressive and I love it. It doesn’t work all the time, but it will work, more often than not. You need balls to do this. Take the KC game. When they decided to go for it on 4th, and there was a false start, move back and still go for it, that’s big balls. It worked and we as a forum didn’t explode.

If the coach wants to go for it, put it in Herbert’s hands. Let your stud qb dictate the game. Now that we improve the line and maybe have a bigger back who can get a yard, do it too.

The improved defense only tells me, we will go for it more.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

If Pipkins (or Norton) is an NFL average RT or better, we have a very good OL.
            Yes. IMO, the offense can adequately compensate for one sub-par lineman, but far less well for TWO sub-par linemen, especially when they line up next to each other. The Schofield/Norton combo last year was a serious buzz kill.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

We lost 3 games where the offense did not produce at or near their potential.
              I get your point that you want the O to dominate the closing minutes and that 90% or better of 1 score games should be a W given our QB & receiver talent. I would like that too. I believe it's a fact that the players and coaches believe they should.
              10 of 17 games should not depend on closing minute heroics by the offense. We were 5-5 in one score games under Staley / Lombardi.
              Having a more complete team, O, D & STs in 2022 should help.
              You’re in for some big disappointment then if we make the playoffs, pretty much all those games come down to the last couple minutes. We should be happy just to make the playoffs, then get bounced in the second game (if not the first)? 50% win ratio suggests that would be the outcome, I’ll lower my expectations accordingly (and pray the new D saves the O…).

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

You're talking about last year's team but this year's team looks be a better team. The experience they got last year added to the new players should make this team a better team. The defensive backfield looks much better now and the big DT's should help against the run. On offense we added a good young Guard. Only the RT position is questionable so there's reason to expect an even better offense.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You’re in for some big disappointment then if we make the playoffs, pretty much all those games come down to the last couple minutes. We should be happy just to make the playoffs, then get bounced in the second game (if not the first)? 50% win ratio suggests that would be the outcome, I’ll lower my expectations accordingly (and pray the new D saves the O…).
                  This is true for most Superbowl winning teams. The defense needs to make the final stand that is necessary to put you over the top for the Win!

:cheers:

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

You're talking about last year's team but this year's team looks be a better team. The experience they got last year added to the new players should make this team a better team. The defensive backfield looks much better now and the big DT's should help against the run. On offense we added a good young Guard. Only the RT position is questionable so there's reason to expect an even better offense.
                    With the 5-6 added veterans that Staley knows how to work with I would not be surprised to see us in the top 5 defenses in the NFL. We are not going to deflate like in years past on defense.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I wonder why Norton didn't attend those training sessions in Dallas?
                      It’s probably money.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Close games can always go either way in the NFL. That’s why point differential is a key factor in determining success versus being lucky.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

The 2021 team will not be playing this year. Last year proves it's hard to win NFL games with a # 30 D, #31 Special Teams.
                          The odds are good that we'll be significantly improved to avg or better in those areas. Add a top 5 or better O ( which is a lock) we'll be in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                          X