• ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    We are one player away from a very good defense
    And I think it is a DB.
    Or an hybrid S/LB ?
    A. Booth and D. Lloyd will be there at 17th.
    Still need pass penetrating IDLs. Get them please. Being weak at this has been the reason why the defense of this team doesn't do better than they do. It's one of the reasons why this team is bad on third downs on defense. And it wasn't just last year, they were bad on third downs in 2019 too.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Still need pass penetrating IDLs. Get them please. Being weak at this has been the reason why the defense of this team doesn't do better than they do. It's one of the reasons why this team is bad on third downs on defense. And it wasn't just last year, they were bad on third downs in 2019 too.
      Our FA DTs, Tillery and Gaziano will see less blocking when Bosa & Mack are playing - or vice versa. Either way there's QB pressure.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Our FA DTs, Tillery and Gaziano will see less blocking when Bosa & Mack are playing - or vice versa. Either way there's QB pressure.
        It will be interesting to see if Telesco has any other free agents to sign. Looking at the roster
        WR, RB and TE seem locked in
        DB room was added too in free agency and big time in the draft
        LB depth - they did bring Reeder

Edge -- lost Fackrell, never replaced him really so I can see that being an area
        RT - with Salyer - is it really a need
        DL depth

I

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It will be interesting to see if Telesco has any other free agents to sign. Looking at the roster
          WR, RB and TE seem locked in
          DB room was added too in free agency and big time in the draft
          LB depth - they did bring Reeder

Edge -- lost Fackrell, never replaced him really so I can see that being an area
          RT - with Salyer - is it really a need
          DL depth

I
          He played so little I didn't even notice he's gone. LOL! Don't we have rumph? Maybe they're looking for competent vet who doesn't have to play a lot of snaps.

:wtf:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

He played so little I didn't even notice he's gone. LOL! Don't we have rumph? Maybe they're looking for competent vet who doesn't have to play a lot of snaps.

:wtf:
            Fackrell played 382 snaps last season. That is about 1/3 of the season (1162 defensive snaps this year).

I think the real issue was that he is just not very productive. 12 tackles total, 3 sacks

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

QB * Herbo, Chase * guessin' they'll make room on the ps for Easton
              RB * Ekeler, Isaiah Spiller, Zander Horvath * not sure if the any of Kelley, Rountree, nor Nabers are gonna stick
              WR * Keenan, MW, Palmer, Guyton, DeAndre Carter * this might be the party of five going into the season.... glad the top wideouts were off the board by 17
              TE * Gerald Everett, Tre McKitty, Parham * was hoping for someone here from the draft, but solid bunch if they can overcome their ?s
              LT * Rashawn * Pips can back him up, and might be his saving grace for his last contract year
              LG * Zion * pls don't phuk/Feeney this chit up.... just play him where he needs to play.... not RG, and Telesco needs to get out of his own way
              OC * Linsley, Will Clapp, Brendan Jaimes * time to start grooming Jaimes for the OC
              RG * Aboushi, Jamaree Salyer * personally would pony up reasonable starter monies for Oday and let Jamaree play himself into an eventual starting role here
              RT * Feiler * between the likes of Storm, Foster Sarrell, Ryan Hunter and now Andrew Trainer, should be some intrigue @the very least

NT * Sebastian Joseph Day, Otito Ogbonnia* how 'bout some Linval Joseph here, and perhaps some Forrest Merrill as well
              DT * Austin Johnson, Tillery, Covington * think they got enough to take care of the IDL duties given the aforementioned players @NT
              DE * Bosa, Mack, Rumph * like the Takkarist McKinley suggestion, as we gotta get someone in here.... minus DeAngelo Malone
              LB * Murray, Tranquill, Ogbongbemiga, Niemann, Troy Reeder * think this position group is pretty much set 'til '023
              CB JC Jackson, Asante, Tevaughn, Mike D. * not sure if Kemon stays in the equation, as the likes of Ja-Sir Taylor, Deanne Leonard, and maybe even Brandon Sebastian should provide a coupla few helpful addtions
              S * Derwin, Nasir, Mark Webb, Alohi, JT Woods * again, think this spot is pretty much done for right now

PK * Hopkins * ready
              PT * JK Scott * set
              LS * Josh Harris * go
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

looks like the camp battles will be @RB for the fourth spot there, which could well be a late add FA

swing tackle looks like it will be a roundabout as well, as guessing we might bring in a late FA add @guard

on the other side of the ball, CB looks like a free for all between about a handful or so of prospects for the 4/5 CB spots

could be some competition @the IDL, but think it wiser/best to bring back Linval for another go 'round there
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Bears released Nick Foles. Would be a good back up QB

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    I agree, we need an upgrade at B/U QB…keep jeff as a QB assistant coach and get a real back up…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      There is even talk of Michael Davis being Slot capable.

Staley loves flexibility in a lot of places.
                      Didn’t he have one of his best games in the slot last year? I thought they used him to help with waller in raider game #1…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        YUUUGE upgrade over Chase if the point of a #2 is a QB who could actually play in a game in emergency situation
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Didn’t he have one of his best games in the slot last year? I thought they used him to help with waller in raider game #1…
                          I don’t envision MD playing well in the slot against actual slot receivers. He seems more an outside CB - I’m happy to be wrong. I’d see ASJ as a better slot DB, but maybe not against TEs like Waller.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X