Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

YUUUGE upgrade over Chase if the point of a #2 is a QB who could actually play in a game in emergency situation
    Agreed. I know they like Chase because he's familiar with the system and helps Herbert prepare. And maybe that was good last season, but I don't think Herbert needs that now. (Or they should hire Chase as a coach.) The backup QB, especially on a team with SB aspirations like the Chargers, should be able to step in short term in the event the the starter has to miss a few weeks and give the team a chance to win. Foles is that guy; he's done it before. Chase hardly has any game experience, which to me is mind-boggling, given how long he has been in the league. I'd rather have Stick go in for Herbert if Herbert couldn't go for some reason. Stick has never had a chance to play with an actual NFL roster. His limited playing time has been with scrubs. When he has had good players on the field in preseason games, he's looked pretty decent actually.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Agreed. I know they like Chase because he's familiar with the system and helps Herbert prepare. And maybe that was good last season, but I don't think Herbert needs that now. (Or they should hire Chase as a coach.) The backup QB, especially on a team with SB aspirations like the Chargers, should be able to step in short term in the event the the starter has to miss a few weeks and give the team a chance to win. Foles is that guy; he's done it before. Chase hardly has any game experience, which to me is mind-boggling, given how long he has been in the league. I'd rather have Stick go in for Herbert if Herbert couldn't go for some reason. Stick has never had a chance to play with an actual NFL roster. His limited playing time has been with scrubs. When he has had good players on the field in preseason games, he's looked pretty decent actually.
      100% THIS. QFT.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Fackrell played 382 snaps last season. That is about 1/3 of the season (1162 defensive snaps this year).

I think the real issue was that he is just not very productive. 12 tackles total, 3 sacks
        I believe he also was injured and missed games.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          QB * Herbo, Chase * guessin' they'll make room on the ps for Easton
          RB * Ekeler, Isaiah Spiller, Zander Horvath * not sure if the any of Kelley, Rountree, nor Nabers are gonna stick
          WR * Keenan, MW, Palmer, Guyton, DeAndre Carter * this might be the party of five going into the season.... glad the top wideouts were off the board by 17
          TE * Gerald Everett, Tre McKitty, Parham * was hoping for someone here from the draft, but solid bunch if they can overcome their ?s
          LT * Rashawn * Pips can back him up, and might be his saving grace for his last contract year
          LG * Zion * pls don't phuk/Feeney this chit up.... just play him where he needs to play.... not RG, and Telesco needs to get out of his own way
          OC * Linsley, Will Clapp, Brendan Jaimes * time to start grooming Jaimes for the OC
          RG * Aboushi, Jamaree Salyer * personally would pony up reasonable starter monies for Oday and let Jamaree play himself into an eventual starting role here
          RT * Feiler * between the likes of Storm, Foster Sarrell, Ryan Hunter and now Andrew Trainer, should be some intrigue @the very least

NT * Sebastian Joseph Day, Otito Ogbonnia* how 'bout some Linval Joseph here, and perhaps some Forrest Merrill as well
          DT * Austin Johnson, Tillery, Covington * think they got enough to take care of the IDL duties given the aforementioned players @NT
          DE * Bosa, Mack, Rumph * like the Takkarist McKinley suggestion, as we gotta get someone in here.... minus DeAngelo Malone
          LB * Murray, Tranquill, Ogbongbemiga, Niemann, Troy Reeder * think this position group is pretty much set 'til '023
          CB JC Jackson, Asante, Tevaughn, Mike D. * not sure if Kemon stays in the equation, as the likes of Ja-Sir Taylor, Deanne Leonard, and maybe even Brandon Sebastian should provide a coupla few helpful addtions
          S * Derwin, Nasir, Mark Webb, Alohi, JT Woods * again, think this spot is pretty much done for right now

PK * Hopkins * ready
          PT * JK Scott * set
          LS * Josh Harris * go
          Well they already said Fieler is staying at LG. Feeney was just not very good and I don't think where he played meant anything. He just wasn't NFL material.
          Several OLs have played multiple positions and I'm sure Zion was asked that question.

I Think you even named him as a player who can fill in at OC so why would RG big any different?

OC imo is a bigger transition than RG. Didn't seem to hinder Kenyan Green any or Salyer so far but some adapt better than others.

Comment

• JupiterBolt
            ~ Charger Fan ~
            • Sep 2018
            • Jupiter, FL
            • Send PM

F06F3364-B63F-4A82-B712-1DE905421547.jpeg

I'm curious to see how much Pipkins has improved since last year.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

Being a trencher, me too. Moreso now than ever before. He will have to be consistently good to make it through the playoffs... hell, even through the AFC West with all of the added pass-rushers and DB's.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Unless they are expecting Bosa and Mack to play a full schedule they better add edge guys. Right now it’s only Rumph and some CFL guy. Razor thin and we know Bosa has concussion issues and Mack is coming off foot surgery

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Flowers and/or Houston are my choices. I wonder how Ojabo impacts where Houston goes. Is he going to play this year?

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

There are plenty of veteran free agents available in the next waive of free agency. Staley indicated they would be adding some to compete. Would think OT would be highest priority.

E.Fisher-OT would be a great addition to compete for the starting RT spot. 15 starts last year. Still only 31. Former 1st rd talent.

D.Williams-OT started 17 games last year.
                    He would be a nice addition as well.

Add them both. Get it done Stalesco.

Re-Sign Justin Jackson.
                    Need another player with burst at RB. Cut Josh Kelley
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t envision MD playing well in the slot against actual slot receivers. He seems more an outside CB - I’m happy to be wrong. I’d see ASJ as a better slot DB, but maybe not against TEs like Waller.
                      I'm expecting them to play a lot of man coverage.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        Flowers and/or Houston are my choices. I wonder how Ojabo impacts where Houston goes. Is he going to play this year?
                        Morgan Fox? I believe there’s a Staley connection because of his time with the Rams in 2020.

And as much as I thought Ogbonnia was a good pick in the 5th, I did wish we had drafted a punter w/ one of our 7ths. I just don’t think Scott is that big of an upgrade over Ty Long. FO and Staley seem to think differently so I’ll trust their decision for now.
                        Last edited by Xenos; 05-01-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I’ll believe it when I see it, we’ve known for a while that he has traits, but he also soft as a roll of Charmin, bends at the waist, lunges, has horrible football IQ, doesn’t play with toughness, and he was still showing all that type of stuff last summer after three years in the NFL! To say that pipkins is amongst the most improved could be a little misleading considering the level he’s been playing at. So is he improved enough to be a viable backup a below average starter, an average starter, an above average starter, I mean WTH are we talking about here?

I’m probably screwing up the math but It’s like a kid taking his GPA from 1.5 to 2.5 as compared to a kid that had a 3.75 GPA moving up to a 4.0. The guy that moved up to 2.5 improved by what 40%? The kid that was a 3.75 GPA only improved 6-7%? So pipkins “greatly improved” means exactly what? Especially considering he was shit to start with is the point I’m trying to make.
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X