Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I want these 2 guys for the interior agter we resign Jones
    BJ Hill (reunites with Justin Jones)
    Sebastian Joseph-Day

value rotational guys who can stop the run and offer some pressure in passing situations

2 DBs I'm interested in are
    CB Donte Jackson for his zone ability against the faster WRs in the AFCW
    And S Jayron Kearse to matchup against Waller and Kelce

Resign the obvious guys in Jones, Uchena, White, and maybe Covington and Fackrell
    let Joseph walk along with Harris

On offense, resign Williams, Abushi, Anderson, Guyton and Parham
    everyone else goes, including Norton, I'll let Pipkins be the penciled in starter but also dip into FA/draft

FA:
    Morgan Moses
    Leonard Fournette
    T-Bily come home!
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Sebastian Joseph-Day

value rotational guys who can stop the run and offer some pressure in passing situations

Resign the obvious guys in Jones, Uchena, White, and maybe Covington and Fackrell

everyone else goes, including Norton, I'll let Pipkins be the penciled in starter but also dip into FA/draft

FA:
      Morgan Moses
      Leonard Fournette
      T-Bily come home!
      I will take one of Hill or Joseph-Day to go along with Justin Jones
      But if you can have all three I like it. I agree about Aboushi, Anderson, Guyton and Parham. I am still in the wait and see mode on Mike Williams
      RB - I think I want younger than Fournette - use the draft

Morgan Moses would be a nice option at RT

Norton - whatever the minimum is - thats what I offer

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

The TE position will be interesting to see what happens. Parham's injury was scary. Will Parham have second thoughts about playing, will he be thinking about having another head injury if he plays and won't go all out? I wonder how the end of yr discussion with him went and what his mindset is. Herbo needs a TE that he can depend on, and if Cook doesn't come back, that hole will need to be filled.

A few vets that may make sense are Eric Ebron, Mo Allie-Cox, Hayden Hurst, and Tyler Conklin. Conklin had a productive yr with the Vikes, and wouldn't break the bank. I'd rather have a vet come in than draft a TE, as the room doesn't have a lot of age/experience in it without Cook. A Vikings site speculates that Conklin could fetch $5M a yr, which should be a fit. He'd be worth 4 yr, $20M. He's young too.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Sebastian Joseph-Day

FA:
          Morgan Moses
          Leonard Fournette
          T-Bily come home!
          Agree except on Pip...use him for depth and sign a FA RT...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree except on Pip...use him for depth and sign a FA RT...
            I updated my spreadsheet this morning: Based on the players signed futures contracts the Chargers signed this week, increases for Adderley and Tranquill for playing time as 4th year to be players, and estimating 9 (of 11) draft picks to bring the roster to 53 (though I know until Labor Day you only need 51 for cap, I just use 53) - the Chargers are sitting at just over 50m in cap space.

If Bulaga is released, and that wouldn't be a surprise, that would push the number to close to $61m. Save about $7m for the PS and regular season. That leaves $54m for Telesco to go shopping with

It might sound like a lot - but it goes pretty damn fast. Granted, cash and a good accountant can truly maximize the Chargers cap

Comment

• jox g
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I updated my spreadsheet this morning: Based on the players signed futures contracts the Chargers signed this week, increases for Adderley and Tranquill for playing time as 4th year to be players, and estimating 9 (of 11) draft picks to bring the roster to 53 (though I know until Labor Day you only need 51 for cap, I just use 53) - the Chargers are sitting at just over 50m in cap space.

If Bulaga is released, and that wouldn't be a surprise, that would push the number to close to $61m. Save about $7m for the PS and regular season. That leaves $54m for Telesco to go shopping with

It might sound like a lot - but it goes pretty damn fast. Granted, cash and a good accountant can truly maximize the Chargers cap
              Thx for this! Real good. Does the $54 include draft picks (or no)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Thx for this! Real good. Does the $54 include draft picks (or no)
                Yes - I have accounted for the draft picks. If you look at the below website, Over the Cap - it shows the Chargers at approximate 69m of cap space. But it does not include the players signed this week top future contracts or the draft pick. So I have allocated those dollars as placeholders. I don't have exact numbers so just used this years rookie class, Slater, Samuel, etc as placeholders.

Los Angeles Chargers Salary Cap | Over the Cap

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                  The TE position will be interesting to see what happens. Parham's injury was scary. Will Parham have second thoughts about playing, will he be thinking about having another head injury if he plays and won't go all out? I wonder how the end of yr discussion with him went and what his mindset is. Herbo needs a TE that he can depend on, and if Cook doesn't come back, that hole will need to be filled.

A few vets that may make sense are Eric Ebron, Mo Allie-Cox, Hayden Hurst, and Tyler Conklin. Conklin had a productive yr with the Vikes, and wouldn't break the bank. I'd rather have a vet come in than draft a TE, as the room doesn't have a lot of age/experience in it without Cook. A Vikings site speculates that Conklin could fetch $5M a yr, which should be a fit. He'd be worth 4 yr, $20M. He's young too.
                  Parham is on the cusp of a life-setting contract, which will weigh in his thinking. but you never know how it might affect his psyche. He is a terrific weapon, especially in the red zone
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

We see what Parham can be. We’ve even seen flashes of it from Pipkens. Why not try to get a few extra years a team friendly rate?

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                      We see what Parham can be. We’ve even seen flashes of it from Pipkens. Why not try to get a few extra years a team friendly rate?
                      Agree with this. Must be careful with Parham's contract though, he may not be the same when he returns. Hope that's not the case, he's such a great young fellow.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Agree with this. Must be careful with Parham's contract though, he may not be the same when he returns. Hope that's not the case, he's such a great young fellow.
                        He’s the best dresser on the Chargers. Must keep him

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He’s the best dresser on the Chargers. Must keep him
                          Great selection at Big n Tall.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...