• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Really need to get after the front 7. Upgrade Murray if he cant handle it. I like Jones also but i bet we sign a guy and draft one. And edge. Another year of trash D its all on Staley imo. Im tired of blaming the players only. Guys need to develop. I like where we are drafting. Imagine if another Safety fell? LIke Hamilton? Despite our massive needs on the DL? Id pull the trigger on that kid. You can move Dewin around.
    Agree and disagree. From earlier post
    - I also see Derwin, Joey and a bunch of guys
    - Agree - Murray is an enigma - i am not betting on him, I’m building a strategy that assumes he’s a bust ST player. he’s a bonus surprise if he emerges to be an NFL player
    - 2021 defensive picks ASJ, Rumpf appear to be players. Neiman and Webb not sure but they were Rd6-7. Maybe Staley did help a bit. 5 offensive picks, that will flip to D this draft
    - Safety is not priority, DL and CB are. Add another awesome safety and don’t fix DL and CB and we’re screwed again.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I see no choice but to give Staley some slack.

There is complete agreement here about emphasizing the Front Seven. CLE and BUF are gonna yield several targets. The Draft points to two midrounders in my view, due to value and available talent.
      I am. I still think there are coaches who can do more with what we have though. So until i see it and not just hear it.....hes still got a ton of hype surrounding him. Frankly year after year tired of the hype regarding this team.

The players love him. I want to say they fight for him. But i dont see the D fighting this season. Cant recall how many times i just yelled "soft lazy pussies" at the TV.

I also have a theory that the social media chick spends way to much time taking our players away from work. lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

I am. I still think there are coaches who can do more with what we have though. So until i see it and not just hear it.....hes still got a ton of hype surrounding him. Frankly year after year tired of the hype regarding this team.

The players love him. I want to say they fight for him. But i dont see the D fighting this season. Cant recall how many times i just yelled "soft lazy pussies" at the TV.

I also have a theory that the social media chick spends way to much time taking our players away from work. lol
        Staley must come up with stuff that works, pronto.

NFL players are keen BS detectors.

I am interested in Cameron Thomas and Travon Walker,
        as they are hard workers.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree and disagree. From earlier post
          - I also see Derwin, Joey and a bunch of guys
          - Agree - Murray is an enigma - i am not betting on him, I’m building a strategy that assumes he’s a bust ST player. he’s a bonus surprise if he emerges to be an NFL player
          - 2021 defensive picks ASJ, Rumpf appear to be players. Neiman and Webb not sure but they were Rd6-7. Maybe Staley did help a bit. 5 offensive picks, that will flip to D this draft
          - Safety is not priority, DL and CB are. Add another awesome safety and don’t fix DL and CB and we’re screwed again.
          Im not suggesting we ignore more pressing needs for Hamilton. There are many ways to skin a cat. I hope we can do that for this defense without it costing the offense. Maybe half a roster on the books for 2022. There will be plenty of new bodies brought in. I suspect the front office sort of gave Staley the opportunity this season to see what he has to work with. I think there may be some that are not good fits. And get moved or cut.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Im not suggesting we ignore more pressing needs for Hamilton. There are many ways to skin a cat. I hope we can do that for this defense without it costing the offense.
            We grab a solid, healthy RT and a tough RB then we should just go wild on defense this off season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

We grab a solid, healthy RT and a tough RB then we should just go wild on defense this off season.
              Couldn't agree more. Granted, if you don't sign Mike Williams you need to sign a WR. But after bringing back key free agents - like you said: IDL, RT, CB, RB, Edge, more IDL, maybe one more OL. A new punter would be nice.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Totally down. Those are my O wishes. But MW and Odey need to come back.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Totally down. Those are my O wishes. But MW and Odey need to come back.
                  If we don't sign MW I fear he may end up in New England with Belicheck. Then we can spend our time cheering for the ex-chargers. LOL!

:shifty:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If we don't sign MW I fear he may end up in New England with Belicheck. Then we can spend our time cheering for the ex-chargers. LOL!

:shifty:
                    Makes more sense than 2 high priced TE's. lol

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

For FA, how about:

1. A solid, healthy RT
                      2. A tough RB
                      3. AND a nasty, run-stuffing DT!

And THEN go wild on defense in the draft! Starting with Edge and corner!

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Staley must come up with stuff that works, pronto.

NFL players are keen BS detectors.

I am interested in Cameron Thomas and Travon Walker,
                        as they are hard workers.
                        Your first two sentences are right on the money. If we see it and hear his comments the players do x 10. His rap is going to go in one ear and out the other if there aren’t results next season

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I'm thinking the players he needed to run his defense we couldn't get in house in one off-season and they will continue to re-tool this defense from the Dline back. Obviously we didn't had the edge rusher to fill Melvin's shoes and those are hard to find. I think we go edge in the draft early then Dline and CB. I also think we add a vet or to on Dline as well.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X