• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

Interesting but I would rather have 6'4" 211 4.38 40 time than a 5'9" 179 4.38 40 for a NFL WR. That said a new Steve Smith wouldn't be bad.
    Straight up: If I'm going WR in the draft, I'm going the best WR in the draft, IMHO. It's Jameson.

Hypothetical: The Chargers go into a 3-wide formation in 2022: Mike Williams, Keenan Allen, & Jameson Williams. Which two WRs do you double-cover?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

https://www.the33rdteam.com/mike-gid...2022-playoffs/

This is a really good article that ranked the Bengals and Patriots roster, in ranked order going into the 2021 season.

New England
      1. QB
      2. DL
      3. WR/NWR
      4. 3E/NDT
      5. LT
      6. TE/N-Y
      7. ILB/WNB
      8. LG
      Cincinnati
      1. QB (Burrow’s health)
      2. DT/NDT
      3. RT
      4. RE/NRE
      5. WR Top 20
      6. RC/NRC
      7. HB
      8. ILB/SNB

Please post your Chargers 8 below. Thank You.

Chargers

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Chargers

1. EDGE
        2. DT (3t + 4i)
        3. CB
        4. RT
        5. WR Top 20
        6. LB
        7. RB
        8. S

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
          Chargers

1. EDGE
          2. DT (3t + 4i)
          3. CB
          4. RT
          5. WR Top 20
          6. LB
          7. RB
          8. S
          Hopefully at least three on that list get taken care of in FA.

Comment

• GetBolted
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Butler, PA
            • Send PM

Adarius Pickett HARD-HITTING DB ᴴᴰ - YouTube
            Saw this and think maybe we should resign the guy. I remember liking him out of college.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

OL counts! I was pleasantly surprised to see TT sign Linsley, Feiler and Aboushi in FA then draft Slater and lo, we were a top 5 offense.

Cin got their 2021 OL starters, LT 2019, LG 2019, C 2016, RG 2020, RT 2019.
              Cincy's key 2021 adds appeared to be FA DLs Trey Hendrikson, Larry Oginjobi, CBs Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton. 1st rd draft pick Jamar Chase.
              We could use DL - CB and another top WR also.
              The reason the Bengals could take Jamarr Chase with the 4th pick is because they did the work in free agency, with the names above to build out the defense. Also they signed Riley Reiff as a stop gap RT.

So for the Chargers to take a WR like Jameson - means Telesco will have had to do the work in free agency to make sure he at worst, more IDL depth next too Justin Jones (presuming he is back) and maybe a CB as an upgrade to Chris Harris. Personally, I think if you bring back Mike Williams - than Jameson or Olave are just luxuries with the 17th pick and personally to go RT or CB - whatever you didn't get in free agency. But I will see what happens in free agency first

And again, the Bengals were very smart in who they signed on defense - Telesco - take note of the age.

Telesco might want to also explore trading Kenneth Murray for a teams player that isn't working out in their system. I know the Bengals got Hill for Price - -not looking for that. But maybe just a trade of two players draft in 2020 that might need new homes. The obvious choice is Jaelon Reagor from the Eagles but who knows - maybe there is a match out there.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Keeping Mdub does not preclude drafting Jameson...KA cant play forever, and Guyton could be upgraded...couple years the three would be Williams, JW, and Palmer...thats a nice collection of recievers that span the spectrum of skills. If you think the combo of FA and day 2 picks can address RT and defense, then you absolutely consider an offensive playmaker with the first pick...something I usually am against...but when you see guys like Hill, Kelce, Kupp, and Chase being the heroes that turn the tide in the playoffs...you cant ignore the chance to add that element to your game.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Keeping Mdub does not preclude drafting Jameson...KA cant play forever, and Guyton could be upgraded...couple years the three would be Williams, JW, and Palmer...thats a nice collection of recievers that span the spectrum of skills. If you think the combo of FA and day 2 picks can address RT and defense, then you absolutely consider an offensive playmaker with the first pick...something I usually am against...but when you see guys like Hill, Kelce, Kupp, and Chase being the heroes that turn the tide in the playoffs...you cant ignore the chance to add that element to your game.
                  My thing is offense wasn't the issue with the Chargers. Sure adding speed is not a bad thing. And the Chargers need it on offense But they need to fix RT, and the defense first

So if you take care of business in free agency with two of the three: IDL and CB plus bringing back your key free agents, thats fine. But if not, WR at 17 is a luxury.

I truly can see Reagor for Murray as a possibility - one teams not so good pick for another teams not so good pick

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The reason the Bengals could take Jamarr Chase with the 4th pick is because they did the work in free agency, with the names above to build out the defense. Also they signed Riley Reiff as a stop gap RT.

So for the Chargers to take a WR like Jameson - means Telesco will have had to do the work in free agency to make sure he at worst, more IDL depth next too Justin Jones (presuming he is back) and maybe a CB as an upgrade to Chris Harris. Personally, I think if you bring back Mike Williams - than Jameson or Olave are just luxuries with the 17th pick and personally to go RT or CB - whatever you didn't get in free agency. But I will see what happens in free agency first

And again, the Bengals were very smart in who they signed on defense - Telesco - take note of the age.

Telesco might want to also explore trading Kenneth Murray for a teams player that isn't working out in their system. I know the Bengals got Hill for Price - -not looking for that. But maybe just a trade of two players draft in 2020 that might need new homes. The obvious choice is Jaelon Reagor from the Eagles but who knows - maybe there is a match out there.
                    Bengals got the better of that deal. It's not like Hill was unproductive.....like Price has been,....and Reager.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      https://www.the33rdteam.com/mike-gid...2022-playoffs/

This is a really good article that ranked the Bengals and Patriots roster, in ranked order going into the 2021 season.

New England
                      1. QB
                      2. DL
                      3. WR/NWR
                      4. 3E/NDT
                      5. LT
                      6. TE/N-Y
                      7. ILB/WNB
                      8. LG
                      Cincinnati
                      1. QB (Burrow’s health)
                      2. DT/NDT
                      3. RT
                      4. RE/NRE
                      5. WR Top 20
                      6. RC/NRC
                      7. HB
                      8. ILB/SNB

Please post your Chargers 8 below. Thank You.

Chargers

1. DT
                      2. RT
                      3. CB OR EDGE
                      4. CB OR EDGE
                      5. RB
                      6. K
                      7. BPA
                      8. BPA

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                        You forgot punter! I think that’s even a higher priority if we resign Hopkins.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You forgot punter! I think that’s even a higher priority if we resign Hopkins.
                          I wrote the exact same thing in the Staley thread - not that I wouldn't want a Tucker, Butker or the kid from Cincy but I think Hopkins is good enough. Ty Long needs to be replaced

Brady retiring - I wonder how they will rebuild the roster now. Does Carlton Davis make sense to spend big money on

Comment

Working...
                          X